+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2021 Inland Spousal Sponsorship

Hana492

Aug 31, 2021
Hello,
My app ( PR+ OWP ) was received on 23rd June, but no AOR yet. What can we do?
Same .. no reply at all yet
Tried to call many times but never been able to connect to an agent and I've sent them multiple inquiries on the forum, no reply there either.

Joyh

Dec 5, 2019
I think June people are only getting Pre AOR which means nothing at all. The latest people getting real AOR are in March .

Luna Choi

Aug 11, 2020
Hello, my application submitted on17, June.
still not getting XEP..
And I applied OWP as well, it takes so long time so
can I apply the OWP in the online again??

Elwest2

Sep 17, 2021
Hi,

I posted my INLAND spousal sponsorship application on July 26th and it was received July 27th by IRCC but I haven’t heard anything since and no temporary AOR number has come through.
Has anyone had a similar time frame or an even longer wait and still received an AOR number. I’m worried my application is being refused if I haven’t had the AOR by now.
I need to apply for an extension to my visitor visa by December 2nd but worried if I don’t have proof of PR application this will also be refused.
Thanks in advance to any responses.

Yaqoobsobia

Jul 30, 2021
Guys anyone with any update? We last received our temporary aor nothing after that.. any idea who is getting actual aor ? V r July applicants

vampirella

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
basing on the sheets, applicants ahead of us, like people who applied between January to April are just getting their AOR. Let's just relax and hope for the best

kming

Oct 13, 2021
Hi, I'm new to this forum but after reading through this thread I wanted to respond as it seems this fits in with my exact situation as well. My wife and I applied for an Inland Spousal Sponsorship and OWP at the same time at the end of February 2021, and we received an AOR only recently, in mid-September (so 7 months to get this far). Since then we can use the online tool to see that the PR is being processed but we still have not received her OWP or even any feedback pertaining to it. Also similar to some others in this thread, I've tried reaching out to the IRCC but was unable to get through to an agent and no responses to online enquiries (due to the Afghanistan situation there aren't any available IRCC agents to deal with general inquiries, only what they deem as a priority inquiry). I'm still digging to find more info for our situation, if I find out more I'll come back and post about it.

Reactions: Hana492

Yaqoobsobia

Jul 30, 2021
Whats your country of origin. Also if you don't mind me asking u guys keeping her in status.. like extension of her visit visa or u going with implied status? Also what has she been doing without owp. Will getting a job and securing an employer specific work permit be a better option?

kming

Oct 13, 2021
Whats your country of origin. Also if you don't mind me asking u guys keeping her in status.. like extension of her visit visa or u going with implied status? Also what has she been doing without owp. Will getting a job and securing an employer specific work permit be a better option?
We are originally from Bermuda. We were on a visitor visa but them had switched to implied status after 6 months. We had recently renewed her visitor status which will expire in March (but I'm REALLY hoping we have the OWP by then). She has been doing her best to occupy her time through the days while I'm working but as you can imagine, its far from ideal, tougher financially, and extremely isolating especially with Covid Regulations. An employer specific work permit would require a job offer, in addition to the employer's sponsorship, which we unfortunately have not been able to find as of yet.

Hana492

Aug 31, 2021
Our application was received on the 22nd June and we still haven't received a reply ..
We called IRCC today and finally could connect to someone. They said application was received and my husband was able to see it connected to his online account (his old PR application). We were told that our application was not started getting processed yet.

Ron13

Star Member
Dec 1, 2020
Hi Guys! As a soon-to-be inland sponsorship applicant, may I please know if any of your spouses had issues at the Canada border immigration post for purpose/intention of visit? My spouse has a valid TRV but one of the Immigration consultants has advised me that CBSA might deny her entry suspecting she won't leave Canada at the end of her stay and are asking extra fee (quite a lot) to prepare her for border interview.

I'm confused, is it wrong to let the immigration officer know that my spouse is coming to Canada to stay with me and we plan to apply under Inland Sponsorship category? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hana492

Aug 31, 2021
Hi Guys! As a soon-to-be inland sponsorship applicant, may I please know if any of your spouses had issues at the Canada border immigration post for purpose/intention of visit? My spouse has a valid TRV but one of the Immigration consultants has advised me that CBSA might deny her entry suspecting she won't leave Canada at the end of her stay and are asking extra fee (quite a lot) to prepare her for border interview.

I'm confused, is it wrong to let the immigration officer know that my spouse is coming to Canada to stay with me and we plan to apply under Inland Sponsorship category? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Hello, I entered with my husband in May as a visitor and we told them that we will apply for inland sponsorship and they didn't refuse my entry nor mention it could be an issue.
We also talked to IRCC and they said it is fine to leave Canada and come back while waiting for the application to be processed.

Reactions: Ron13