+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2019 citizenship applicants

eghrs

Jun 23, 2019
My application was received on June 20, still no AOR. I called IRCC earlier today; they said they're still processing early June applications and they don't have me on the system. Meanwhile, I'm seeing others on the spreadsheet whose applications were received on a later date and already received their AORs. I checked my junk mail multiple times just in case. Anyone has info they could share? Thanks!

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
My application was received on June 20, still no AOR. I called IRCC earlier today; they said they're still processing early June applications and they don't have me on the system. Meanwhile, I'm seeing others on the spreadsheet whose applications were received on a later date and already received their AORs. I checked my junk mail multiple times just in case. Anyone has info they could share? Thanks!
Others have been told the same. I believe that the apps are reviewed and if complete they are distributed out for staff to enter into the system and issue the AOR. It probably depends on the speed of the person whose pile yours is in to get it entered.

Reactions: eghrs

eghrs

Jun 23, 2019
Others have been told the same. I believe that the apps are reviewed and if complete they are distributed out for staff to enter into the system and issue the AOR. It probably depends on the speed of the person whose pile yours is in to get it entered.
Thanks for your response!

adeeltax

Apr 21, 2014
I have been following this thread but did not mention about my application.
I have sent my application on June 17, received on June 20.
Day before yesterday, I had the same frustration and I was reading comments of other applicants on this forum.
While I was reading comments, I received AOR email by 12:30AM followed by AOR for my every single family members with 4/5 minutes interval.

It took 75 days for AOR, I was in an impression that I will get AOR way sooner since I have never left Canada after I moved here...
I think, CIC has a batch system regardless of who your, current nationality or how long you have been staying etc. etc.
I may be wrong but I think, when they receive an application then they store it in a box, once the box is full then it gets a batch # and so on....

Please don't worry, you will get your AOR soon.

batterypk1

Feb 4, 2016
LANDED..........
June 2016
Day before yesterday, I had the same frustration and I was reading comments of other applicants on this forum.
While I was reading comments, I received AOR email by 12:30AM followed by AOR for my every single family members with 4/5 minutes interval.

It took 75 days for AOR, I was in an impression that I will get AOR way sooner since I have never left Canada after I moved here...
I think, CIC has a batch system regardless of who your, current nationality or how long you have been staying etc. etc.
I may be wrong but I think, when they receive an application then they store it in a box, once the box is full then it gets a batch # and so on....

I tend to agree with your analysis. It looks like work is handed out in batches Some processers are faster than others. Once AOR is issued then it moves to a similar process by local processing center. However, each center is a little different depending upon staffing levels, experience as well as volume or backlogs.
I found the analysis sheets by location to be a useful indicator of how long my location might take.
Another consideration is whether one lives in a temporary processing location where the testing and oaths are only conducted a few times a year. In these instances it would make sense for them to collect enough applicants so that the expense of travelling is worthwhile. Hence the dates for these temporary visits is not published far In advance as it depends upon volume of applicants. Here in Victoria, there is only 1 or 2 applicants per month. So it makes sense for them to plan a visit every 6 months on average.
Regardless, the standard is to process within 12 months from AOR date.

carielilviztie

Dec 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 29, 2015 (Federal)
Nomination.....
CSQ December 15, 2014
Med's Request
July 13, 2015 and RPRF
Med's Done....
July 21, 2015 and Paid RPRF July 22, 2015
Interview........
Waived...
Passport Req..
February 01, 2016 (DECISION MADE on e-cas Feb 02, 2016)
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 01, 2016
LANDED..........
June 24, 2016
I checked my application status online and it says on #1. We received you application on June 27, 2019 and then on # 2. We sent you a study material "discover Canada on September 05, 2019". Is this what they call "In Process ECAS? because I didn't see the letter "IP" on it...

batterypk1

Feb 4, 2016
LANDED..........
June 2016
I checked my application status online and it says on #1. We received you application on June 27, 2019 and then on # 2. We sent you a study material "discover Canada on September 05, 2019". Is this what they call "In Process ECAS? because I didn't see the letter "IP" on it...
For those of us who received an email notification, the attached letter reads:
" - ...the Study guide is available on the IRCC website at ……
- If you are receiving this letter be regular mail, a print version of the study guide is enclosed."

Have you received an email notification or are you receiving a Mail notification?
It looks like the study guide is distributed at time of the AOR date.
If you look at the past months, almost all regular processing of IP is 6 to 8 weeks following the AOR date.

Aby444

Oct 10, 2014
Abuja
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16 - 05- 2016
LANDED..........
JUNE 26, 2016
That is what they call the AOR. after sometime there will be a third line saying "we started processing your application on ..."

vonsterfit

Aug 2, 2019
Guys, my ECAS shows my current mailing address to be that of my origin country. I don't know if this is a mistake or normal? I'm still awaiting my "Discover Canada" book and when I checked ECAS, I noticed that my home address (Canadian) and my mailing address is (origin country). I don't know how this happened!! Should I worry to change? or just leave it like that...Will "Test invite" and "Oath letter" come by email or letter? Thanks
The address you are seeing is from when you applied for your Permanent Residence. All your info carry over. When i called IRCC before i received my AOR, the address they have for me is the old address during my PR application. But i was advised by the agent, the address you listed in your application for Citizenship will reflect on your account once when receive your application and opened it (when you receive you AOR, your recent address should be the address listed on ECAS). My recent address is the address i see in my ECAS because it is what i used for my Citizenship Application. You can change it on the fly when youre on ECAS or call them if you have 1 hour to spare.

Reactions: TRUENORTH_4M_C2C

TRUENORTH_4M_C2C

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Ottawa
The address you are seeing is from when you applied for your Permanent Residence. All your info carry over. When i called IRCC before i received my AOR, the address they have for me is the old address during my PR application. But i was advised by the agent, the address you listed in your application for Citizenship will reflect on your account once when receive your application and opened it (when you receive you AOR, your recent address should be the address listed on ECAS). My recent address is the address i see in my ECAS because it is what i used for my Citizenship Application. You can change it on the fly when youre on ECAS or call them if you have 1 hour to spare.
Thank you vonsterfit

batterypk1

Feb 4, 2016
LANDED..........
June 2016
I have not seen any Aor activity today
Is it a holiday in Nova Scotia
I have been noticing the same thing. However, notice we are at 75% of AOR's in place. Usually this site gets to about that percentage then it sits more because we are not getting updates than because the IRRC has not been issuing. That said, I see there is one IP recorded which is a bit of a surprise yet possible.
Nova Scotia is expecting a Hurricane tomorrow so it is possible they are all busy boarding up their houses, getting gas, and food etc.
Still, we are likely close to done for the June applicants. Now it is time to watch the May IPs come in - and wait another two weeks before June starts to come in. The IPs seem to go at a slower pace.
(upon review of many sheets, it seems there has been little activity for any month's applicants since Sept 3. hmmmm)

eghrs

Jun 23, 2019

Thanks, Adeeltax.. really appreciate your comment. I agree with your analysis; makes sense. Good luck with your application!

free_palestinian

Star Member
May 4, 2016
I have been noticing the same thing. However, notice we are at 75% of AOR's in place. Usually this site gets to about that percentage then it sits more because we are not getting updates than because the IRRC has not been issuing. That said, I see there is one IP recorded which is a bit of a surprise yet possible.
Nova Scotia is expecting a Hurricane tomorrow so it is possible they are all busy boarding up their houses, getting gas, and food etc.
Still, we are likely close to done for the June applicants. Now it is time to watch the May IPs come in - and wait another two weeks before June starts to come in. The IPs seem to go at a slower pace.
(upon review of many sheets, it seems there has been little activity for any month's applicants since Sept 3. hmmmm)
Great observation
I think it’s the hurricane scare may God protect them