+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2019 citizenship applicants

marcoeliasg20

Feb 20, 2020
Anyone with the same timeline ? No test invite yet

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 6, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 20, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on October 3, 2019.
Same timeline and no test invite yet.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 3, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 14, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on September 18, 2019.

Fly0surfer

Oct 4, 2018
Received my test invite today . Initially I expected, that mine would have taken even longer, since i had about 60 trips on my physical presence calculator .
Pretty much 4 months on the dot since it went in process...
Test : March 21

Tvgt

Nov 30, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
OTT/LON - Common Law
App. Filed.......
31-03-2015
Doc's Request.
22-09-2015 - in process
AOR Received.
07-04-2015
File Transfer...
01-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2015
LANDED..........
Landing: 14th Dec 2015
status has been updated online, date of oath is March 6th 2020. The journey is nearly complete!! :)

MEHA

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
Doc's Request.
RCMP
AOR Received.
22-June-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
im thinking to quit my job and take a work break.. will this affect my application in any way?

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
im thinking to quit my job and take a work break.. will this affect my application in any way?
No. You're free to do what you want. If you move out of the country for a bit, you will have to notify IRCC so they won't send a test/oath invite during that time.

Reactions: MEHA

Binree

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
guys passed test today 20/20.
Scarborough centre.
how much time for oath letter now?
It depends on you immigration officer and how speed to process you application and after turn ecas decision made . but it should be between 1 to 3 month .
For my test was at scarborough on december 30 and decision made 31 still waiting for oath maybe they will give very soon .

nshah32

Mar 25, 2014
Same timeline and no test invite yet.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 3, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 14, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on September 18, 2019.

I am with the following

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 19, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 27, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on October 4, 2019.

DanielQ

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Took test in Vancouver today and got 20/20. The lady told me I should be scheduled on the oath on 28th March. The time will be noticed on the email soon.

romaniangirl

Aug 12, 2015

Hello,

I have some questions in the Citizenship application form CIT002 E

Q 12b) tell us when you filed your income taxes in the last 5 years using the chart below.

I have landed first time in 2016 and filed taxes for 2016, 2017 and 2018.

• Do I need to write anything about 2019 tax year. (I have not filed for 2019, will file in April 2020).
  • In 2015 and 2014 I was in middle east and did not file taxes as, it was a tax-free country. I am a citizen of India, no taxes for foreign workers/NRIs in India. I did not file in India too. What should I write for the years 2015 and 2014. I want to write as - In Required to file and taxes filed columns. No and No ? Is it correct?
  • Is this tax information related to Canada only? or home country / tax in other country also applies here.
  • I am filing my application in march. Do I need to file 2019 tax before filing my citizenship app?
Q 13 Have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in any country other than Canada, including your country of birth?

• What should I list?
  • I am listing my Indian citizenship details.
  • I was a student in Europe for 2 years (which was not in my 5 year eligibility period). Do I need to list this.? As in the Q 13 it states under status as student/worker etc.
  • I was also working in the middle east during my eligibility period on work permit. Do I need to list his as well.?

Q 15 Language evidence.

I am currently full-time studying at a Canadian University and received 1st sem transcript (online print).

• Is transcript enough for language evidence. I did not completed the degree though.
  • Do I need to submit my old IELTS copy, when applied for PR.
Also have degrees from Europe and back home in English. I don’t want to submit those as I feel that my current Canadian transcript of 1 sem is enough for language evidence. Any suggestions?

Q In the online physical presence calculator.

• Should I mention the time, before landing in Canada/becoming PR.
  • I landed in 2016 and applying now in 2020.
  • In 2015 I was in middle east, should I mention this or not? As it is in my eligibility period, but I did not go out of Canada. I landed in 2016, So how will I be absent in 2015.
Please answer my questions. I appreciate your kind response.

Thanks a lot
Q12 refers to taxes in Canada, that's why they ask for SIN number and the table is split into taxes required and taxes filled. I only had 3 years of taxes to list (both required and filled). If you apply in March, I think it's ok not to file 2019, maybe you should search March 2019 forum and read the posts there, I applied in June and already filled the taxes for the previous year.

Q13 I only listed my home country citizenship. They only ask about citizenship, not residency.

I would submit all language proof, it's safer that way.

You should mention the waiting time for PR only if you applied inland, it counts as half, if you applied in your home country, you shouldn't mention it.

You should only mention time absence after you became a PR in the physical presence calculator.

Make sure you tick all the boxes, sign and date the documents accordingly, IRCC sends back an application if a box is not ticked.

Good luck with your application!

Reactions: visa_4all