+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2020 - Citizenship Application

Bcer

Star Member
Jul 6, 2021
I completed the exam on June 20th, and the tracker updated the exam from In progress to Completed today! Incase you are wondering after completing the exam why the tracker is not updating, it can take as long as 1.5 months ;)
You broke the record for the longest time. Generally, you will have to retest if you haven't updated it for such a long time.

Reactions: sachinarora

stteee

Dec 11, 2020
My status changed! My oath ceremony is scheduled on Dec 1st. (and it shows my prohibitions updated to completed on Aug 6th, one day later then the rest two)

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rebel87

Aug 3, 2021
My citizenship test status still shows In progress but looks like they removed that last update where they asked to complete the test on Aug 30th
This is soo confusing.

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
@rajkamalmohanram I have another question for you about the time spent outside Canada limits at the time of the oath. I hope you don't think I am being annoying (!?) I very much appreciate your guardianship of this forum and unsurpassed knowledge of the citizenship process.....
I read this today and my interpretation of 'keeping your PR status https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=911&top=5
"To keep your permanent resident status, you must have been in Canada for at least 730 days during the last five years. These 730 days don’t need to be continuous. Some of your time abroad may count towards the 730 days. See what time abroad counts towards your permanent resident status."
I know you have already stated your view but could this be a different interpretation.
I am heading back in plenty of time either way but others might like to know what the definitive rule is.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
@rajkamalmohanram I have another question for you about the time spent outside Canada limits at the time of the oath. I hope you don't think I am being annoying (!?) I very much appreciate your guardianship of this forum and unsurpassed knowledge of the citizenship process.....
I read this today and my interpretation of 'keeping your PR status https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=911&top=5
"To keep your permanent resident status, you must have been in Canada for at least 730 days during the last five years. These 730 days don’t need to be continuous. Some of your time abroad may count towards the 730 days. See what time abroad counts towards your permanent resident status."
I know you have already stated your view but could this be a different interpretation.
I am heading back in plenty of time either way but others might like to know what the definitive rule is.
Well, its really simple. You should continue to main ALL the requirements of Citizenship (including maintaining a valid PR status) up until you take the oath of Citizenship.

That is to say, your PR status must not be in question at the time you take oath.

For example, you were eligible for citizenship and you submitted your application. It has a few years since you submitted your application (say for instance, 3 years). You left Canada right after you submitted the application and never came back. Suddenly, one day, you are invited for oath. Now, since you've been out of Canada for a long time, you no longer meet the PR residency obligation of 2/5 years. You try to come back to Canada on your PR card and the CBSA reports you for failing to maintain your PR status and begins the process of revoking your PR status. In this scenario, you CANNOT take oath of citizenship because your PR status is in question at this time.

Here's what IRCC says :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/grant/adult.html

Requirements maintained until Oath

Subsection 22(6) of the Citizenship Act prohibits a person from taking the Oath of Citizenship if they never met or no longer meet the requirements of the Act. Applicants must then continue to meet all the requirements for the grant of citizenship until the taking of the Oath.
Citizenship officers may refuse an application for grant of citizenship after the application has already been approved if it has been determined that all of the requirements for the grant of citizenship have not been maintained at the time the Oath is to be taken. In these cases, the applicant will not be permitted to take the Oath.

visa_4all

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any June applicant that still has everything in progress? It makes no sense that some people that applied months after have written their tests and some have taken their oaths.
@Dr Nonsky Is your BG completed. What document did you submit for your language requirement.

Thanks