+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2021 Inland Spousal Sponsorship

Hanadeulset

Aug 3, 2021
Thought I'd update this again, maybe it helps someone. Inland Common Law Sponsorship.

Submitted - June 9th 2021
AOR received - November 6th 2021 / Managed to link to my account on November 6th as well.
Biometrics request - November 8th 2021
Biometrics completed - November 9th 2021
Medical Request - November 9th 2021
Medical Completed - November 10th 2021
Medical Passed - November 21st 2021
Invitation to Pre-arrival services - December 3rd 2021
Inland APR Eligibility Decision - approved - December 3rd 2021
IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal Invitation - December 4th 2021
PR Portal (PR confirmation) - New Credentials for the PR Portal (password to login) - December 5th 2021

I uploaded my address and photo the same day, I had to set my photo dimensions to exactly the same as their maximum dimensions to not get an error.
eCoPR Available for Download - December 6th 2021

OWP - Application cancelled December 14th -
This will have been due to the fact they ignored the application in order to complete the residency/sponsorship application instead. The inclusion of the OPW application seems pointless if they prioritise the Sponsorship Application. So if like me you read that you may receive a OPW within 90 days or so of applying, this seems not to be the case and you just need to wait for the actual PR card.

Today - December 15th 2021 - Still waiting on my PR card to arrive. Hoping it arrives soon so I can go and visit family (pandemic permitting) for the first time in over two years.
hi! Are you able to apply for work with the ECOPR while your waiting for your card?

thestormtrooper

Oct 30, 2019
I got the CoPR on December 8th address and photo sections still under review but I search the forum that these are always on review in most cases even after they receive their card. I also link my pr card few days ago to cic website as well to see if I can get updates such as pr card mailed.

Also on February 4th now they introduced new pr tracker for family sponsorship which is similar to citizenship application status tracker. I registered there with my UCI and the password I created and it shows application closed because we got the ECOPR. However, I've seen a different home address there than mine that freaked me out. I sent a webform to request correction because i don't know where is that address coming from.

Also I realized that 2 weeks ago processing times for initial pr cards moved from 58 days to 87 days. There must be something happened and they added an additional 1 month 3 months processing time for the initial pr card is insane.

Edit:2 days after I linked PR card application I've seen un update on my cic saying that "we mailed your pr card to you it may take up to 6 weeks."
Can you believe that!!!
Hi,

I linked my PR Card application to my main IRCC account in early December. It still says it's being processed or in review or something like that.

Was it in your main IRCC account that you saw your card has been posted?

My ECOPR came in a few days before yours so hoping mine also says posted soon.

The PR Portal says that my address has been approved, but the photo is still under review. Hopefully because the address has been approved it means they can actually post the card finally.

The new PR Tracker. I can log into it with my partners details (Sponsor) but when I (Principal Applicant) try to login it says the details are incorrect. My details are definitely 100% correct, I've even tried multiple variations of wrong details nothing works.

Unfortunately logging in as the Sponsor shows very little other than she was approved as my sponsor.

It's ridiculous that we've now got three different places to login to try and find some information and none of them are actually useful.

The increase in processing times I'm fairly sure will have been due to them being closed at Christmas and New Year, while more mounted up.

I've been in Canada now for almost 2.5 years and unable to work, or do any normal things, like drive etc.

I'd happily have processed PR cards for 2.5 years on minimum wage if they'd asked me. I'm sure many others would do the same.

If I could give the whole process a Google Review... I'd give it 1/5 based on the fact I once spoke to a very helpful person on the phone who deserves to earn at least one star for them.

Anyway... Hopefully I receive my card soon.

Rant over.

muratti

Feb 5, 2022
Hi,

I linked my PR Card application to my main IRCC account in early December. It still says it's being processed or in review or something like that.

Was it in your main IRCC account that you saw your card has been posted?

My ECOPR came in a few days before yours so hoping mine also says posted soon.

The PR Portal says that my address has been approved, but the photo is still under review. Hopefully because the address has been approved it means they can actually post the card finally.

The new PR Tracker. I can log into it with my partners details (Sponsor) but when I (Principal Applicant) try to login it says the details are incorrect. My details are definitely 100% correct, I've even tried multiple variations of wrong details nothing works.

Unfortunately logging in as the Sponsor shows very little other than she was approved as my sponsor.

It's ridiculous that we've now got three different places to login to try and find some information and none of them are actually useful.

The increase in processing times I'm fairly sure will have been due to them being closed at Christmas and New Year, while more mounted up.

I've been in Canada now for almost 2.5 years and unable to work, or do any normal things, like drive etc.

I'd happily have processed PR cards for 2.5 years on minimum wage if they'd asked me. I'm sure many others would do the same.

If I could give the whole process a Google Review... I'd give it 1/5 based on the fact I once spoke to a very helpful person on the phone who deserves to earn at least one star for them.

Anyway... Hopefully I receive my card soon.

Rant over.
Yes it was the main ircc account 2 days after I linked my pr card application I got the message saying that "approved your pr card mailed to you it may take up to 6 weeks." When I see that message I got crazy because I felt like they didn't do anything all 2 months about it. This whole think shouldn't even be necessary because when we declare address and photo the pr card suppose to come. I really don't understand what's going on.

By the way my address and photo still under review on PR Portal.

I think we got the ECOPR at a worse time right before Christmas that's why things got messed up.

I totally agree about all things you point out. They should bring some performance review to IRCC. It's a typical 3rd world government job that you don't need to do anything and probably no one recognize a hard worker and a person with strong work ethic.

pskamboj97

Sep 30, 2018
Hello everyone, my apologies if this has been written about before but I can't find much information on the topic. I just got off the phone with IRCC after such a struggle getting through to them, and it wasn't very helpful, so I'm hoping people here have more details.

I am a Canadian citizen, sponsoring my partner through the Common law In-Canada class PR application. She is a Mexican citizen, so has 6 months in Canada as a visitor. We applied for the PR back in June 2021 through a mailed copy (not online), and included a completed Open Work Permit application as well. We know that the PR process takes a really long time, but the Open Work Permit was said to take several months only, not 1+ year like the PR. We applied through the paper copy rather than online because this is what the IRCC website told us we had to do for our particular case, that this type of application was not available online.

We received an Acknowledgement of Receipt email at the end of July, stating that the application had been received on June 17, 2021.

Since we entered Canada in May, her 6 months are running out now in November, so we also completed and sent a Visitor Visa extension application early last month in October. We have not received any Acknowledgement of Receipt for that, although the tracking we got on the package says it was delivered.

We are regularly checking processing status on the website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html, but were unsure whether to be checking "Work Permit" (for the Open Work Permit portion) or "Family Sponsorship" (for the overall PR app). This makes a big difference, since the work permit one is currently in June 2021, and the family sponsorship one is still in May 2020. Since all documents were sent together (this was explicitly written in the instructions when applying - to send the OPW together in the same application), we hope that the OPW will not only be processed once the entire PR application is processed, otherwise we'll be waiting an extremely long time. The whole point of the OPW is to be able to get it relatively quickly (at least in comparison with the incredibly long PR processing times) so that the individual can work and sustain themselves, while they wait for the larger application to be processed.

I just called IRCC and the man didn't seem to know specifically which processing status would apply to us - but rather said that my partner will only get OWP eligibility once we get "Approved in Principle", the first step towards getting the PR. I asked him what the timeline was for that and he didn't answer, but after looking it up online, it seems to me that Approved in Principle essentially is towards the end of the entire process - it says that IRCC looked at the entire application and said the applicant meets eligibility, but that certain parts of the process still need to be actioned.

If this is indeed the case, then what is the point of the OWP? If we have to wait for Approved in Principle with the bigger PR application, won't that mean we're waiting for the entire process to be almost done? Moreover, does the waiting period of 4 months for OPW that I see everywhere not apply to us?

Any answers/personal experiences or information you can share would be GREATLY appreciated. We are just so frustrated with the lack of clarity and realistic expectations and communication throughout this whole process, and hope we can get some clear answers soon. As I said, we don't mind waiting a long time for the PR, but the whole allure of the OPW was that it would be quicker and allow you to work and take care of yourself while you had that super long wait for PR. I feel like I'm missing something here, and I hope some of you can help!

Thank you so much! If you want any more info, let me know, and my apologies for writing so much.

I think this is what needs to be brought in front of the eyes of Canadians through media and what you typed I'll suggest send it through the Contact the Prime Minister of Canada form and they will direct your inquiry to the immigration department or at least include that there should be a review done for this process as it is not fair at all. I mean the whole purpose of the OWP is to have the spouse work until decision is made.

muratti

Feb 5, 2022
I got the PR card in the mail today as of February 14th. The address and photo still under review on PR portal.
ECOPR received in December 8th.
I hope you guys get it soon as well. We had so much pain and we suffered a lot on the way. Our initial application in Dec 2020 returned in May 2021 due to missing signature and we applied again in June 2021.

corvus777

Star Member
Oct 18, 2021
Category........
FAM
I got the PR card in the mail today as of February 14th. The address and photo still under review on PR portal.
I hope you guys get it soon as well. We had so much pain and we suffered a lot on the way. Our initial application in Dec 2020 returned in May 2021 due to missing signature and we applied again in June 2021.
congrats

Reactions: muratti

thestormtrooper

Oct 30, 2019
Congratulations!

How long after you saw your message in the portal saying your card had been posted was it until you received it?

My ECOPR was December 6th, address approved in PR Portal a few weeks ago. Photo not showing as approved, and no card posted message in the main portal either. The wait goes on...

muratti

Feb 5, 2022
Congratulations!

How long after you saw your message in the portal saying your card had been posted was it until you received it?

My ECOPR was December 6th, address approved in PR Portal a few weeks ago. Photo not showing as approved, and no card posted message in the main portal either. The wait goes on...
I got the message saying that your card has been mailed to you on Tuesday and received the card on Monday I live in Vancouver. It took 5 business days.

Reactions: thestormtrooper

thestormtrooper

Oct 30, 2019
Thought I'd update this again, maybe it helps someone. Inland Common Law Sponsorship.

AOR received - November 6th 2021 / Managed to link to my account on November 6th as well.
PR Portal (PR confirmation) - New Credentials for the PR Portal (password to login) - December 5th 2021

I uploaded my address and photo the same day, I had to set my photo dimensions to exactly the same as their maximum dimensions to not get an error.

This will have been due to the fact they ignored the application in order to complete the residency/sponsorship application instead. The inclusion of the OPW application seems pointless if they prioritise the Sponsorship Application. So if like me you read that you may receive a OPW within 90 days or so of applying, this seems not to be the case and you just need to wait for the actual PR card.

Today - December 15th 2021 - Still waiting on my PR card to arrive. Hoping it arrives soon so I can go and visit family (pandemic permitting) for the first time in over two years.
My account updated today and it says PR Card has been posted. Says it can take up to 6 weeks but I imagine I'll receive it next week. The 6 weeks thing is probably just to cover them for Canada Post delays.

I'll update when I receive my card to complete my timeline. Almost 2.5 years in Canada, and soon I can make a trip home. Finally!

Last edited:
Reactions: muratti

thestormtrooper

Oct 30, 2019

My PR Card arrived in the post yesterday, no signature was required. My address was approved a few weeks ago in the PR Portal, my photo still says in review.

I can now complete my timeline.

PR Card Received - 23rd February 2021.

Thanks

Hanadeulset

Aug 3, 2021
My PR Card arrived in the post yesterday, no signature was required. My address was approved a few weeks ago in the PR Portal, my photo still says in review.

Thanks
hello! How did you cancel your OWP application? Did you already get your refund? I tried to get mine refunded throgh the webform but i havent received any updates yet.

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Thanks
Congrats! After receiving your signed eCOPR is there any next action needed to get/track for the PR card?

Do we only need to sign the eCOPR and keep it for our record & no need to upload it anywhere?

My spouse status only showing photo in review.

thestormtrooper

Oct 30, 2019
hello! How did you cancel your OWP application? Did you already get your refund? I tried to get mine refunded throgh the webform but i havent received any updates yet.
Hi,

I didn't do anything. They just cancel it for you as it isn't needed once PR is approved. In my account it just said cancelled.

I received refunds on my credit card for:

21st Dec - 155 CAD
- Work Permit Fee
21st Dec - 100 CAD - Open Work Permit Holder Fee
21st Dec - 85 CAD - Biometrics Fee (This was due to the fact I paid for it twice as the system was unclear about whether I pay or not, so I thought better to double pay and ask for it back, rather than make a mistake)

Hope that helps.

thestormtrooper

Oct 30, 2019
Congrats! After receiving your signed eCOPR is there any next action needed to get/track for the PR card?

Do we only need to sign the eCOPR and keep it for our record & no need to upload it anywhere?

My spouse status only showing photo in review.
Hi,

All I did was stick it on my fridge with a magnet. Then I logged into my main IRCC account and added my PR Card as a new application. This allowed me to see there were no update for 2.5 months, then it suddenly said it had been posted.

The other thing I registered and completed was uploading my photo and address in the PR Portal.

You should keep a copy of your eCOPR, and also the pdf. I believe if you apply to become a citizen you'll need it.

So to answer the question, nope. Nothing I did with it other than keep it safe. Register your PR Card application in your main IRCC account. This took me a few attempts, wouldn't recognise my number or place of birth or something, but finally one of the options worked for it to show in my account.

Hope that helps.