CSQ December 15, 2014
Med's Request
July 13, 2015 and RPRF
Med's Done....
July 21, 2015 and Paid RPRF July 22, 2015
Interview........
Waived...
Passport Req..
February 01, 2016 (DECISION MADE on e-cas Feb 02, 2016)
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 01, 2016
LANDED..........
June 24, 2016
It's almost 4 months now since i took the citizenship test and until now no invitation to attend the Oath Ceremony..Montreal area..

carielilviztie

Dec 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 29, 2015 (Federal)
Nomination.....
CSQ December 15, 2014
Med's Request
July 13, 2015 and RPRF
Med's Done....
July 21, 2015 and Paid RPRF July 22, 2015
Interview........
Waived...
Passport Req..
February 01, 2016 (DECISION MADE on e-cas Feb 02, 2016)
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 01, 2016
LANDED..........
June 24, 2016
Took my citizenship test on November 5th and was told by an agent that I should receive an oath invite in 2-3 months, but I'm almost on the 4th month now. I've seen a few people here who didn't take their test until January or February and have already received an oath invite. LOL

Anyway I have a trip booked on April 9th (thought I'd have completed this whole application by then) - is it possible to speak to someone from my processing office (Scarborough) and beg, yes beg, for an oath ceremony soon? My old passport is expired and don't think there's enough time for me to renew and receive it before my trip. Just can't believe receiving an oath invite takes longer than the actual processing of my citizenship application
We are on the same boat! i will have my 2 weeks paid vacation by my company starting on 1st week of April that will be my 5th month after passing the Citizenship exam and i am planning to go out of country but uncertainty of the schedule of Oath holds me back..montreal area is the slowest among the processing offices. My neighbor got her oath after 11 months the other is 1 year while the other is 10 months i hope mine will be after 9 months finger crossed??

KINGSLEY JOHN

Sep 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 -12-2014
Doc's Request.
Hospital BC and Immunization cards for Children; Updated PCC
AOR Received.
23-02-2014
Med's Request
4-09-2015
Med's Done....
11-09-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
May 2016
Anyone with the same timeline ? No test invite yet

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 6, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 20, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on October 3, 2019.
Still waiting for the test invite:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 7, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 20, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on October 9, 2019.

immshunli

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Scarborough Candidates here
I just checked my ECAS it says they sent me oath invite on Feb 28th to appear the oath ceremony on Apr 20th. However I haven’t received any email yet.

Reactions: Binree

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Hi!
Can someone please update the spreadsheet for me?
Received an oath invite (via ECAS) on Feb 28 for April 20th.
Have not yet received an email or snail mail.
Thank you and here’s hoping everyone hears something soon!

Last edited:
Reactions: Binree

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Scarborough Candidates here
I just checked my ECAS it says they sent me oath invite on Feb 28th to appear the oath ceremony on Apr 20th. However I haven’t received any email yet.
Hi, I too am a Scarborough applicant and I have the same oath date as you. Haven’t received an email or snail mail. I’ll wait a couple of days before sending a case specific enquiry asking for details. Congratulations to you!

immshunli

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I too am a Scarborough applicant and I have the same oath date as you. Haven’t received an email or snail mail. I’ll wait a couple of days before sending a case specific enquiry asking for details. Congratulations to you!
Congrats to you as well. The only weird thing for me is that they scheduled us 7 weeks in advance LOL. Never mind I guess I need to be grateful.

ottawaapp

Feb 29, 2020
June 2019 applicant here:
sent: June 20 (Ottawa)
received: 24
aor: aug 30
in process: oct 21
test: jan 30 (20/20)

...Still in process since test. Called call centre yesterday (as I have done a few times) for status . Agent went for about 4 mins and came back and pointed out that I have made 2 ATIP requests that it will delay my application.I requested the GCMS notes to see what's going on out of my own curiosity. I am even yet to receive the second one. The thing is, the first time I made the request, I noticed from the bottom of the report the day it was generated coincided with the day I received the test invite. Any insight on this? Has anyone experienced this before? Is it possible that citizenship officers get pissed for requesting gcms notes/calling call centre?

Also, I see 2 persons from Ottawa that submitted few days after me already have oath invite although my test date was a day after them

Thank you.

immshunli

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
June 2019 applicant here:
sent: June 20 (Ottawa)
received: 24
aor: aug 30
in process: oct 21
test: jan 30 (20/20)

...Still in process since test. Called call centre yesterday (as I have done a few times) for status . Agent went for about 4 mins and came back and pointed out that I have made 2 ATIP requests that it will delay my application.I requested the GCMS notes to see what's going on out of my own curiosity. I am even yet to receive the second one. The thing is, the first time I made the request, I noticed from the bottom of the report the day it was generated coincided with the day I received the test invite. Any insight on this? Has anyone experienced this before? Is it possible that citizenship officers get pissed for requesting gcms notes/calling call centre?

Also, I see 2 persons from Ottawa that submitted few days after me already have oath invite although my test date was a day after them

Thank you.
They have a reason to be mad tho. June applicants are well within the 12 months promised time. And each time a note is requested, they have to fetch your file from thousands of applications, and respond to the corespondent agency within a certain time period, that essentially makes their work harder.