+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2020 - Citizenship Application

lovecanada001

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
Hi Everyone,
I am a Vancouver applicant. I applied for my application in June 2020. on December 07th, I got an update and all the sections (language, background, physical, prohibitions and citizenship test) got completed except the citizenship ceremony. Is anybody know the next step?

Reactions: gstj210

salmaniut

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2016
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Inland
Hi all,
At last, got DM on ecas and all were completed except the ceremony on the tracker. Almost after 5 months after the test got DM, now who knows how long to wait to get Oath invitation. June 2020 applicant.

Can you update in the tracker?

Reactions: im2kool

maniacworld

Apr 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No DM for me. Physical presence, language, and prohibitions are not yet completed either despite having no complications in my case.
I see. if you think there were no complications then your file might just be ignored for no reason.lol
I had my test before you (august). so based on that I am of the opinion that it may not matter now. my presence, language and prohibitions all were completed in one instant one fine day. I am pretty sure there was nothing stopping them from doing that earlier. Did it help my case in any way even after completed status on all? no.

Reactions: Klamm

malikn

Dec 15, 2007
WINNIPEG
Visa Office......
MANITOBA
NOC Code......
INVESTOR
App. Filed.......
JANUARY 2016
Doc's Request.
SUBMITTED January 2016
Nomination.....
4-2016
AOR Received.
23-08-2016
Med's Request
21-09-2016
Med's Done....
04-10-2016
Interview........
never
Passport Req..
19-1-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-1-2017
LANDED..........
May 2017 Inshallah
my also showing everything completed but still waiting for oath invitation I am june 2020 applicant and test done on 26 September and ecas showing DM but still waiting oath letter anyone knows how much approximately time after DM

Klamm

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
I see. if you think there were no complications then your file might just be ignored for no reason.lol
I had my test before you (august). so based on that I am of the opinion that it may not matter now. my presence, language and prohibitions all were completed in one instant one fine day. I am pretty sure there was nothing stopping them from doing that earlier. Did it help my case in any way even after completed status on all? no.
This is interesting because as I read this reply, I checked old ecas again and there! DECISION MADE! I checked the new tracker, and all except oath completed. They seem to have been updated yesterday, but I did not receive a notification email!

Reactions: maniacworld

Soorik

Nov 23, 2020
Hi All,

Please provide your views....hoping to get some perspective. Mine is a family application. My wife's application has all status set to completed except citizenship ceremony which is set to not started.
My application got updated today with all status checks set to completed except citizenship ceremony which is set to not started. For me ecas says decision made whereas for my wife it is in process.

Typically how long will it take from here on out to get invitation for Oath ceremony? Would my wife's ecas also get updated or just mine as I made the family application?

Thanks in advance.

vikrant1603

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
hey everyone,

Mine would be one of the excepts amongst June 2020 applicants. my application was received in June 2020 and AOR was send in Oct 2020. but since then the application hasnt moved at all. i havent even received my test invite yet. I have raised gcms notes a couple of time but to no benefit. My file is with the scarborough office.
I am thinking of taking legal action, does anyone has any precedence in that regard? any inputs would be helpful.

pancho1992

Oct 18, 2021
I haven’t received my test either.. what legal action will you be taking? If you have the money, go ahead.. it’s likely going to take an eternity for a judge to rule on your case given the situation surrounding Covid..
FYI - There are 2019 applicants who still don’t have a test either..

aakif2013

Jul 20, 2013
hey everyone,

Mine would be one of the excepts amongst June 2020 applicants. my application was received in June 2020 and AOR was send in Oct 2020. but since then the application hasnt moved at all. i havent even received my test invite yet. I have raised gcms notes a couple of time but to no benefit. My file is with the scarborough office.
I am thinking of taking legal action, does anyone has any precedence in that regard? any inputs would be helpful.
I did not get the invite either, applied ATIP few weeks ago. waiting for it. I will give two more months. What about withdraw the application siting that unfair treatment of application. Reapply online.

gstj210

Aug 23, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi Everyone,
I am a Vancouver applicant. I applied for my application in June 2020. on December 07th, I got an update and all the sections (language, background, physical, prohibitions and citizenship test) got completed except the citizenship ceremony. Is anybody know the next step?
Hi there. You should see the citizenship process change within the next few weeks (if there are no delays). Mine changed in mid November then a week later moved the citizenship process moves to "In Process" and an oath email was sent about 3 days later.

chetan93

Aug 20, 2016
Hey everyone,
I am panicking a bit. Hopefully someone can help me out.
I had applied for citizenship in June 2020.. received AOR on Oct 06, 2020. Since then there has been no movement. I checked my account status and its still showing in progress. I’ve been reading the thread and seems like most June applicants have received Test and Oath ceremony dates already. Not sure on what I should do. Please give suggestions.
Thanks

vikrant1603

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
I haven’t received my test either.. what legal action will you be taking? If you have the money, go ahead.. it’s likely going to take an eternity for a judge to rule on your case given the situation surrounding Covid..
FYI - There are 2019 applicants who still don’t have a test either..
I am sure there would be some remedy to this and people would have actioned something collectively in the past, as I feel it's worth a fight. Or the only option is to withdraw and resubmit with a different address which may fall under an office with faster processing

vikrant1603

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
I did not get the invite either, applied ATIP few weeks ago. waiting for it. I will give two more months. What about withdraw the application siting that unfair treatment of application. Reapply online.
That's the only other option we have, bit a risky one