+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*JUNE 2019* INLAND Spousal Sponsorship

abjh

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
From what I can tell anyone who applied from Quebec is at a standstill because of how slow the MIDI is going through CSQ applications :( We've been waiting forever!!!
We applied from Alberta. I see some folks in the July and August applications who applied from Alberta receiving their request for background check already, so a bit worried! If anyone has any more information on this, would be great if you can share it! Thanks all.

aquamex

Star Member
Jul 4, 2019
App. Filed.......
28-06-2019
AOR Received.
13-08-2019
Med's Request
22-11-2019
Med's Done....
27-11-2019
I now see one July applicant got his/her AIP, SA and DM already!

Ver94

Aug 17, 2019
I now see one July applicant got his/her AIP, SA and DM already!
I just added him in, he got it yesterday. He got SA a long time ago along with request for additional documents. I feel by now June should have been at least to the bottom of their list with some gaps. Oh well... you can't blame the holidays lol we all enjoyed them.

MariVanna

Jan 7, 2020
Folks, how do you see when BGC has started? I don't see it in my profile online.. but it says it's processing. By the way how long do you think it should take them to process? I have passed the medical Dec 8th and got AIP and SA Dec 23rd. Since then no news. Just wondering how is it going for you (for those who is based in Toronto). thanks everyone and hope you have a great day ahead.

aquamex

Star Member
Jul 4, 2019
App. Filed.......
28-06-2019
AOR Received.
13-08-2019
Med's Request
22-11-2019
Med's Done....
27-11-2019
Folks, how do you see when BGC has started? I don't see it in my profile online.. but it says it's processing. By the way how long do you think it should take them to process? I have passed the medical Dec 8th and got AIP and SA Dec 23rd. Since then no news. Just wondering how is it going for you (for those who is based in Toronto). thanks everyone and hope you have a great day ahead.
this is a link to a thread that hopefully will answer your question:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/june-2019-inland-spousal-sponsorship.636244/page-76#post-8384386

wvanderlinden

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
As frustrating that it may be that June seems to be lagging, we really shouldn't be complaining... we're averaging 7 months for full PR when the expectation was one full year. Think positive :)
One full year is an estimation for how long the process would take, and it's usually for the most complicated applications! We see many applications got DM within 6 months while others still waiting for their OWP! How to think positive and stop complaining if you feel that the timeline of the process is NOT fair.

juliakristof

May 5, 2017
One full year is an estimation for how long the process would take, and it's usually for the most complicated applications! We see many applications got DM within 6 months while others still waiting for their OWP! How to think positive and stop complaining if you feel that the timeline of the process is NOT fair.
I'm one of those people who had to wait 6 months for an OWP as I was seeing September applicants already getting theirs - yet I still think we are incredibly lucky. I can't find anywhere that it says 'complicated applications take a year'. It says everywhere that the estimated time for a normal application is a year, which is already SO MUCH FASTER than many other countries. Good luck getting your green card in USA in one year. The process timeline may not be fair but neither is life.

askakhil

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
I'm one of those people who had to wait 6 months for an OWP as I was seeing September applicants already getting theirs - yet I still think we are incredibly lucky. I can't find anywhere that it says 'complicated applications take a year'. It says everywhere that the estimated time for a normal application is a year, which is already SO MUCH FASTER than many other countries. Good luck getting your green card in USA in one year. The process timeline may not be fair but neither is life.
I don’t think it works that way. They dont have separate timelines or processing for complicated applications. My application was withdrawn the first time we applied in 2 months by my wife due to some personal issues. Re applied this june and got OWP this december. Well i guess if we say complicated I definitely belong to that lot. But its just they do it at their own pace, their own way

abjh

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
Hi all, received this as a part of the request for background check:
"These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of
your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada
at this time."
My wife is the only one applying for PR but has other family members like her parents and siblings in her home country. Would this mean she needs to get police certificate for all of them or just her? She is from Colombia.

Thanks!

th_10

Oct 5, 2017
Hi all,

Just want to update that we received the invitation to landing interview yesterday for January 17, 2020.

Does anyone know if immigration will issue a temporary PR card/paper in the meantime while waiting for the actual card to arrive? We made travel plans for a quick trip to the states a while back and now I'm thinking we probably can't even go anymore. Advice? Thanks.

Rishus

Jan 9, 2020
Hi all,

Just want to update that we received the invitation to landing interview yesterday for January 17, 2020.

Does anyone know if immigration will issue a temporary PR card/paper in the meantime while waiting for the actual card to arrive? We made travel plans for a quick trip to the states a while back and now I'm thinking we probably can't even go anymore. Advice? Thanks.
Hi ,
Can you plz tell when did you apply . I am June 28 applicant and medical was done on Dec 5 . No updates on application after that.

Prof_L

Aug 21, 2019
Hi all,

No, they will only give you a Confirmation of permanent residence paper which you can use to re-enter Canada by private vehicle. If you are flying, then you will have to wait for the actual PR card to come in the mail or apply for a permanent resident travel document from the United States to return to Canada.