+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2020 - Citizenship Application

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Can you please share what you wrote on the additional information section on the complaint form. I am going to submit an official complaint. It’s 9 months now since I passed the citizenship test. Thank you.
Depend on your situation, I was very direct and rude in my complaint, I did not care anymore if they will delay my application furthermore. I told them, I am a pr under protected person and I can't use my home passport and as an engineer in oil and gas we have projects in kuwait and Abu dhabi, both countries do not allow people to enter their land with a RTD, in my case being a canadian citizen will allow me to apply for a passport and travel to one of the country for work . We did not have anymore project in Canada and if I couldn't make it to one of the country, I was about to lose my job. I have been working and paying my taxes during the entire pandemic and even my 8 yo and 5 yo kids are going to school so how come after so long they are still using covid as an excuse to delay people's application. Told them I paid $650×2 + $100 to receive this kind of service. I even sent them an urgent processing request with all the support letter and proof from my boss and I heard nothing, in my complaint I told them the least they can do is let me know if the urgent processing was accepted or not, being silent is a lake of respect toward their customer. Also told them if my complaint will be a reason for them to delay my application furthermore so be it. In one word I told them they need to get their shit together and do their work.

SaskCana

Sep 6, 2020
ANOTHER CLASSIC EXAMPLE OF “shit together” i tried to give test this evening which was updated on so called tracker on December 23rd and that states test window fron Jan 4 to Jan25! Guess what happened it says our record shows we haven’t invited you for the test. I’m gonna go for Writ of Mandamus on Monday I’m fed up now! It’s about 20 months no update nothing just wait and see it’s so fucking annoying . Saw on Facebook somebody posted with a picture Aor July 2021 and Oath on Jan 28. It certainly doesn’t make any sense

Reactions: dok

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
ANOTHER CLASSIC EXAMPLE OF “shit together” i tried to give test this evening which was updated on so called tracker on December 23rd and that states test window fron Jan 4 to Jan25! Guess what happened it says our record shows we haven’t invited you for the test. I’m gonna go for Writ of Mandamus on Monday I’m fed up now! It’s about 20 months no update nothing just wait and see it’s so fucking annoying . Saw on Facebook somebody posted with a picture Aor July 2021 and Oath on Jan 28. It certainly doesn’t make any sense
I guess people need to start being direct and rude in their complaint and stop being afraid, I did not care if they will delay my application furthermore. The day I sent my complaint I was pissed off and mad like hell, my boss told me if I couldn't make it to Kuwait or Abu dhabi they will have to let me go ( I don't have the privilege of IRCC officers, not working or doing a little still get your full salary and benefits). I went home and sent them the complaint, guess what one or two weeks after that I get the test invites and 5 weeks after my test status changed online here we are with decision made. I am positive the complaint did something to them.

dok

Apr 20, 2014
Depend on your situation, I was very direct and rude in my complaint, I did not care anymore if they will delay my application furthermore. I told them, I am a pr under protected person and I can't use my home passport and as an engineer in oil and gas we have projects in kuwait and Abu dhabi, both countries do not allow people to enter their land with a RTD, in my case being a canadian citizen will allow me to apply for a passport and travel to one of the country for work . We did not have anymore project in Canada and if I couldn't make it to one of the country, I was about to lose my job. I have been working and paying my taxes during the entire pandemic and even my 8 yo and 5 yo kids are going to school so how come after so long they are still using covid as an excuse to delay people's application. Told them I paid $650×2 + $100 to receive this kind of service. I even sent them an urgent processing request with all the support letter and proof from my boss and I heard nothing, in my complaint I told them the least they can do is let me know if the urgent processing was accepted or not, being silent is a lake of respect toward their customer. Also told them if my complaint will be a reason for them to delay my application furthermore so be it. In one word I told them they need to get their shit together and do their work.
Thank you for this. I need to cool down before sending. Mine might be worse. I have been waiting 9 months now after passing the test.

pancho1992

Oct 18, 2021
I guess people need to start being direct and rude in their complaint and stop being afraid, I did not care if they will delay my application furthermore. The day I sent my complaint I was pissed off and mad like hell, my boss told me if I couldn't make it to Kuwait or Abu dhabi they will have to let me go ( I don't have the privilege of IRCC officers, not working or doing a little still get your full salary and benefits). I went home and sent them the complaint, guess what one or two weeks after that I get the test invites and 5 weeks after my test status changed online here we are with decision made. I am positive the complaint did something to them.
That’s a terrible strategy.. being rude will not get you anywhere.. more reason to delay your application

pancho1992

Oct 18, 2021
Hello,

anyone else waiting on their citizenship test? I applied on June 18th 2020 and haven’t received a test invitation. No updates to my file in almost a year.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
That’s a terrible strategy.. being rude will not get you anywhere.. more reason to delay your application
Looks like it paid off got the test invites a week or two after the complaint and DM 5 weeks after my test just waiting for the oath date now, before that nothing was moving. Like I said I did not care what the consequences will be and I even told them in my complaint.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Send email as per the instructions given in the pdf invite. They will fix it in few days itself. Very rarely it happens for few.
I think that they would have asked to email the office(whichever office sent to invite). So email them as per note in the email.
if things are not solved in a week then call them and ask them to send a note and you should email again and submit webform(may be you can do these today itself to avoid any more delay).

pancho1992

Oct 18, 2021
Looks like it paid off got the test invites a week or two after the complaint and DM 5 weeks after my test just waiting for the oath date now, before that nothing was moving. Like I said I did not care what the consequences will be and I even told them in my complaint.
correlation is not causation.. in any case, good that you got your DM, but i would be cautious with recommending this approach to other applicants.. they can make your life way more complicated than it has to be. You can be firm without being rude.

• Sad
Reactions: tgman

ms453

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
Hello Everyone,

My status just got updated on Jan 7. Please update the spreadsheet. Just waiting for Oath now

Your citizenship application status
Updated:January 7, 2022
Your citizenship application status: In progress
While we're working on your application

What you can do while you wait:

Details of your application status
Find out what your status means

• Language skills
    Completed
  • Physical presence
    Completed
  • Citizenship test
    Completed
  • Background verification
    Completed
  • Prohibitions
    Completed
  • Citizenship ceremony
    Not started
Application history
3 new update(s)

• Jan 6, 2022

Language skills activity status updated
    New update
    Language skills

Language skills status has been updated to Completed
  • Jan 6, 2022

Physical presence activity status updated
    New update
    Physical presence

Physical presence status has been updated to Completed
  • Jan 6, 2022

Prohibitions activity status updated
    New update
    Prohibitions

Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed
  • Sep 16, 2021

Citizenship test activity status updated

Citizenship test

Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed
  • Sep 10, 2021

Scheduled for citizenship test

Citizenship test

You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between September 10, 2021 and September 30, 2021. Information and instructions will be sent to you.

Reactions: Radium

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
Hello Everyone,

My status just got updated on Jan 7. Please update the spreadsheet. Just waiting for Oath now

Your citizenship application status
Updated:January 7, 2022
Your citizenship application status: In progress
While we're working on your application

What you can do while you wait:

Details of your application status
Find out what your status means

• Language skills
    Completed
  • Physical presence
    Completed
  • Citizenship test
    Completed
  • Background verification
    Completed
  • Prohibitions
    Completed
  • Citizenship ceremony
    Not started
Application history
3 new update(s)

• Jan 6, 2022

Language skills activity status updated
    New update
    Language skills

Language skills status has been updated to Completed
  • Jan 6, 2022

Physical presence activity status updated
    New update
    Physical presence

Physical presence status has been updated to Completed
  • Jan 6, 2022

Prohibitions activity status updated
    New update
    Prohibitions

Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed
  • Sep 16, 2021

Citizenship test activity status updated

Citizenship test

Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed
  • Sep 10, 2021

Scheduled for citizenship test

Citizenship test

You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between September 10, 2021 and September 30, 2021. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
updated

Jack2406

Star Member
May 16, 2017
Maybe try to send an official complain? My application wasn't moving at all one or two weeks after I sent an official complain I got a test invites and one and half month after the test I got decision made. I checked the tracker looks like I am the first edmonton applicant to get DM for June group. Yeah try to send a complain if you didn't do that yet.
May I know process to register official complain?

farzad1983

Star Member
Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2016
Doc's Request.
14-04-2016/17-05-2016
AOR Received.
03-04-2016
Med's Done....
07-04-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hello,

anyone else waiting on their citizenship test? I applied on June 18th 2020 and haven’t received a test invitation. No updates to my file in almost a year.
I am.

mk.2382

May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App Rchd: 02-JUL-2014
AOR Received.
PER: 28-OCT-2014
File Transfer...
Processing started: 28-JAN-2014
Med's Request
10-FEB-2015
Med's Done....
05-MAR-2015
Passport Req..
DM 25-JUL-2015, PPR 29-JUL-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-AUG-2015
LANDED..........
Hopefully in 2015 only
My citizenship tracker was last updated on Jan 6th 2022 and says my oath is due on Jan 31st 2022. In the same update they are saying a notice has been sent to you mentioning instructions for oath day.

How will that notice arrive? Email or Postal mail?

And by when can I expect that communication?

I checked my email inbox and mail box and for the last 6 days no new communication has come my way from IRCC regarding oath.

Jan 31st is just 20 days away. I don't know what documents i need to keep ready for oath and what all i need to prepare.

Please advise/help.

I'm almost there.

Reactions: Kornet

Val-Kon

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
Hello,

It is interesting, I have just checked out the timelines of people who applied in December 2020 and many people indicated that they have been invited to take the citizenship oath already.

• Wow
Reactions: mrbreizh