+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JUNE 2022 SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Annie503

May 2, 2023
I submitted the outland spousal sponsorship in June of 2022. Got the AOR in September of 2022. Since then the I have heard nothing. No updates on the file. I live in Canada and my spouse lives in Gambia. He is a Nigerian so I guess the file is in the Accra Ghana office.

Can someone please share a similar timeline with me just to uplift my spirit?

Divinite

Star Member
Apr 29, 2023
I suggest finding the MP that works for your area in canada. One of their assistants will help you & regularly contact the Office your application is being processed in. We have done that as well, and we get an update every 6 weeks regarding the status on our application. It gives us peace of mind because at one point in our application the office requested a police certificate and we had no idea! our lawyer never got the request so it was missing for months until the mp's assistant reached out to them.

Annie503

May 2, 2023
So First I need to go find that MP. I wonder who is the MP for my area hmmm... I will check it out and get on top of this matter.

linaqc

Feb 9, 2023
So First I need to go find that MP. I wonder who is the MP for my area hmmm... I will check it out and get on top of this matter.
I've tried contacting the MP in my area and they cannot help you until your application has passed the average processing time. My application hasn't received any updates since December, and when I contacted the MP that's what they told me.

Reactions: canuck78

Migueltravellover

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
I second the last comment, the people that I know who reached out to their MP are the ones who’s applications were significantly past the IRCC processing times. Until you’re past the official IRCC provided processing times for your application, there’s not much the MP can do from what I know…. But maybe you can try calling IRCC at +1 (888) 242-2100,,,,,2,1,2,0 Hope that can help. Good luck!

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Agree that an MP can’t and won’t get involved in all applications. They only get involved when there is a problem and usually when the processing times are much longer than average. Most applications move slowly but are processed in the average posted time. There will be periods of time where you will not hear anything for months but that is normal. All you can do is be patient. That is especially the case during the background portion of applications.