Star Member
May 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everybody, i have been just watching for the last month, so it´s been a month since i sent full docs to the VO, no signal yet and Can´t check status online, I am about to send a letter to the VO asking about my Appl. status, so does anyone have any idea of how to write the letter, how can i ask without making them angry? does anyone have an example??

Please advice.

sazzadkw

Jun 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
Doc's Request.
Update Doc Requested X March 2013(18 months letter)
Nomination.....
Process started 2X March 2012
File Transfer...
Updates Police clearence request AUG 2013
Med's Request
Medical + RPRF request - XX-SEPT-2013
Med's Done....
XX sept 2013
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
XX Dec 2013
VISA ISSUED...
XX Dec 2013
LANDED..........
Travelling on March 2nd week 2014
Yes,, I did like that. Sent all the transcript(sealed envelop from university) and marksheet and certificates notarised copy to VO london

akapoor3 said:
Hi All,

Is there anyone who submit transcripts along with notorized copies of marksheets and degrees, at the time of submitting final docs.

Please advice
Thanks
Anubhav

akapoor3

Jun 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2010
Doc's Request.
28-09-2010 (I AOR)
AOR Received.
09-02-2011 (II AOR)
IELTS Request
Sent along with Documents on 25-01-2011
File Transfer...
IP on 03-05-2012
Med's Request
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
14-09-2013
Passport Req..
Sent on 25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2013
LANDED..........
Calgary
Thanks Sazzadkw and tot2311 for your prompt response.

akapoor3

Jun 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2010
Doc's Request.
28-09-2010 (I AOR)
AOR Received.
09-02-2011 (II AOR)
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
IP on 03-05-2012
Med's Request
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
14-09-2013
Passport Req..
Sent on 25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2013
LANDED..........
Calgary
Hi Lakhvinder,

Thats really good...All d very best to you

I am still stuck in fornalities for computerized Birth cer, Transcript, PCC etc..Also, i got married a month back..so m thinking whether it wud be a gud idea to edit mine and my spouse passports..bcz i m gonna claim 5 points for her education (MBA finance regular)....
Can u pls help me on this

Also, i lost offer letter of the CA firm where i wrkd during 2004-05. All i have is exp. cum salary cer frm them...wud that wrk?

Pls help ji...

Thanks,
Anubhav

lakhvinder.kaur

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2010
New Delhi India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Sept-2013
akapoor3 said:
Hi Lakhvinder,

Thats really good...All d very best to you

I am still stuck in fornalities for computerized Birth cer, Transcript, PCC etc..Also, i got married a month back..so m thinking whether it wud be a gud idea to edit mine and my spouse passports..bcz i m gonna claim 5 points for her education (MBA finance regular)....
Can u pls help me on this

Also, i lost offer letter of the CA firm where i wrkd during 2004-05. All i have is exp. cum salary cer frm them...wud that wrk?

Pls help ji...

Thanks,
Anubhav
Congrats Anubhav !
Wish you a very happy married life.
Yes collecting docs is not a easy task, it takes time. You must add your wife at this stage. Passport updation can be done parallely. Send all available documents like marriage certificate & marriage photographs to prove it genuine.

I think if you have experience certificate and salary certificate then it is fine. Plus get the current dated reference letter for the same.

Wish you all the best.

akapoor3

Jun 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2010
Doc's Request.
28-09-2010 (I AOR)
AOR Received.
09-02-2011 (II AOR)
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
IP on 03-05-2012
Med's Request
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
14-09-2013
Passport Req..
Sent on 25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2013
LANDED..........
Calgary
lakhvinder.kaur said:
Congrats Anubhav !
Wish you a very happy married life.
Yes collecting docs is not a easy task, it takes time. You must add your wife at this stage. Passport updation can be done parallely. Send all available documents like marriage certificate & marriage photographs to prove it genuine.

I think if you have experience certificate and salary certificate then it is fine. Plus get the current dated reference letter for the same.

Wish you all the best.
Thanks for ur wishes and prompt response Lakhvinder ji.......

I am also trying to get marriage cer asap so that i can apply for edit in passport.....my 120 dys deadline wud lapse on 28jan...i m getting very tensed now bcz it's very tough to get docs frm govt offices...

Also, in my current org, they r not ready to give exp cer..although they agree to cnfrm my job duties on phone, if asked for but not giving certificate

lakhvinder.kaur

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2010
New Delhi India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Sept-2013
akapoor3 said:
Thanks for ur wishes and prompt response Lakhvinder ji.......

I am also trying to get marriage cer asap so that i can apply for edit in passport.....my 120 dys deadline wud lapse on 28jan...i m getting very tensed now bcz it's very tough to get docs frm govt offices...

Also, in my current org, they r not ready to give exp cer..although they agree to cnfrm my job duties on phone, if asked for but not giving certificate
Yes i agree it is a tough job in India to get docs from govt offices on time. Don't worry you have around 1 month's time in your hand. make your process fast.

If your current org is not providing you JD in writing then do write self explanatory letter with reason and job responsibilities you are handling.

Good Luck.

Kenesha

Nov 16, 2010
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
Doc's Request.
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
28-09-2010
Med's Request
25-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-09-2012
Passport Req..
16/02/14
VISA ISSUED...
03/04/14
LANDED..........
31/07/14
ranaishi said:
I got a letter with file reference number in mail.
Is it your 2nd AOR?

mask2005

Star Member
Oct 14, 2010
Hey guys,

I am a graduate student in canada and I was Research/Teaching Assistant for more than two years in canada.

What should I answer in SCHEDULE 3 question # 7 and 8?

7. Have you previously completed a program of full-time study of at least two years at a post-secondary institution in canada?
8. Have you previously worked full-time in canada?

Thank you

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Canada’s Jason Kenney on immigration priorities for 2011

Posted on December 21, 2010 by oe_admin

Jason Kenney, Canada’s minister of citizenship, immigration and multiculturalism, was interviewed recently by the online magazine Canadian Immigrant to discuss the federal government’s immigration and settlement policy priorities for 2011. Here are some highlights of the interview.

MINISTER KENNEY ON HIS TOP PRIORITIES FOR 2011

CI: What are Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s top priorities for the new year?

JK: Our top priority is continuing to improve economic results for immigrants in Canada. That really is the focus of most of what we do. A second priority is to continue to improve the integrity of our immigration system, which includes a crackdown on human smuggling, fraudulent marriages and crooked consultants.

MINISTER KENNEY ON THE INVESTOR PROGRAM

CI: What is the rationale behind doubling the required investment for the immigrant investor program? Won’t this affect Canada’s competitiveness in relation to other countries’ immigrant investor programs?

JK: The main reason we doubled the required investment (to $800,000) and asset level (to $1,600,000) was because Canada was massively underselling itself compared to its competitors in this immigration product. The United States and Australia both essentially have million-dollar price points. The United Kingdom has a price point of a million pound sterling. We were offering people the lowest price point at $400,000 for the best advantage, which is immediate permanent residency in Canada, which is also a track to the easiest citizenship process in the developed world … Many people in China, in Hong Kong and India have said to me that the price point is still too low.

They’ve said that it’s so easy for modestly wealthy people in Asia and the Middle East to qualify for the program and that we won’t see any reduction in demand for the Canadian program. It may reduce, very marginally, the demand, but the demand is still excessive in terms of our ability to process applications.

MINISTER KENNEY ON THE ECONOMIC PROGRESS OF NEWCOMERS

JK: I can tell you that we recently released a new study that assesses the economic progress of immigrants selected under the current points grid that was adopted in 2002 … It indicates that there has been a huge improvement of employment and income for skilled workers.

The new study indicates that within three years newly selected federal skilled workers are generating, on average, $80,000 in household income, which is very strong. We also have launched consultations on further changes to the points grid for the skilled worker program, which we hope will further improve economic outcomes for newcomers.

Also, since 2006, our government tripled the federal investment in settlement and integration services to help people improve their language proficiency and their job search skills. All of the data indicates that the number one barrier to employment for foreign-trained professionals is language proficiency and that’s why we put such a heavy emphasis on it. We are trying to find more and better ways to get newcomers, who need to upgrade their language skills, to enrol in free [language] programs.

MINISTER KENNEY ON FOREIGN CREDENTIAL RECOGNITION

CI: Are there any new developments with regards to foreign credential recognition?

JK: We have been doing a lot of work with the provinces and the more than 400 professional licensing bodies to streamline and simplify the process of credential recognition for foreign-trained professionals. A year ago, we launched the Canadian Framework for Foreign Credential Recognition, which was based on an agreement between the 10 premiers and Prime Minister Harper.

We have identified, in the first year, nine professional categories where we aim to hammer out a streamlined faster simplified process [for credential recognition]. We’ve put in $50 million into funding that hard technical work between the provincial licensing bodies. We are making huge progress on it and we will meet our objective of giving applicants an answer within a year of their application for those nine professional categories … So progress is being made.

I know it will never be satisfactory for a foreign-trained professional who shows up and hopes to be working as a licensed practitioner immediately. That’s not realistic. It does take time. We can’t guarantee people that their foreign credentials will be recognized in Canada. But we should guarantee them a reasonably simple and efficient process and that’s where we are making progress with the provinces.

lakhvinder.kaur

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2010
New Delhi India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Sept-2013
Alex111 said:
update: My full package has arrived to the visa office on December 22nd.

Good luck to everybody :)
Congrats Alex !
wish you all the best for next steps.
Information updated.

lakhvinder.kaur

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2010
New Delhi India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Sept-2013
mask2005 said:
Hey guys,

I am a graduate student in canada and I was Research/Teaching Assistant for more than two years in canada.

What should I answer in SCHEDULE 3 question # 7 and 8?

7. Have you previously completed a program of full-time study of at least two years at a post-secondary institution in canada?
8. Have you previously worked full-time in canada?

Thank you
You should answer ‘yes’ for both, I think if you are honest with your answers it will go in favor of your app.