+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2020 - Citizenship Application

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello

Please explain why background check is complete and prohibition is in progress?

Why language skills shows as in progress!!

Applied - May 2020
Acknowledge Received- October 2020
Test Request- May 2021
Test - Completed
Language Skills- in progress
Background- Complete
Number of Days Eligibility- In progress
Prohibition- In progress
Oath Ceremony- No Status
I don't see you on the spreadsheet.

Could you please provide your information in the following format so that I can add you to the spreadsheet?

(PLEASE PROVIDE EXACT DATES, NOT JUST THE MONTH AND YEAR).

App Type: Single / Family (# of applicants)
Physical Presence Days:
App Sent:
App Delivered:
AOR:
In-Progress:
Test Email:
Test Date:
Interview Invite:
Interview Date:
Decision Made:
Oath Invite:
Oath Date:

Also, from the new status dashboard, can you please provide the dates of the following :

Background Check "Completed"
Citizenship Test "Completed"
Prohibitions, Language and Residency "Completed"

You can skip the items that don't apply to you.

Halcan

Mar 14, 2017
Test completed updated (15th June 2021).
Test and background is Completed, everything else is "In Progress" and Ceremony is "Not started".
Guess, I'll be getting an Interview since Ceremony is "Not Started". Any thoughts?
Please update.

Last edited:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Test completed updated (15th June 2021).
Test and background is Completed, everything else is "In Progress" and Ceremony is "Not started".
Guess, I'll be getting an Interview since Ceremony is "Not Started". Any thoughts?
Please update.
Updated!

The status of "Ceremony" doesn't have to do anything with interview.

First, your Physical Presence, Prohibitions and Language will be set to "Passed" (this is equivalent to the "Decision Made" status on ECAS). After this, there would be a few months wait and then you will be scheduled for oath.

Given the current situation, assume it'll take around 3 - 5 months or more from the test (or interview, if you get one) to oath invitation.

Good luck!

Reactions: Halcan

Hypatia

Star Member
Feb 22, 2014
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Scarborough, ON
App. Filed.......
15-06-2020
I got the same e-mail with the subject line: "Follow the progress...Application Tracker" At least I can now see my Background Check as completed (the only one). My fingerprints were received on May 25th.

Can someone please shed light on whether my file will now be sent to the local office? And how long it takes to get the test invite once the file is with the local office. Thanks!
Anyone?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I got the same e-mail with the subject line: "Follow the progress...Application Tracker" At least I can now see my Background Check as completed (the only one). My fingerprints were received on May 25th.

Can someone please shed light on whether my file will now be sent to the local office? And how long it takes to get the test invite once the file is with the local office. Thanks!
Unfortunately, nobody here can give you a timeline. It doesn't follow a particular pattern. The timelines are very different from applicant to applicant.

Your file will be moving to the local office, that's for sure. After like a month or two, try ordering GCMS notes to see the status of your file and if it has been successfully received by the local office.

Good luck!

Reactions: Hypatia

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
Just passed the test, 20/20. Hoping there is no issue with my ID photo.

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
Just passed the test, 20/20. Hoping there is no issue with my ID photo.
Hello congratulations :) how many times did you read the book and which apps or websites did you use?
Is there an app or website that you used that’s similar to the questions on the real test?
Thank you very much

Melinoea

May 30, 2020
Does anyone know, are oath ceremonies or interviews being done in person or online? Mine isn't going to be for a long while, as I haven't done my test yet even, I'm just curious.
Thanks!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks! I only asked because a few months ago my friend had to come back to Canada (he moved to the US) to do an interview in person. I'm not sure if that was a standard process though, maybe it's because he wasn't currently in Canada.
That's weird. I don't think in-person interviews have been conducted since March 2020. Double-check with your friend if he attended the interview in-person or on MS teams (online). Though the test, interview and oath ceremonies are all done online, you'll have to still be physically present in Canada to take part and complete the aforementioned events.

Melinoea

May 30, 2020
That's weird. I don't think in-person interviews have been conducted since March 2020. Double-check with your friend if he attended the interview in-person or on MS teams (online). Though the test, interview and oath ceremonies are all done online, you'll have to still be physically present in Canada to take part and complete the aforementioned events.
Ah okay, that makes sense. I just checked with him and it was actually his USA visa application that was in person, haha. His citizenship for Canada was online.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram