+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2022 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Jovirush

Star Member
Aug 26, 2022
Sponsor Approval received - 15th September 2022
Congrats ... your application processing is getting faster after a few days of gap and ghost updates :)
Can you plz tell me .. Did you get SA through IRCC email or was it updated on the portal?

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
yes, it is much possible since I came to know in the last month that there are different ways IRCC treat and responds to applicants. Those who submitted their case thru a consultant or lawyer may have some different criteria for sure. Good to know that you received SA before the medical request. It surely adds a little confirmation that your case is not complex and now it will be easier for IRCC to make a decision on your case.

Your lawyer must be your representative ..so I think all emails from IRCC come directly to your lawyer and not to you.
Although, I haven't been notified by IRCC to which VO my case is forwarded after being submitted to the Mississauga office.

Hopefully, you'll get your medical request soon from IRCC or you might have received it by now. Good Luck!
Thank you Jovirush but actually my case has more complications and thats the only reason going through lawyer. Well hope what you say come true as i have seen huge delay in my own PR process which is straight forward no International exp all those hills and valleys with major gaps in career nothing like that.
Straight canadian exp and PG degree but took 1.5yrs to get approval. So i got used to that delay from my first experience.

Gemt2014

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
I am also waiting for SA/Med after AOR on 29 Aug. Did sponsor eligibility went to in process in between 24 Aug and 13 Sept on Sponsor PR portal? For me it went to in process on Sept 10.
  • Sep 13, 2022

Eligibility activity status updated

Eligibility

Eligibility status has been updated to Completed
  • Sep 12, 2022

We received the sponsor information you sent us.

• Sep 12, 2022

Eligibility activity status updated

Eligibility

Eligibility status has been updated to In progress

Jovirush

Star Member
Aug 26, 2022
Thank you Jovirush but actually my case has more complications and thats the only reason going through lawyer. Well hope what you say come true as i have seen huge delay in my own PR process which is straight forward no International exp all those hills and valleys with major gaps in career nothing like that.
Straight canadian exp and PG degree but took 1.5yrs to get approval. So i got used to that delay from my first experience.
I can undz, experience makes a person strong and firm to get through with all critical situations. You look so relaxed since you've gone through that phase before. As they say, the fruit of patience is always sweet. I hope whatever delay occurs in your current process brings up good news for you in the coming days.

In the past years, there was quite a big delay we have seen in all kinds of processes conducted by IRCC whether it's the citizenship process, PR, or any sort of visa process. but they are trying to improve their system from 2022. There will be taken only virtual interviews instead of physical interviews and that too when it's needed. Inland Medical will not be needed etc. but still, I don't think they will compromise on basic requirements.

So did you apply through express entry when you first land in Canada or you went there on a student visa?
Also, do u have any idea whether a good education is required for a spousal visa? I have a friend who just did primary and now recently he submitted his case for a spousal visa. His sponsor is a Canadian citizen but he has no such academic background.

Well but I hope it won't take 1.5 years now for your spousal case .. it will be done within 6-8 months as per new criteria from IRCC.

Gemt2014

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
MY SA letter has the below info and no specific Visa Office Information mentioned . Do I need to call IRCC to find my Visa Office Information

The Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) will be forwarded to a visa office for further
processing.
Visa Office Contact Information
Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding the
Application for Permanent Residence for your relative, you must email the visa office listed above
directly using the “IRCC Web Form”. This form is found in the “Enquiries” section of the specific visa
office’s link located on this page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
I can undz, experience makes a person strong and firm to get through with all critical situations. You look so relaxed since you've gone through that phase before. As they say, the fruit of patience is always sweet. I hope whatever delay occurs in your current process brings up good news for you in the coming days.

In the past years, there was quite a big delay we have seen in all kinds of processes conducted by IRCC whether it's the citizenship process, PR, or any sort of visa process. but they are trying to improve their system from 2022. There will be taken only virtual interviews instead of physical interviews and that too when it's needed. Inland Medical will not be needed etc. but still, I don't think they will compromise on basic requirements.

So did you apply through express entry when you first land in Canada or you went there on a student visa?
Also, do u have any idea whether a good education is required for a spousal visa? I have a friend who just did primary and now recently he submitted his case for a spousal visa. His sponsor is a Canadian citizen but he has no such academic background.

Well but I hope it won't take 1.5 years now for your spousal case .. it will be done within 6-8 months as per new criteria from IRCC.
Well i landed as student and got PGWP 1yr exp applied under CEC and applied BOWP and then extended BOWP again until i got my PR

Coming to education the only thing they need is source of income and support to the partner from the sponsor once they arrive canada.As long as the sponsor can show the required proofs its good.
Could be a business man, job holder or some part time jobs but he/she who is sponsoring shouldn't be indirectly or directly depending on government for financial help.

There is no minimum education requirement as long as i remember inorder to sponsor a family member.

Jovirush

Star Member
Aug 26, 2022
Well i landed as student and got PGWP 1yr exp applied under CEC and applied BOWP and then extended BOWP again until i got my PR

Coming to education the only thing they need is source of income and support to the partner from the sponsor once they arrive canada.As long as the sponsor can show the required proofs its good.
Could be a business man, job holder or some part time jobs but he/she who is sponsoring shouldn't be indirectly or directly depending on government for financial help.

There is no minimum education requirement as long as i remember inorder to sponsor a family member.
Buddy, you've gone through a long journey in order to get PR. Atleast you got some experience and learning out of it.
Thanks for your information regarding that education part. I think he got the sponsor approval that assures that his spouse is eligible to sponsor him. He shouldn't be worried for the rest unless they found something suspicious on his criminal check which is the least possible, I guess :)

I'll convey your msg to him bcoz he wanted to have some expert advice since he wasn't believing in me :)

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
Buddy, you've gone through a long journey in order to get PR. Atleast you got some experience and learning out of it.
Thanks for your information regarding that education part. I think he got the sponsor approval that assures that his spouse is eligible to sponsor him. He shouldn't be worried for the rest unless they found something suspicious on his criminal check which is the least possible, I guess :)

I'll convey your msg to him bcoz he wanted to have some expert advice since he wasn't believing in me :)
Well im no expert just seen some cases and though people who talked in this forum and no problem.

cwz

Star Member
Jul 27, 2022
Hi folks,
Got aor today by email.
Outland paper based
Application ....Jul 19, 2022
AOR ....Sep 16, 2022
Fingers crossed guys.
Good luck you all

Reactions: ptrivedi9898

cwz

Star Member
Jul 27, 2022
Hi guys,

Why cannt i Register for my permanent residence tracker account with UCI that i got yesterday came along with application no in AOR email?

hamjam

Aug 29, 2022
Hi guys,

Why cannt i Register for my permanent residence tracker account with UCI that i got yesterday came along with application no in AOR email?
It can take up to 2-3 working days for the information to get into their system. Also, the UCI in AOR1 is Sponsor's UCI since the sponsor receives that email. Make sure you are entering sponsor's details when creating the account using that UCI.

cwz

Star Member
Jul 27, 2022
It can take up to 2-3 working days for the information to get into their system. Also, the UCI in AOR1 is Sponsor's UCI since the sponsor receives that email. Make sure you are entering sponsor's details when creating the account using that UCI.
Alright, thanks for info!
Is there another UCI for applicant

Nicolas Balle

Jun 10, 2022
Hi guys! Online Application sent on June 20th / AOR Received on August 27th / Biometrics Request on September 13th / Done and received on September 14th.

Only thing is, can't help but notice that everyone received the medical request alongside the biometrics request! Well, I still haven't received the medical request! Its been a week...anyone ?