+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June Applicant-SDS from India still no AIP. Need Suggestions, please.

JakeGittes

Mar 16, 2020
I applied via SDS on June 16th, a complete application except for biometric information. I have still not received an AIP. My classes begin on the 14th. January intake for my course has already been filled, so this week is my final chance or I lost a year of my life.

Please suggest what should I do to invite the IRCC's attention to my application. I have already told my agent to raise a webform a few days ago. I am still waiting for their response. I emailed the regional office of Canadian High Commission (Chandigarh), who did not clarify anything.

I submitted the application online from India, where do Indian online applications are being processed? Should I write to Delhi office?

Welp333444

Aug 8, 2020
I am sure you'll get an answer this week. I applied for my permit on the 27th of June. It was a non-SDS application and I just received their decision today. They rejected mine, but I hadn't submitted a lot of key documents with my initial application and added them later through a webform. I don't think you should be worried about getting a refusal if you applied through sds. Unfortunately, the IRCC takes forever to get back to you if you raise a webform. I know from experience because I raised two webforms for my application, and they responded after two months. Best of luck!

JakeGittes

Mar 16, 2020
Thank you for your input.
Can you clarify something for me. Do I have to attach a explanatory note for IRCC of why I wasn't able to give my biometric information?
I also received a supporting letter from my college clarifying that my course is entirely online, should I attach it to the application?

Welp333444

Aug 8, 2020
Yes, you should definitely add a note explaining why you weren't able to get your biometrics/medical done if you haven't mentioned it in your SOP.
Did you receive a request for biometrics or medical?
For the letter stating all of your classes will be online, you could attach it to your application, but I don't think it'll make much of a difference if you don't. The important thing is your LOA with your program start date, since that will make the review of your application faster imo. Also, if you want to go to Canada when the travel restriction is lifted despite having all of your classes held online, I would suggest you ask a consultant about how it would affect your travel plans in the future if you attach the letter stating your entire program has been shifted online

Reactions: JakeGittes

nixferns

Aug 26, 2020
I applied via SDS on June 16th, a complete application except for biometric information. I have still not received an AIP. My classes begin on the 14th. January intake for my course has already been filled, so this week is my final chance or I lost a year of my life.

Please suggest what should I do to invite the IRCC's attention to my application. I have already told my agent to raise a webform a few days ago. I am still waiting for their response. I emailed the regional office of Canadian High Commission (Chandigarh), who did not clarify anything.

I submitted the application online from India, where do Indian online applications are being processed? Should I write to Delhi office?
I am in the same situation as you. Only difference being I submitted my file on the 4th of June, got tired waiting for my AIP and didn't want to risk seats getting full of the next intake, so already deferred to Jan.

To answer your question, Delhi embassy is the only one operational right now all others in India are closed due to covid. Also, not all indian applications are processed in India. Due to work load and reduced staff Indian applications (like mine) are also being processed in Edmonton Canada, yours might be too. You can call IRCC from India and speak with an agent to get some updates on your file, I had made a post about it here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/i-called-ircc-from-india.701952/

Last edited:

JakeGittes

Mar 16, 2020
I am in the same situation as you. Only difference being I submitted my file on the 4th of June, got tired waiting for my AIP and didn't want to risk seats getting full of the next intake, so already deferred to Jan.

To answer your question, Delhi embassy is the only one operational right now all others in India are closed due to covid. Also, not all indian applications are processed in India. Due to work load and reduced staff Indian applications (like mine) are also being processed in Edmonton Canada, yours might be too. You can call IRCC from India and speak with an agent to get some updates on your file, I had made a post about it here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/i-called-ircc-from-india.701952/
Thank you so much for your reply. I also gave up on AIP and changed my program to something else as my course was already full for the Jan term.

Can you help regarding these questions of mine?
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/questions-regarding-change-of-program-after-filing.702709/

Tanvipar

Oct 2, 2020
Same situation. I applied on 23th Jun. Sds category. Still didn't get AIP. Sent multiple webforms but don't get expected answer yet. Can anyone suggest me what should I do now ?

jmjrose

Star Member
Sep 12, 2020
Same here, applied on June 20 sds, full application except bio, no AIP until nw.. Deferred to jan intake nw... Still waiting for AIP.. Don't know if they will provide AIP to the ones who already deferred to January intake.