+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2020 - Citizenship Application

Melinoea

May 30, 2020
Perfect, when did you submit that? I heard GCMS are pretty fast nowadays, two to three weeks max.
I ordered mine February 9th, just received them today on the 30 day mark.
Says nothing has been completed, Criminality is "In Progress" and was updated on January 15th saying fingerprints are required but we haven't received any notice about needing fingerprints and ecas doesn't say anything about any information sent out. It also said the due date was March 2nd... so hopefully that wasn't our due date considering they haven't sent any info out.

It also says under the dates I left the country that I went to Iceland for two weeks, which I definitely did not. I went to England... I guess they made a mistake there, lol. Hope that doesn't matter.

Last edited:
Reactions: harryedm

harryedm

Jun 19, 2020
Says nothing has been completed, Criminality is "In Progress" and was updated on January 15th saying fingerprints are required but we haven't received any notice about needing fingerprints and ecas doesn't say anything about any information sent out. It also said the due date was March 2nd... so hopefully that wasn't our due date considering they haven't sent any info out.

It also says under the dates I left the country that I went to Iceland for two weeks, which I definitely did not. I went to England... I guess they made a mistake there, lol. Hope that doesn't matter.
Haha, this is interesting, if your biometrics were not collected in the past then probably you will get the biometrics request very soon and the Iceland part must be a typo by the officer.. thanks for the update and all the best.

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I always thought CBSA does not maintain exit details of the person but this makes me think how they figure out Iceland part...

Melinoea

May 30, 2020
Haha, this is interesting, if your biometrics were not collected in the past then probably you will get the biometrics request very soon and the Iceland part must be a typo by the officer.. thanks for the update and all the best.
I hope to get the request soon! At least it’s a step forward.
I actually think I wrote “Ireland” on my paperwork as that is where we went first, do maybe they couldn’t read my writing, or it was a typo?

Melinoea

May 30, 2020
I always thought CBSA does not maintain exit details of the person but this makes me think how they figure out Iceland part...
I don’t think they did have the records, I think they just transcribed what I wrote on my forms. They had the dates perfect, but I went to Ireland first (then England, Scotland, France, then back home) and I think Ireland was the first one I wrote on that line, so maybe they read my writing wrong, or they typed it wrong?

visa_4all

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don’t think they did have the records, I think they just transcribed what I wrote on my forms. They had the dates perfect, but I went to Ireland first (then England, Scotland, France, then back home) and I think Ireland was the first one I wrote on that line, so maybe they read my writing wrong, or they typed it wrong?
@Melinoea

The first destination out of Canada, will be your destination for exit.

Means, if you fly from Toronto to London (England) with Icelandair via Reykjavík, then you went to Iceland. (Even thought that is only transit).

Or

If you travel to England via Ireland, then Ireland.

Is it still a mistake?

Thank you

Melinoea

May 30, 2020
@Melinoea

The first destination out of Canada, will be your destination for exit.

Means, if you fly from Toronto to London (England) with Icelandair via Reykjavík, then you went to Iceland. (Even thought that is only transit).

Or

If you travel to England via Ireland, then Ireland.

Is it still a mistake?

Thank you
That makes total sense, but unfortunately not the case for us. We flew directly to Ireland, and definitely not via Iceland. I think they just mistook my 'r' for a 'c' on the application.

Reactions: EUK and visa_4all

visa_4all

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@sttaq

Finger print request:

Is your or your family members (other applicant's) name is most common.

Thank you