+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2019 citizenship applicants

Binree

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
Hello Guys,

I needed some clarification. I am confused whether we need to send original Canadian citizenship certificate with the passport application or can I send copies signed by the gurantor for ID and proof of Canadian citizenship? Can someone pls clarify?
You must need to send citizenship certificate original. You can send copy of you ID and guarantor must need to verify and sign .

Reactions: TARTAR

DanielQ

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
I went to passport office and got my passport applied in person yesterday. Paid $50 extra per person but I can have the passport collected next Monday.

krishnwinnie

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
Nomination.....
02-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
IELTS Request
SENT
File Transfer...
13-07-2015
Med's Request
20-07-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2015
You must need to send citizenship certificate original. You can send copy of you ID and guarantor must need to verify and sign .
Thank you so much for the clarification. Has anyone received their passport and citizenship certificate back recently? It would help if someone can help with timelines. I apologize for the follow up questions, I am in a unique situation as I need to relocate within Canada moving from one province to another in next 45 days and am worried about losing my documents in transit..

canhyd3008

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
07-Oct-2014
Med's Request
13-Nov-2-14
Med's Done....
06-Dec-2014
Thank you so much for the clarification. Has anyone received their passport and citizenship certificate back recently? It would help if someone can help with timelines. I apologize for the follow up questions, I am in a unique situation as I need to relocate within Canada moving from one province to another in next 45 days and am worried about losing my documents in transit..
I did get both my passport and original citizenship certificate back last week. In all it took 25 days from the date I sent my post application.

pjyoo

Nov 30, 2018
Can you believe it?! I got DM on Nov. 2, 2019 and have been waiting for the notice of Oath Ceremony until Oct. 2, 2020. I took the ceremony this morning, Oct. 6. It says the ceremony starts at 9:45am, however, that means the registration starts at that time. The whole process, including the oath and closing remarks, ended at 11:00am.

Reactions: TARTAR

bwrani

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Can you believe it?! I got DM on Nov. 2, 2019 and have been waiting for the notice of Oath Ceremony until Oct. 2, 2020. I took the ceremony this morning, Oct. 6. It says the ceremony starts at 9:45am, however, that means the registration starts at that time. The whole process, including the oath and closing remarks, ended at 11:00am.
Hi,
From which office your application got processed.

Chrissy85

Sep 22, 2014
Hello! I received my virtual Oath invitation a couple of days ago. It is scheduled for next Friday, October 16th at 9am. My status changed to Decision Made on March 11th, the day after I took the test. So happy to be so close to citizenship after such a long journey and grateful for this forum and all the help from others in the same situation. Please update June (2019) spreadsheet with this information. Thank you!

Reactions: TARTAR and EUK

Abou1980

Star Member
Jan 26, 2019
Hello guys !

Question please, I am a June 2019 applicant, in process since Oct 2019 ... Applied from NB, and now I moved to Ottawa, ON.

If I change my address will it be faster or it will take more time since I changed the address ?

Your thoughts and advices please ?
Thank you !

Isaga

Star Member
May 26, 2019
Hello guys !

Question please, I am a June 2019 applicant, in process since Oct 2019 ... Applied from NB, and now I moved to Ottawa, ON.

If I change my address will it be faster or it will take more time since I changed the address ?

Your thoughts and advices please ?
Thank you !
I'm a similar situation, June applicant. Moved to BC from ON in June this year and changed my address. it only took days to be changed online (ECAS), However to this date my physical file hasn't been transferred to BC yet. YES they do transfer the PHYSICAL file.
I called IRCC couple time and send note through webform. last week IRCC call center agent gave me the local Hamilton office's fax number to send them a letter. So If my understanding is right , I won't get a ceremony until the file gets transferred to BC and get in the queue, which means in limbo rn.

Good luck my friend, I'm not scaring you. Actually your experience might be totally different than mine, please let us know.