+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2020 - Citizenship Application

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Still waiting for my test invite. Called and found out that my app is still in Sydney, however, the agent told me that applicants can still be invited for the test before the application is sent to the local office.

New Status Tracker was updated on Jun 14th, saying Background verification completed, nothing after that.

Place: Toronto
Applicant: Single
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 19, 2020.
AOR: Nov 23, 2020
We started processing your application on December 31, 2020.

Background verification completed: Jun 14, 2021
Language Skills: In progress
Physical Presence: IP
Prohibitions: IP
Test: Not started
Ceremony: Not started
I've added you to the spreadsheet.

Om1280

Nov 1, 2016
Hi All,

I have two questions, if anyone has an answer:

1. I have been scheduled for oath to take place in late September since July 19 on my online status. It has been over 2 weeks but I have not received an email with instructions. How long does it take to receive the email after the online status is changed for oath?

2. How long does it take to get the citizenship certificate for applying for a passport after the oath?

Thanks.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
PM is considering mandatory vaccine for federal workers, hahahah unions will fight this with all they have hahahaha.

I've asked the Clerk of the Privy Council, who is responsible for the federal public service, to look at mandatory vaccinations for federal employees. And we're also looking at federally-regulated industries, to encourage or perhaps even to mandate vaccinations for those industries," Trudeau said.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/politics/pm-says-he-s-considering-making-covid-19-vaccines-mandatory-for-federal-workers-1.5535732

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi All,

I have two questions, if anyone has an answer:

1. I have been scheduled for oath to take place in late September since July 19 on my online status. It has been over 2 weeks but I have not received an email with instructions. How long does it take to receive the email after the online status is changed for oath?

2. How long does it take to get the citizenship certificate for applying for a passport after the oath?

Thanks.
1. You'll receive an email only before a week or two before the oath ceremony.

2. Depends. Some people get it within a week and for some, it takes several weeks. Depends on where you live, when your office prints the certificate and when your office actually mails it out.

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
PM is considering mandatory vaccine for federal workers, hahahah unions will fight this with all they have hahahaha.

I've asked the Clerk of the Privy Council, who is responsible for the federal public service, to look at mandatory vaccinations for federal employees. And we're also looking at federally-regulated industries, to encourage or perhaps even to mandate vaccinations for those industries," Trudeau said.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/politics/pm-says-he-s-considering-making-covid-19-vaccines-mandatory-for-federal-workers-1.5535732
This would trigger what I would call, The Great IRCC Resignation… .. they’re gonna fight with their life for not to loose the 699 code (or whatever it is) that allows them to cash in their salaries without working …

Om1280

Nov 1, 2016
1. You'll receive an email only before a week or two before the oath ceremony.

2. Depends. Some people get it within a week and for some, it takes several weeks. Depends on where you live, when your office prints the certificate and when your office actually mails it out.

Thank you. It was very helpful.

ptr42trs

Jul 18, 2020
Great news! As of today, ecas status is “decision made” and the new status tracker shows language, presence, and prohibitions all set to complete. So now we just wait for our oath invite?

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

Soorik

Nov 23, 2020
Great news! As of today, ecas status is “decision made” and the new status tracker shows language, presence, and prohibitions all set to complete. So now we just wait for our oath invite?
That's great news!!! Congrats.....how long did it take from test completion to the current status?