+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2019 citizenship applicants

Shey.

Jul 17, 2019
It is possible (worth a try) to see If it can be move to Vancouver? (Thinking it might be a sooner date)
Your application is probably with Vancouver office. Vancouver office is the one that processing your file, not the temporary office. Temporary office is only for tests, interviews and oaths. You can send a request asking to schedule your test and Oath at the Vancouver location and, as Chevy23 said, it could be granted or not. :)

batterypk1

Feb 4, 2016
LANDED..........
June 2016
Your application is probably with Vancouver office. Vancouver office is the one that processing your file, not the temporary office. Temporary office is only for tests, interviews and oaths. You can send a request asking to schedule your test and Oath at the Vancouver location and, as Chevy23 said, it could be granted or not. :)
yes but the question is Is there a way to tell if there is a backlog at Vancouver which would result in a test and oath later than the temp office date in Victoria in the spring? Anyway of knowing in advance of making the request?

Shey.

Jul 17, 2019
if there is a backlog at Vancouver
I don't think that anybody can answer this question. You could ask to place you for the test and interview in Vancouver or Victoria whichever will be available first. Just state that you are okay to be invited for the test to Vancouver. Keep in mind, that the test and Oath usually are not going together so if they invite you for the test to Vancouver it doesn't mean that there will be the Oath on the same day. It can result in you will have to do the second trip to Vancouver for it (or wait for them to come to Victoria).
It's totally up to the officer on your case, you have very little to no influence in this matter.

an74

Nov 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad to London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUGUST 30 2004
File Transfer...
APR 2011
Med's Request
01-10-2012
Med's Done....
09-10-2012
Passport Req..
24-10-2012. PP RECEIVED LVO 29 OCT, Decesion made line added Nov 13, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-11-2012, PP returned back 20-11-2012
LANDED..........
Jun 2013 got PR card August 20 2013
Hi all. I received AOR an hour ago.

Application Delivered: June 17.

Please update the excel sheet.
So we can expect AOR in Saturday as well! yours on Saturday...

batterypk1

Feb 4, 2016
LANDED..........
June 2016
Our own AOR was received today and the tracker updated.
App sent June 10
App received June 13

Next date to monitor is IP date which we forecast for Thanksgiving week

Aby444

Oct 10, 2014
Abuja
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16 - 05- 2016
LANDED..........
JUNE 26, 2016
App sent June 10
App received June 13

Congrats @batterypk1 you are ahead of your labor day prediction. I hope it all goes faster :)

VPCanada

Star Member
Aug 6, 2019
App sent June 10
App received June 13

Congrats! Going from AOR to IP can happen within 6 weeks. For Daddaxbaby from Victoria (May), he went to IP 38 days after AOR and for User1982 from Vancouver (June), it happened just 3 days after AOR! I hope you get your IP very soon.;)

batterypk1

Feb 4, 2016
LANDED..........
June 2016
Congrats! Going from AOR to IP can happen within 6 weeks. For Daddaxbaby from Victoria (May), he went to IP 38 days after AOR and for User1982 from Vancouver (June), it happened just 3 days after AOR! I hope you get your IP very soon.;)
Thanks My theory is the duration is also influenced by when the next Visit is to Victoria. If one is coming soon they respond to fit them in. However, if one has missed the next window then it could take time. Based on what I see, we likely missed the September visit so the next Visit would be in Maybe March. I like your optimism though. :):)

xceptional88

Jul 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
AOR Received.
PER: 14-11-2014
IELTS Request
Already Submitted
Help Please.

I submitted my application on June 12 and recieved AOR aug 22.

i am going home country Dec 27 to Jan 25. Would it overlap with me being required here foer interview or test date?

what if I miss those?

VPCanada

Star Member
Aug 6, 2019
Thanks My theory is the duration is also influenced by when the next Visit is to Victoria. If one is coming soon they respond to fit them in. However, if one has missed the next window then it could take time. Based on what I see, we likely missed the September visit so the next Visit would be in Maybe March. I like your optimism though. :):)
Hi,
Are you talking about In Process stage or the whole process?
I think the system works like this:
Sydney office receives all Citizenship applications first.
They input paper applications into their systems (data entry) and email AOR to applicants at Sydney office then they transfer each application to its final CPC for further processing. CPC (Case Processing Center) is a office that process and finalize applications after AOR. Sydney itself is a CPC too (deals with a part of applications).
When CPC received application from Sydney, they change status to "In Process".
CPC's existing backlog can cause further delays for processing applications.
We can assume that for those applications receive IP just after AOR, CPC can be Sydney office and application just move from one room to another.;)

Last edited:

VPCanada

Star Member
Aug 6, 2019
Help Please.

I submitted my application on June 12 and recieved AOR aug 22.

i am going home country Dec 27 to Jan 25. Would it overlap with me being required here foer interview or test date?

what if I miss those?
If your test date would be in your trip dates then you can ask them to change it for you to the first available date after you return to Canada.

xceptional88

Jul 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
AOR Received.
PER: 14-11-2014
IELTS Request
Already Submitted
If your test date would be in your trip dates then you can ask them to change it for you to the first available date after you return to Canada.
That's it? Nothing to lose no harm? I was getting worried that I will have to rush back. I heard from few people that they had to rush or go back for their test or something - are re-scheduling too far?