+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just finished landing at CIC Etobicoke-- Info sharing.

karmicYogi

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Hi Guys,

Been a long journey of 5 years, 1 masters, 1 job and several moves later I can proudly say that I am a PR ( Well waiting for PR card at least )

Thought I will quickly share my experiences here.

Once you receive your CoPR, call this IRCC number immediately 1-888-242-2100, It is always busy so be persistent and be prepared to wait for 15-20 mins. Tell the agent you wish to land at CIC office, they will ask you some questions and tell you that you will hear within two weeks about the appointment with CIC. Wait two weeks, usually they respond before two weeks.

Once you get the email from CIC - "Whatever Centre is closest to you": Prepare the needed documents like Passport, CoPR (two copies, unsigned), Work permit, existing SIN info, 2xphotos etc. ( these are the most commonly asked docs). Please note that CIC will give you a time range of 1-3 or 3-5, make sure you arrive 15 mins earlier than that time.

Once you reach the office make sure to check in at reception, they will give you a token number, take it and wait for your turn. Once you are called it barely takes 10 mins for the whole process to be over, they will ask you simple questions like have you committed any crime and what not answer those, then they will confirm your details and make you sign the CoPR and set you up for SIN. Once you get your SIN number you are all set! Congratulations you are now a permanent resident of Canada.

PS: Please don't be rude to the person at the counter, I saw this guy almost yelling at the poor lady, don't be that guy.

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
Thanks for sharing your experience. Did they tell you how long you need to wait for your PR card? 45 days?

Lalatendu

May 31, 2017
Hi Guys,

Been a long journey of 5 years, 1 masters, 1 job and several moves later I can proudly say that I am a PR ( Well waiting for PR card at least )

Once you receive your CoPR, call this IRCC number immediately 1-888-242-2100, It is always busy so be persistent and be prepared to wait for 15-20 mins. Tell the agent you wish to land at CIC office, they will ask you some questions and tell you that you will hear within two weeks about the appointment with CIC. Wait two weeks, usually they respond before two weeks.

Once you get the email from CIC - "Whatever Centre is closest to you": Prepare the needed documents like Passport, CoPR (two copies, unsigned), Work permit, existing SIN info, 2xphotos etc. ( these are the most commonly asked docs). Please note that CIC will give you a time range of 1-3 or 3-5, make sure you arrive 15 mins earlier than that time.

Once you reach the office make sure to check in at reception, they will give you a token number, take it and wait for your turn. Once you are called it barely takes 10 mins for the whole process to be over, they will ask you simple questions like have you committed any crime and what not answer those, then they will confirm your details and make you sign the CoPR and set you up for SIN. Once you get your SIN number you are all set! Congratulations you are now a permanent resident of Canada.

PS: Please don't be rude to the person at the counter, I saw this guy almost yelling at the poor lady, don't be that guy.
Hi karmicYogi,

Just wanted to know how many days you have to wait for the appointment after you got the response from CIC

pharmacy tech

Sep 4, 2017
Hi Guys,

Hi, i got COPR 2 days ago and as you suggested i called the cic immidiately.
I would like to know if they tell you what documents i need to bring in the email they send. Somehow, i lost some documents that i used for express entry, i wonder if i should get them again which would take some time..
Your advice would be really appreciated.