+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*JUNE 2019* INLAND Spousal Sponsorship

Dhalaria

Jul 8, 2019
The decision made is regarding you "eligibility to sponsor the principle applicant". This means you have received SA "Sponsor Approval". Congrats!

Also: check your email or junk mail. The correspondence should have been an email notifying you that you are eligible to sponsor.
But i didnt get any correspondence in my mail checked everything many times thats why curious to know whats going on

juliakristof

May 5, 2017
Question: is there a chance that you might not receive SA if the officer thinks you don't qualify for common law status? We literally 'lived' together but before we got an apartment, we traveled via bike and wild-camped for the first 3 months of the 1 year requirement.

Or would they have already checked for that early on (this would be the logical thing to do... why would they make you go through medical, etc, wait half a year or more only to be rejected)?

Ver94

Aug 17, 2019
Question: is there a chance that you might not receive SA if the officer thinks you don't qualify for common law status? We literally 'lived' together but before we got an apartment, we traveled via bike and wild-camped for the first 3 months of the 1 year requirement.

Or would they have already checked for that early on (this would be the logical thing to do... why would they make you go through medical, etc, wait half a year or more only to be rejected)?
In my opinion, I feel that would have been rejected off the bat if they didn't deem it legitimate. How long did you live together in the apartment before you applied?

juliakristof

May 5, 2017
In my opinion, I feel that would have been rejected off the bat if they didn't deem it legitimate. How long did you live together in the apartment before you applied?
We traveled together for 3 months, then lived together in the apartment for 9 months. We applied 5 days after the 1 year requirement. We provided plenty of social media pictures of our journey, including plane tickets, 2 hotel receipts and reviews from people we stayed with through the warmshowers website (like couchsurfing except for cyclists). We also included 4 hand written letters from both our parents confirming this.

Ver94

Aug 17, 2019
We traveled together for 3 months, then lived together in the apartment for 9 months. We applied 5 days after the 1 year requirement. We provided plenty of social media pictures of our journey, including plane tickets, 2 hotel receipts and reviews from people we stayed with through the warmshowers website (like couchsurfing except for cyclists). We also included 4 hand written letters from both our parents confirming this.
That sounds pretty solid. In any case, it's been months since then, you are most definitely considered common law now.

Dhalaria

Jul 8, 2019
Hello guys i have an update and a hope for all as well

App received - 3rd June
AOR. - 6th June
Owp returned -6th Sep
Owp recieved -17th Sep
Owp linked - 9th Oct
Medical request -13th oct
Medical passed - 1st Nov
Background check started - 10th OCT
SA - 7th Dec
AIP - 9th Dec

waiting for etobicoke office to contact

wpgielts

Jun 9, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Missisauga
App. Filed.......
04-06-2019
AOR Received.
10-07-2019
Med's Request
29-10-2019
Med's Done....
02-11-2019
Hello guys i have an update and a hope for all as well

App received - 3rd June
AOR. - 6th June
Owp returned -6th Sep
Owp recieved -17th Sep
Owp linked - 9th Oct
Medical request -13th oct
Medical passed - 1st Nov
Background check started - 10th OCT
SA - 7th Dec
AIP - 9th Dec

waiting for etobicoke office to contact
Congratulations! Does your background check showed any changed before you receive new notification? Like background check finished or something else?

Kapil_ame

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
application received 4th June,
AOR: 9th July,
Medical Request:1st Nov
Medical Passed : 15th NOV
Background check: 22 Oct.

No response yet.

Janice Bond

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
AOR Received.
12-July-2019
Hello Everyone,
Just wanted to share something I found in my research. It shows what typically happens after AOR. Please note that for some applicants there may be a slight variation so there is no need to panic.

So it is in the order below

AOR – NA1 – MEP – IP1 – NA2 – IP2 – NA3 – PPR – CoPR

AOR: This is a letter you will get within 24 hours(mine took 35 days lol) after submission of your PR application.

NA1: “Not applicable“. This will be your BG status message as soon as you submit and get AOR. Typically, this will be status till the time you get your medical passed status.

MEP: “You passed the medical exam“. This will generally happen after approx 10-15 days after your AOR. For PNP applicants it can take more time generally.

IP1: This will happen one or two days after your medical. Sometimes on the same day itself. BG status message in this stage will be “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.”. CIC agents will do R10, criminality checks during this stage. Once they feel everything is good then they will change it to NA. These things will happen at CIO Office (Centralized Intake Office).

NA2: “Not applicable“. This will signify that IP1 is completed. Sometimes IP1 will take a few hours and if we have not checked our account during the time it was in IP1, it won’t be possible to know that we are in NA1 or NA2. Our file will be transferred to CPC (Case Processing Center) where agents will do eligibility assessments. If they feel everything is okay, then they will provide their recommendation to Visa Officer and the same time they will initiate Security Checks.

IP2: BG status message in this stage will be “We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information.“. Visa Officer starts reviewing or after reviewing all agents recommendations. PPR mail will be triggered if the applicant paid RPRF up front. PPR mails these days are taking 7-20 days after you are in IP2 stage. These things will be done at the CPC office.

Generally, messages will be like below in IP2 status:

NA3: “Not applicable“. This will signify that IP2 is completed. This status is not visible in many cases.

ADR: Sometimes an additional document is requested in IP1 or IP2 stage. An email, as well as message in your CIC account, will be sent.

Hope this helps!

Oct 2, 2018
Hi Guy, I applied from Quebec in June. In the ECAS, it still shows AOR. We actually have received OWP and medical exam requests on the last day of November. It is a little odd. Not sure what is going on here.