+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2020 - Citizenship Application

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
Got it. So should I see the BG check completed status before getting test invite? I am hoping to get an update from IRCC soon enough as we are almost atb1 year since application submission.
BG is completed prior to getting the test invite … we’re seeing processing times between 12-18 months now… so buckle up and hope for a quicker process.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi All,

We applied for citizenship in June 2020. Got AoR in December 2020. Application has been in "in process" status since January 2021. We live in Brampton.

Are these type of processing tines common? Please let me know your thoughts.

I will apply for GCMS notes next week.

Best,
Yes. Check the 2019 and the 2020 spreadsheets in my signature to get a gist of what the timelines look like. Please note that there might be several entries that are stale (not updated).

Also, are you aware there is a new status dashboard where you can check your status?

Soorik

Nov 23, 2020
Yes. Check the 2019 and the 2020 spreadsheets in my signature to get a gist of what the timelines look like. Please note that there might be several entries that are stale (not updated).

Also, are you aware there is a new status dashboard where you can check your status?
Thanks a lot. I was not aware of this new dashboard to track status. This is much more detailed.

I will also check the spreadsheets to get a sense of the timelines.

Soorik

Nov 23, 2020
Thanks a lot. I was not aware of this new dashboard to track status. This is much more detailed.

I will also check the spreadsheets to get a sense of the timelines.
I just checked my wife and my status. My wife's BG is completed. Everything else is in progress. Will they send test invite after BG, prohibitions, physical presence is done? I assume language skills will be open until test is completed?

BTW my status is in progress for everything.

Canadiann2020

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
I just checked my wife and my status. My wife's BG is completed. Everything else is in progress. Will they send test invite after BG, prohibitions, physical presence is done? I assume language skills will be open until test is completed?

Same here I'm in progress on every check.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

Language, Physical presence and Prohibitions will be set to "Completed" only after the test (and interview, if you get one). This is how it generally works. However, some applicants in Quebec have reported that the aforementioned statuses were set to "Completed" before the test but that is unique to offices in Quebec alone AFAIK.

If your status doesn't show BG complete, then it means your application is currently pending (waiting on either security or criminality clearance). If your BG has been pending for so long, it is likely you might get a fingerprints request.

Spartan73

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Called cic today
I applied june 8,2020 Aor November and in progress since dec16 2020
Agent said all verification are still under process and once its completed i will get notification for test. Told me its just a waiting game.

SaskCana

Sep 6, 2020
Hey guys a quick question, when i applied for citizenship grant i had an expired passport ( expired in April same year), and couldn’t get it renewed until this month: so my question is should I notify CiC about the new passport or let it go as is?

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......