+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*JUNE 2019* INLAND Spousal Sponsorship

juliakristof

May 5, 2017
Yes, he can continue to work. Providing he applied for the OWP before his IEC ran out then he’s on implied status and the conditions remain exactly the same. The SIN number will just carry on as normal until he lands and a new one will be generated.
I think you're wrong... I looked into it more and because a working holiday visa is NOT extendable, he cannot work on implied status. That being said, if we don't receive his OWP before his WHV expires, how do we change his status to a visitor so he can remain in the country?

Bungali88

Aug 2, 2019
Implied status - IEC

If you are a participant in the International Experience Canada (IEC) program and you apply for:

• A subsequent work permit (WP) under one of the IEC eligible categories, you cannot continue working after the expiration of your current WP until you obtain the new one,
    • if you want to stay in Canada during the process of your subsequent WP under IEC, you need to apply to extend your stay in Canada as a visitor or student at the latest on the expiry date of your existing WP,
  • Another type of WP at the latest on the expiry date of your WP under IEC, and it expires before a decision is made, you can continue working under the same conditions as your existing WP, as long as you remain in Canada.
For more helpful information, we invite you to consult the Extend or change your work permit - International Experience Canada page.

Leaving and re-entering Canada while under implied status:

You may be authorized to re-enter Canada:

• As a temporary resident, if your application to extend your stay has not yet been approved (if applicable, it will be important to wait until you receive your new permit before you start to work/ study):
    • this applies to you if, among other things:
      • you are temporary resident visa (TRV)exempt,
      • you hold a valid multiple-entry visa, or
      • you have travelled only to the United States (including its Territories and Possessions) and/or St.Pierre and Miquelon,
  • As a worker or student:
    • if the officer determines that your application to extend your WP was approved while you were outside Canada, or
    • if you are eligible to apply for a new work or study permit at your arrival in Canada.
An officer will ask you questions to see if you meet all of the requirements before allowing you to come back to Canada.

Proof of implied status:

It is recommended that you provide these documents to prove that you have implied status:

• Your expired immigration document,
  • (If the application was submitted by paper) A copy of the application to extend your stay sent to the Case Processing Centre before the expiration date of your status,
  • (If the application was submitted online) A copy of the Confirmation of Online Application Transmissionmessage in your online account,
  • A copy of the fee payment receipt included with the application, and
  • (If applicable) A delivery confirmation from the postal service provider used to send the application.
More information on implied status is also available on our website.

juliakristof

May 5, 2017
Implied status - IEC

If you are a participant in the International Experience Canada (IEC) program and you apply for:

• A subsequent work permit (WP) under one of the IEC eligible categories, you cannot continue working after the expiration of your current WP until you obtain the new one,
    • if you want to stay in Canada during the process of your subsequent WP under IEC, you need to apply to extend your stay in Canada as a visitor or student at the latest on the expiry date of your existing WP,
  • Another type of WP at the latest on the expiry date of your WP under IEC, and it expires before a decision is made, you can continue working under the same conditions as your existing WP, as long as you remain in Canada.
" you can continue working under the same conditions as your existing WP"
The conditions under the WHV is that it is not extendable.

Bungali88

Aug 2, 2019
i got this information after I called them and this is what they told me that I can continue to work. If you’ve got any concerns then call them.

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
" you can continue working under the same conditions as your existing WP"
The conditions under the WHV is that it is not extendable.
"Option 2:
Apply for another type of work permit.

If you apply for a new work permit, you should submit your application at least 30 days before your International Experience Canada work permit expires. This will ensure that you don’t lose legal status in Canada.

If your work permit expires before we process your application, you can keep working in Canada until you receive a decision on your application. This is known as implied status.

If we refuse your application for a new work permit, you must leave Canada before the date indicated on the letter we send you."

This is what shows up after selecting "Other" in the Extend or change your work permit - International Experience Canada link. So yes, you can work under implied status with an IEC permit when you've applied for an OWP through PR according to the Government of Canada website.

Poorva

Jul 22, 2017
Regina
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
27/07/2019
Hello guys,

I called up the Immigration office today regarding my OWP as we haven't yet recieved any word from them and the agent told me first we need to receive the Sponsor approval letter and after we receive the approval letter then only my OWP will come within 4 months.

Now I do not understand what's the eligibility criteria for getting the Sponsor approval letter?

Have you all received the Sponsor approval letter?

seatoyyz

Jul 16, 2019
When did you receive the Sponsor's approval letter?
We haven't received it. I just read your previous comment, and I believe you were misinformed, I think they meant to say AOR, which I received July 11. It's my understanding that once your PR application is accepted (AOR), the OWP app is separated out and mailed to the processing center in Edmonton. From there, it's the standard 8-week processing time per IRCC website (note the line that says "This processing time doesn’t include the time it takes to send an application between a VAC and our office").

emeakyl

Jul 7, 2019
We haven't received it. I just read your previous comment, and I believe you were misinformed
I haven't received it too, but:

first we need to receive the Sponsor approval letter and after we receive the approval letter then only my OWP will come within 4 months.
We were able to link the OWP to our account, but we don't have it yet: so it is possible we will receive the approval letter between now and when we have the OWP? (I don't know enough about all the stages of the process I admit)

Poorva

Jul 22, 2017
Regina
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
27/07/2019

We were able to link the OWP to our account, but we don't have it yet: so it is possible we will receive the approval letter between now and when we have the OWP? (I don't know enough about all the stages of the process I admit)
Oh thank you, but did you receive a separate application number for OWP? Because when I asked the agent about the application no for my OWP he started telling me about all this Sponsor's approval letter

seatoyyz

Jul 16, 2019
I don't think so, since the PR application is separate from the OWP application at this point. If you look at the tracking spreadsheet, plenty of May applicants have received their OWPs but no one has received sponsorship approval.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gm315tmNKWoywb7PwZBiE67fUmznYQrNhYVWXPXXJBw/edit#gid=1781490796

Sakurasahra

Dec 6, 2018

How did you link the OWP? Did you use the UCI on the AOR email?