+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*JUNE 2019* INLAND Spousal Sponsorship

aks1414

Oct 5, 2019
AOR Received.
July 23
I'm getting really worried because I sent my application and OPW last June 12. And I have never received opw link or anything about owp. I got AOR on July 21th. many people who applied after me getting opw or linked so I'm getting so worried. Any advice:(

juliakristof

May 5, 2017
I'm getting really worried because I sent my application and OPW last June 12. And I have never received opw link or anything about owp. I got AOR on July 21th. many people who applied after me getting opw or linked so I'm getting so worried. Any advice:(
Call cic tomorrow morning at 7:50am - that way you'll be the first in the cue and likely will speak to someone immediately. Say that it's been more than 4 months and that you were told to call if you didn't receive your OWP after 4 months (that's what they told us).

Janice Bond

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
AOR Received.
12-July-2019
Apparently, some of our OWPs went to Ottawa from Edmonton because there were so many. So that could be why. Please keep in mind that some people got their OWP approved without it being linked so hang in there.

Dhalaria

Jul 8, 2019
They both go hand in hand. I did the Restoration of Status which requires a medical request but they didn't ask for it because they know I'm gonna get one for the PR application. The medical request will work for both the extension and for the PR. When you get it done, just send a webform with a your application details and tell them where you got it done and they will add it to your sponsorship file as well. :)
Thankyou for your sweet suggestion , really appreciate a lot

Reactions: Jessilyn

Jessilyn

Feb 16, 2018
If you are passed the 121 day mark, contact your MP (if they aren't too busy with the upcoming election). They are very helpful and advocate for us during our process :)

Reactions: Janice Bond

Kapil_ame

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
App Received June 4th
AOR- 9th july.
already have PGWP for 3 years.
No medical request yet
no back ground check yet.

can anyone tell me what is going on with June applications?

Thanks

hieprock

Sep 7, 2018
Date received : June 4,2019
Medical request : not yet

Any June applicant here got medical request yet? I do not know if the sheets are updated but do not see any movement in June sheet

Jessilyn

Feb 16, 2018
June MR's are backed up because of all of the April and May applications. We should be seeing them very soon. :)

Ver94

Aug 17, 2019
Almost everyone from July have received their OWPs. :mad:
Most likely it's because half of the June applications got sent to Ottawa, and Ottawa is working under a TON of paperwork, hundreds of different application types. I know it's frustrating, but I believe they're doing the best they can. It was just a lack of the draw for some June applicants. Hang in there!

Ver94

Aug 17, 2019
how do you know the application is in Ottawa
A lot of people have called CIC helpline, and they confirmed due to an enormous amount of applications in June, Edmonton needed to delegate some to Ottawa. Just to be clear, I mean the OWPs only. The sponsorship/pr application is in a separate place, apparently