AOR: Oct 14, 2022
Biometrics: Upfront
Sponsor approval: Oct 14, 2022
Medical Request: Oct 14, 2022
Medical Pass: Oct 23, 2022
Eligibility status: Completed- March 17, 2023
Background: Completed- March 17, 2023
Pre-Arrival: March 18, 2023
OMG, we both have almost similar timelines. My background appears still as in progress since Feb 21, 2023, and received Pre-arrival Feb 16, 2023

melzjose

Feb 9, 2023
No, I haven't received it yet. I received pre-arrival on Feb 16,2022 and that's it
I beleiev
OMG, we both have almost similar timelines. My background appears still as in progress since Feb 21, 2023, and received Pre-arrival Feb 16, 2023
That is good to know. But I don't know why it is being delayed in Background verification. This usually happens in 1 day.

Jovirush

Star Member
Aug 26, 2022
I wish I knew the answer , it's really frustrating
Sorry to interrupt you guys but that wasn't as frustrating as you thought, but background checks are the most difficult of all, requiring a few additional agencies to collaborate with IRCC to achieve a decent result, and it varies by case, with some instances being easy to manage and others being too complicated to handle!

So don't worry _melzjose, you're still on track, and you'll receive some fantastic results soon :)

Nicolas Balle

Jun 10, 2022
Has anyone NOT received the pre arrival letter yet ? Or haven't had any changes in background/eligibility ? Because I haven't, no updates since September 13th 2022 when I got biometrics completed.

Just curious to know. My application was sent on June 20th 2022, initially being processed at Sydney Nova Scotia VO and then forwarded to Ottawa. (learned this last week by calling IRCC, never received a letter).

Mareen

Star Member
Oct 15, 2022
Has anyone NOT received the pre arrival letter yet ? Or haven't had any changes in background/eligibility ? Because I haven't, no updates since September 13th 2022 when I got biometrics completed.

Just curious to know. My application was sent on June 20th 2022, initially being processed at Sydney Nova Scotia VO and then forwarded to Ottawa. (learned this last week by calling IRCC, never received a letter).
My Outland application was send June 17,2022 received pre-arrival letter Feb 16,2023 background in progress over a month.

Nicolas Balle

Jun 10, 2022
My Outland application was send June 17,2022 received pre-arrival letter Feb 16,2023 background in progress over a month.
Well, at least you received pre arrival letter ! IRCC said my background is in progress but hasn't been updated in the PR Tracker or GCkey. Good luck Mareen!

Jovirush

Star Member
Aug 26, 2022
You're lucky that your case is going so well thus far. You'll be done with everything in a few weeks. Amen!

Hence, in order to attain the best result for you, let yourself be free of this waiting mess for a few more weeks .:)

Reactions: Mareen

Jovirush

Star Member
Aug 26, 2022
Well, at least you received pre arrival letter ! IRCC said my background is in progress but hasn't been updated in the PR Tracker or GCkey. Good luck Mareen!
Once completed, it will be posted on both GC Key and PR Tracker without delay. If you're a June competitor, I hope you get some nice results soon.

Mareen

Star Member
Oct 15, 2022
You're lucky that your case is going so well thus far. You'll be done with everything in a few weeks. Amen!

Hence, in order to attain the best result for you, let yourself be free of this waiting mess for a few more weeks .:)
That is such a sweet message. Thank you so much :)

• Love
Reactions: Jovirush

Jovirush

Star Member
Aug 26, 2022
That is such a sweet message. Thank you so much :)
Feeling gratitude :'>)
though, pleasure is all yours :)

You know I stopped cursing for the time I had spent waiting every day to check my tracker, and one day I saw that my application had been closed for some reason, and it was the worst day of my life. So things happen all of a sudden when you're in the process; sometimes they bring you joy, and sometimes they shower grief.

But, as far as I can tell, everyone, with the exception of a handful who have been waiting since 2021 or the beginning of 2022, is proceeding at the pace set by IRCC. Certain cases received pre-arrivals, sponsor eligibility was validated in the second stage, PPR request without COPR#, all such cases would be approved as permanent residents of Canada soon as per their assigned period based on the origin of the partners.

So, best wishes, and please keep us updated on your progress so we can feel a little more at peace that one day we will be as fortunate as you :cool: