+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2020 - Citizenship Application

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Good day guys. Just give some updates.

I called yesterday and was told that all my checks are "Passed", and I was placed into a pool of test-ready.

App sent date: June 19th 2020
App delivered date: June 25, 2020
AOR:Nov, 30 2020
In process: Jan, 19 2021

Now waiting for test invitation as per agent
This is encouraging but AB will be going to phase 3 of reopening on Monday, people will be able to go watch movies in theater and visite museum again and more... I don't undestand why IRCC ( in AB) can't organise a small group of in person test. Online test seems to be a pilot project forever having in peson test in parallel will help to clear the backlog faster.

Reactions: novascotia27

Alo_edmonton

Jun 25, 2020
This is encouraging but AB will be going to phase 3 of reopening on Monday, people will be able to go watch movies in theater and visite museum again and more... I don't undestand why IRCC ( in AB) can't organise a small group of in person test. Online test seems to be a pilot project forever having in peson test in parallel will help to clear the backlog faster.
Everyone hopes to get the test faster. But everything is changing all the time. You never know when the third wave hits AB , and we have to go back to lockdown again.
I don’t want my in-person test to be canceled unexpectedly and wait forever. .. Lol.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Everyone hopes to get the test faster. But everything is changing all the time. You never know when the third wave hits AB , and we have to go back to lockdown again.
I don’t want my in-person test to be canceled unexpectedly and wait forever. .. Lol.
There is no guaranty that you won't wait forever with the online test neither. This online test is locked on pilot mode since it was launched. 5000 applicants in any given time for the entire country is a very small number. Being test ready doesn't mean anything in my opinion with the actual condition we can be invited early or even after 2 years. We all will be stucked in test ready status then wait for the lottery system to select us.
Good luck to you bro !

Reactions: novascotia27

Jack2406

Star Member
May 16, 2017
Hello All,

I have few common questions. I am reposting it again, so someone can help. Thank you in advance.

1. Can I travel out of Canada once I give my citizenship test?
  2. How many days usually it takes from test to oath?
  3. Do I allow to travel outside of Canada after oath?
  4. Can I apply for Canadian passport immediately after oath? Or do I have to wait till citizen certificate arrive?

nathaniel_d

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Hello All,

I have few common questions. I am reposting it again, so someone can help. Thank you in advance.

1. Can I travel out of Canada once I give my citizenship test? - Yes, but keep in mind if you received oath invitation, then required to travel back.
  2. How many days usually it takes from test to oath? - Sometimes, you may receive the Oath invite after couple of days. It depends on..never know, and some times may take more than week or weeks.
  3. Do I allow to travel outside of Canada after oath? - You can leave the country, but you can't come back, since you need to cut the PR card during the OATH.
  4. Can I apply for Canadian passport immediately after oath? Or do I have to wait till citizen certificate arrive? - You need to have Citizenship certificate to apply the passport

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
I got the same information from helpline agent today
Hi,

I spoke to agent about status of my application and he said few checks are passed and few are still pending. He didn't provide the further details . He said your file is transferred to local office in mid Feb which is a mile stone. Now my question is, what are the checks which are being done in NS and what are the checks which are being conducted in local office? As far as I know there are three types of check:
1-Eligibility,
2-Criminality
3- Security
Any insight from experienced members?

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I spoke to agent about status of my application and he said few checks are passed and few are still pending. He didn't provide the further details . He said your file is transferred to local office in mid Feb which is a mile stone. Now my question is, what are the checks which are being done in NS and what are the checks which are being conducted in local office? As far as I know there are three types of check:
1-Eligibility,
2-Criminality
3- Security
Yes I think eligibility is done by NS at the time of entering the application in the system and the rest two start once your app is in process. I can be wrong though!

Reactions: Vigilant

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
Hi,

1-Eligibility,
2-Criminality
3- Security
I understand all those three checks are done at the local IRCC office. You probably already passed eligibility and security checks (most common) and criminality is in process. Criminality involves the RCMP and security involves the CSIS

ms453

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
Hi Everyone,

I just received a request for fingerprints today. Could we please update the spreadsheet?

Thank you!

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
Hi Everyone,

I just received a request for fingerprints today. Could we please update the spreadsheet?

Thank you!
Updated.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
We may get the test invite before the end of this year with a little luck.
Forwarding from FB group:

Just got my invitation to pass exam
Submitted:June 2020
Aor :septembre 2020
Starting process January 2021
Invitation test : today
Wish me luck
Montréal (Qc)

This is a second normal June applicant I have seen receiving a test invite on FB.

harryedm

Jun 19, 2020
Saw this post in a Facebook group, this applicant is in Montreal and got his test invitation today, here is his timeline.. I hope we are also going to receive our test invite soon.. finger crossed

Submitted:June 2020
Aor :September 2020
Starting process January 2021
Invitation test : Mar 29 2021
Non- urgent
Montréal (Qc)

mehru

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
I m going to appear in online citizenship test, so there written in instructions need photo I.D with signature, so it need photocopy of id and signature becoz there is no signature on p.r card, please reply

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
I m going to appear in online citizenship test, so there written in instructions need photo I.D with signature, so it need photocopy of id and signature becoz there is no signature on p.r card, please reply
Use your DL or ID card.
By the way, what’s your timeline ?

Cookie90

Star Member
Oct 23, 2016
Dubai
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
30-August-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 27-Sep-2016, AOR2: 03-Nov-2016
IELTS Request
Pre- IELTS in Feb-2016
File Transfer...
SA: 18-Oct-2016
Med's Request
Medical Passed on 29-March-2017
Med's Done....
25-July-2016 & 28-August-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
BG: 06-April-2017, DM: 07-April-2017, PPR: 10-April-2017
VISA ISSUED...
PP submitted to VFS: 11-April-2017
LANDED..........
13-May-2017
Hi Guys,

I've seen the below update on my ecas, not sure what it is and I've still not received any correspondence through email or mail. Any ideas?

"We sent you correspondence on March 23, 2021. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required."