+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2020 - Citizenship Application

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
I called IRCC this morning. I was told I passed security and eligibility checks and currently criminality is being processed by RCMP. The agent confirmed that once all checks are "Passed", the application is placed into a pool of test-ready applicants. The invitation for the online citizenship test IS RANDOM and handled at the Nove Scotia intake center. The system has a 5,000 limit of active citizenship test takers at any given time before the system crushes. The agent also stated that post-covid applicants are being worked on within the 12-month application process, or at least, aiming for that timeline. Though this is not true for pre-covid applicants as most of them are non-routine applications. This explains why the IRCC website says they are working on applications from March 2019!!

Any thoughts? It's encouraging to know that June 2020 applicants might become Citizens of Canada by end of this summer!
Interesting

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I’ve got an email today requesting fingerprints done.. oh lord
Alot of peeps are getting so don't worry. Did you get the request through email or you received a letter in your post? Also, is Vancouver office sending out fp request?

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called IRCC this morning. I was told I passed security and eligibility checks and currently criminality is being processed by RCMP. The agent confirmed that once all checks are "Passed", the application is placed into a pool of test-ready applicants. The invitation for the online citizenship test IS RANDOM and handled at the Nove Scotia intake center. The system has a 5,000 limit of active citizenship test takers at any given time before the system crushes. The agent also stated that post-covid applicants are being worked on within the 12-month application process, or at least, aiming for that timeline. Though this is not true for pre-covid applicants as most of them are non-routine applications. This explains why the IRCC website says they are working on applications from March 2019!!

Any thoughts? It's encouraging to know that June 2020 applicants might become Citizens of Canada by end of this summer!
Can you please share IRCC contact ?

Melinoea

May 30, 2020
If I know, based on GCSM notes, that they are going to request fingerprints for me eventually, can I do them in advance and send them in preemptively?