+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2020 - Citizenship Application

SaskCana

Sep 6, 2020
What is the phone number to contact IRCC about the application? I phoned today on one of the numbers provided on website, and after switching between options it just said we are busy and can’t take your call please try calling back later! So strange?

Reactions: trv_237

phresh

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22/07/2014
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
9/10/2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
Yes
Med's Request
29/04/2015
Med's Done....
5/05/2015
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
7/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
23/07/2015
LANDED..........
8/12/2015
Can someone clarify who needs to do fingerprint or police check? Do I have to do this if I have been in Canada since PR? I apologize if this has already been discussed or clarified somewhere.

Melinoea

May 30, 2020
Hello all. My ECAS updated to:

4. We sent you correspondence on April 27, 2021. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

I assume it is the FP request but I didn't get an email. I will call today and double check.
EDIT: It is a Fingerprint request, they confirmed on the phone. Should get the email soon.

Last edited:

Melinoea

May 30, 2020
Can someone clarify who needs to do fingerprint or police check? Do I have to do this if I have been in Canada since PR? I apologize if this has already been discussed or clarified somewhere.
It's maybe based on how common your name is? I have been in Canada since PR and I just got a request for FP, but I have a fairly common name.

Last edited:
Reactions: vishakha and phresh

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
Depends on your name (common names usually), country of nationality and other factors such as RCMP finding a posible match in their database and wanting to confirm your are not the positive match.

Melinoea

May 30, 2020
What is the phone number to contact IRCC about the application? I phoned today on one of the numbers provided on website, and after switching between options it just said we are busy and can’t take your call please try calling back later! So strange?

phresh

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22/07/2014
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
9/10/2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
Yes
Med's Request
29/04/2015
Med's Done....
5/05/2015
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
7/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
23/07/2015
LANDED..........
8/12/2015
Depends on your name (common names usually), country of nationality and other factors such as RCMP finding a posible match in their database and wanting to confirm your are not the positive match.
Okay, good to know. Well my first name is common but my last name isn't. I have never met anyone other than my family with my last name.

phresh

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22/07/2014
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
9/10/2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
Yes
Med's Request
29/04/2015
Med's Done....
5/05/2015
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
7/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
23/07/2015
LANDED..........
8/12/2015
Oh okay. Good to know. Yeah, my last name is not common. Hopefully they dont ask for it.

TempResident

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Germany/Argentina
Update on my application:

4. We sent you correspondence on April 26, 2021. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

I am being asked to provide FP, and hard and soft-colored copies of my two passports (i have two different nationalities).. How come my wife who also has two different nationalities did not get asked for either copies of passports or FP?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Update on my application:

4. We sent you correspondence on April 26, 2021. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

I am being asked to provide FP, and hard and soft-colored copies of my two passports (i have two different nationalities).. How come my wife who also has two different nationalities did not get asked for either copies of passports or FP?
FP requests are usually triggered when you have a common name (and there is a hit for the name in any of the police/security databases like RCMP/CSIS). Your wife's name might not be that common and that is the reason she might not have received such a request.

Good luck!

Reactions: TempResident

SaskCana

Sep 6, 2020
Just got off a call with IRCC about the status of application, and appears it’s in transit from Saskatoon to Edmonton! Nothing else they can tell me. Now my question is how can i request that my application stay there where it was, as I might move back to Saskatchewan by August! Secondly what you guys know about the transferred applications, do they take more time or are processed normally?