PR + OWP Submitted/Received: June 28
AOR Received/Linked: Aug 14
CSQ Request: Aug 16
CSQ Received:Aug 21

that's it, im still unable to link my OWP :(

pepino99

May 17, 2019
Hi,
I guess its an almost similar situation for me.I paid $255 for OWP and send it along with PR payment receipt on June 19. Got AOR on 31st July but they returned my OWP application on 16th September saying insufficient fee which I was unable to figure out as I already paid the full amount and still have a valid status. I called CIC agent which they told is a mistake from there end and raised a flag about that on my online profile. I resubmitted it on September 18. Now again it became a waiting game which no one knows when they gona process it.
Were you able to link your work permit?

Ncik

Star Member
Aug 17, 2019
You already sent your OWP with the PR application. They will send the OWP to Edmonton to process it separately. So in my opinion, there's no need to extend your visitor record. You're just gonna have implied status. Just wait for it.
I have to advise agains this. If anything goes wrong and the application comes back you loose implied status and will have to apply for restoration of status which will cost you extra money and might throw a wrench in everything.

Its way easier to just apply for a visitor extension until you have your decision of the owp

pepino99

May 17, 2019
Has anybody who has been able to link their work permit also go their work permit returned??. Also has anybody who has been able to link their work permit the 11 or 12 of September stil waiting for approval??

K1w1

Star Member
Jul 16, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-07-2019
AOR Received.
22-08-2019
LANDED..........
04-02-2020
I have to advise agains this. If anything goes wrong and the application comes back you loose implied status and will have to apply for restoration of status which will cost you extra money and might throw a wrench in everything.

Its way easier to just apply for a visitor extension until you have your decision of the owp
I agree. I'm in the process of doing my visitor extension now and it seems relatively straight forward.

Reactions: Janice Bond

pepino99

May 17, 2019

This specially if it happens something like happened to me which I didn't commit any mistake and somebody for there forgot to.link my OPW receipts to my case. And they were going to return it because they say I packed 100 CAD.

juliakristof

May 5, 2017
Has anybody who has been able to link their work permit also go their work permit returned??. Also has anybody who has been able to link their work permit the 11 or 12 of September stil waiting for approval??
I linked the OWP Sept. 12th and I'm still waiting for approval.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
hi everyone, may i ask what visa/permit is the PA on in your applications?

hpinfy

Aug 1, 2019
Were you able to link your work permit?
Hey, No I wasn't able to link mine. If you linked your OWP that means they won't return it now. They simply ask you to deposit if that will be the case send you a receipt via Message in your account or something like that.

heysushant

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Linked on the 12th of Sep and still waiting.

pepino99

May 17, 2019
Hey, No I wasn't able to link mine. If you linked your OWP that means they won't return it now. They simply ask you to deposit if that will be the case send you a receipt via Message in your account or something like that.
Can it be they are processing my work permit in Ottawa?? BecauSe I called them.and they told me it's usually in Edmonton but because there is a lot.of.work.they sent some to.ottawa.