+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2021 Inland Spousal Sponsorship

Hanadeulset

Aug 3, 2021
Hi,

I didn't do anything. They just cancel it for you as it isn't needed once PR is approved. In my account it just said cancelled.

I received refunds on my credit card for:

21st Dec - 155 CAD
- Work Permit Fee
21st Dec - 100 CAD - Open Work Permit Holder Fee
21st Dec - 85 CAD - Biometrics Fee (This was due to the fact I paid for it twice as the system was unclear about whether I pay or not, so I thought better to double pay and ask for it back, rather than make a mistake)

Hope that helps.
Thank you so much for your response. Were you able to link the open work permit application in your GCKey? Did you receive an email from them that your application was refunded to your bank?

thestormtrooper

Oct 30, 2019
Thank you so much for your response. Were you able to link the open work permit application in your GCKey? Did you receive an email from them that your application was refunded to your bank?
Yes, I was able to link it in my account long before but it never ever said anything as they never looked at it or did anything with the application. So was never any need to link it.

No, I didn't do anything at all. The money just appeared back on my credit card a few weeks after I received my ECOPR.

Hanadeulset

Aug 3, 2021
Yes, I was able to link it in my account long before but it never ever said anything as they never looked at it or did anything with the application. So was never any need to link it.

No, I didn't do anything at all. The money just appeared back on my credit card a few weeks after I received my ECOPR.
oh i see. How many weeks was it?

samwellj

Nov 10, 2021
Hello everyone, I've posted earlier in the thread but just a question regarding a letter my partner received which isn't very clear to us. We applied for PR through the In-Canada class spousal sponsorship + an OWP for her (which we've heard nothing about since we applied).

Since her stay in Canada was initially 6 months and IRCC takes 51 years to do anything, we sent an application to extend her stay as a visitor in Canada before those 6 months were up. Again, we heard nothing back and followed up with several webforms and proof that it had been sent, but I think she had implied status regardless.

She has since completed her medical tests, and received a letter in early 2022 regarding the need to get police certificates from two countries (I think one of the last steps of the PR process?). We've done those, and although one of the countries mailed it to us and we have uploaded it to her account online, the one in her home country is just directly sent to the Canadian embassy and then to IRCC, so once again, we don't receive notification when they've finally received it.

She received this emailed letter recently and we're not sure if it is regarding the visitor visa extension, or possibly the OWP? Does anyone know?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your application to stay in Canada as a temporary resident has been approved. Your permit has been mailed to you at the address you gave us when you applied. If you have not received your document within six weeks from the date of this letter, contact us by completing this Web form.

Please note that this letter is a notification only. It is not valid for travel and is not a permit allowing you to stay in Canada.

Document to travel to Canada or re-enter

A study or work permit is not a travel document. To allow you to travel to or re-enter Canada by air only, we have issued you an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) when we issued your permit extension. Your eTA is linked to the passport that you used to apply for your permit renewal. You must travel with this same passport. If you get a new passport, you will need to get a new eTA.

Summary of documents issued

Permit - WP-EXT | Validity - two years from now

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know what Permit - WP-EXT means or refers to? It has an expiration date two years from now, but we were told that the OWP was for 6 months only? If it concerns the visitor visa extension, I don't think it would be extended for two years. It says WP so that seems like a work permit, but it refers to her stay as a temporary resident, so we're a bit confused.

If anyone knows what this letter refers to, we would really appreciate your help!

Diana1993

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hello everyone, I've posted earlier in the thread but just a question regarding a letter my partner received which isn't very clear to us. We applied for PR through the In-Canada class spousal sponsorship + an OWP for her (which we've heard nothing about since we applied).

Since her stay in Canada was initially 6 months and IRCC takes 51 years to do anything, we sent an application to extend her stay as a visitor in Canada before those 6 months were up. Again, we heard nothing back and followed up with several webforms and proof that it had been sent, but I think she had implied status regardless.

She has since completed her medical tests, and received a letter in early 2022 regarding the need to get police certificates from two countries (I think one of the last steps of the PR process?). We've done those, and although one of the countries mailed it to us and we have uploaded it to her account online, the one in her home country is just directly sent to the Canadian embassy and then to IRCC, so once again, we don't receive notification when they've finally received it.

She received this emailed letter recently and we're not sure if it is regarding the visitor visa extension, or possibly the OWP? Does anyone know?

Your application to stay in Canada as a temporary resident has been approved. Your permit has been mailed to you at the address you gave us when you applied. If you have not received your document within six weeks from the date of this letter, contact us by completing this Web form.

Please note that this letter is a notification only. It is not valid for travel and is not a permit allowing you to stay in Canada.

Document to travel to Canada or re-enter

A study or work permit is not a travel document. To allow you to travel to or re-enter Canada by air only, we have issued you an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) when we issued your permit extension. Your eTA is linked to the passport that you used to apply for your permit renewal. You must travel with this same passport. If you get a new passport, you will need to get a new eTA.

Summary of documents issued

Permit - WP-EXT | Validity - two years from now

Does anyone know what Permit - WP-EXT means or refers to? It has an expiration date two years from now, but we were told that the OWP was for 6 months only? If it concerns the visitor visa extension, I don't think it would be extended for two years. It says WP so that seems like a work permit, but it refers to her stay as a temporary resident, so we're a bit confused.

If anyone knows what this letter refers to, we would really appreciate your help!
It is her Work Permit that is valid for 2 years. She is allowed to stay in Canada for this period of time. Also it seems that she is from an visa exempt country, so they issued her an Electronic Travel Authorization so she could travel.

gullu nath

Mar 31, 2022
My PR Card arrived in the post yesterday, no signature was required. My address was approved a few weeks ago in the PR Portal, my photo still says in review.

I can now complete my timeline.

PR Card Received - 23rd February 2021.

Thanks
Hi the stormtrooper can you please tell me one thing did cpc-m transferred your file to Etobicoke office for further assessment after your sponsor approval ?

thestormtrooper

Oct 30, 2019
Hi the stormtrooper can you please tell me one thing did cpc-m transferred your file to Etobicoke office for further assessment after your sponsor approval ?
I don't believe so, I didn't receive any notifications about further assessment as far as I'm aware. I'm not sure how I'd know the answer to this for sure though?