+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2020 - Citizenship Application

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
@rajkamalmohanram I have another question for you about the time spent outside Canada limits at the time of the oath. I hope you don't think I am being annoying (!?) I very much appreciate your guardianship of this forum and unsurpassed knowledge of the citizenship process.....
I read this today and my interpretation of 'keeping your PR status https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=911&top=5
"To keep your permanent resident status, you must have been in Canada for at least 730 days during the last five years. These 730 days don’t need to be continuous. Some of your time abroad may count towards the 730 days. See what time abroad counts towards your permanent resident status."
I know you have already stated your view but could this be a different interpretation.
I am heading back in plenty of time either way but others might like to know what the definitive rule is.
I totally get you! Thank you so much for your response. At the end of this year I will have been outside Canada in and around 2 years. I intend to return in October but I am just wanting to clarify for anyone who might be unable to travel (health, covid, family etc) - PR is two of five.
Many many thanks for your help and kindness.

Jack2406

Star Member
May 16, 2017
Any June applicant that still has everything in progress? It makes no sense that some people that applied months after have written their tests and some have taken their oaths.
I am in same boat as you.. everything in progress. :(.. office: Mississauga...
What is your office?

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
Reactions: Melinoea

Suen

Jul 19, 2017
Does anyone have tips for the Citizenship test??
I have gone through the materials on canada.ca but wondering if there are anything else I could do to prepare.

Aug 5, 2021
Hello, does anyone have experience with legal name change? I plan on doing legal name change before applying for a new passport. I was wondering if I can start the process before officially receiving the Citizenship Certificate?

Reactions: visaforca

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
Hello, does anyone have experience with legal name change? I plan on doing legal name change before applying for a new passport. I was wondering if I can start the process before officially receiving the Citizenship Certificate?
You can legally change your name before applying for Citizenship… Your new name will become the main form of identification within Canada. That being said, a legal name change will trigger a FP request from IRCC when your application is in process.

Aug 5, 2021
You can legally change your name before applying for Citizenship… Your new name will become the main form of identification within Canada. That being said, a legal name change will trigger a FP request from IRCC when your application is in process.
I have already applied and waiting for the Oath ceremony. Would I be able to start my legal name change process?