+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2019 citizenship applicants

Application2019

Star Member
Jun 4, 2019
Hi, Guys
Hopefully every one is doing good.
I would like to ask that, once you get your AOR than, Can IRRC officer ask more documents or not?
If yes than what type of documents?
What about finger prints in what situations?

Thankyou in advance for helping me

batterypk1

Feb 4, 2016
LANDED..........
June 2016
I am in Fort St John, BC and have no idea where my application will be processed. Edmonton, AB is a 7 hour drive, Vancouver, BC is 14 hours.
Also, I am exempt from language and knowledge testing due to my age.
Does anyone know how the location of application processing is determined?
Does anyone know if exemption from tests, due to age speeds up the decision process?
And how do I know where my local office is? I am in a rural are in the North.
Thank you.
Once you have your AOR and IP, it might make sense for you to speak with IRRC by phoning their help line, I have read where some individuals are given a choice to have their processing and oath in the same location on the same day. It stands to reason that they might be receptive to a similar request from you. I have no knowledge of this topic but I have read other blog posts where such discussions have been shared.

Reactions: Snowisland

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
I am in Fort St John, BC and have no idea where my application will be processed. Edmonton, AB is a 7 hour drive, Vancouver, BC is 14 hours.
Does anyone know if exemption from tests, due to age speeds up the decision process?
Thank you.
You will likely go to Prince George at a temporary IRCC office.
People living far away from processing offices are invited to temp offices. If all background checks are completed you should be invited to do the Interview and Oath same day or next day, depending on the office hours.

Applicants from Terrace go to PG and applicants from North Vancouver Island (like myself) go to Victoria or Parksville.
This link gives you the date range of the temp offices.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/find-temporary-offices.html

The officer processing the application makes the decision as to if an applicant goes to a temporary office or not.
Its usually based on the residential address in the application form and is not something that can be requested.

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
Thank you.
Adding on from my previous post..

1. Location based.
2. It might do, but its unlikely.
3. Application processed at either Vancouver or Surrey. Interview and Oath likely in Prince George.

Reactions: Snowisland

MEHA

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
Doc's Request.
RCMP
AOR Received.
22-June-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Hi,

Please add my details

Single applicant
Physical presence: 1124
Application sent :June 25
Application received : June 28

batterypk1

Feb 4, 2016
LANDED..........
June 2016
Adding on from my previous post..

1. Location based.
2. It might do, but its unlikely.
3. Application processed at either Vancouver or Surrey. Interview and Oath likely in Prince George.
WOW this is fantastic to know THANKS so much
We are in Victoria. The links you provided say
If you have an appointment at one of our temporary offices and you want to go to one of our permanent offices instead, contact us by using our Web form. Only contact us if:
you have an appointment, or

• your eCAS application status shows that you are waiting for an appointment.

Hence this raises a few question. Since it says those subject to a temporary office can request a Permanent office - that seems to suggest we actually can request a different location In our case we'd be happy to do Vancouver or Calgary or Toronto or even Ottawa. It looks like one uses the Web form once one has the eCAS awaiting an appointment.

Do you have a view or knowledge if this interpretation is correct (I is what is says).

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
WOW this is fantastic to know THANKS so much
We are in Victoria. The links you provided say
If you have an appointment at one of our temporary offices and you want to go to one of our permanent offices instead, contact us by using our Web form. Only contact us if:
you have an appointment, or

• your eCAS application status shows that you are waiting for an appointment.

Hence this raises a few question. Since it says those subject to a temporary office can request a Permanent office - that seems to suggest we actually can request a different location In our case we'd be happy to do Vancouver or Calgary or Toronto or even Ottawa. It looks like one uses the Web form once one has the eCAS awaiting an appointment.

Do you have a view or knowledge if this interpretation is correct (I is what is says).
Yes it does say that you can request to move to a permanent office.
However, it is unlikely that a request will be granted for a permanent office within a different province. But there is no harm in requesting this.

The approval of such a request will be at the discretion of the officer reviewing your file.
From other postings I have read, unless you move province (and request an office change), then your application will remain in the original province.

batterypk1

Feb 4, 2016
LANDED..........
June 2016
Yes it does say that you can request to move to a permanent office.
However, it is unlikely that a request will be granted for a permanent office within a different province. But there is no harm in requesting this.

The approval of such a request will be at the discretion of the officer reviewing your file.
From other postings I have read, unless you move province (and request an office change), then your application will remain in the original province.
Thanks useful to know
BUT
It is possible (worth a try) to see If it can be move to Vancouver? (Thinking it might be a sooner date)

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
Thanks useful to know
BUT
It is possible (worth a try) to see If it can be move to Vancouver? (Thinking it might be a sooner date)
Definitely request it. I think you have a good chance with Vancouver but not Calgary, Ottawa or Toronto.

Also, if Vancouver is backlogged then it may be a longer date than the temp office. Or the temp office could be backlogged. This I don't know.

Last edited:

hafm

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Hi all, just got my AoR.
Family of 2
Physical presence: 1191
Application sent :June 7
Application received : June 10
AoR received: August 26th

batterypk1

Feb 4, 2016
LANDED..........
June 2016
Hi all, just got my AoR.
Family of 2
Physical presence: 1191
Application sent :June 7
Application received : June 10
AoR received: August 26th
Congrats you Have been added to the tracker

an74

Nov 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad to London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUGUST 30 2004
File Transfer...
APR 2011
Med's Request
01-10-2012
Med's Done....
09-10-2012
Passport Req..
24-10-2012. PP RECEIVED LVO 29 OCT, Decesion made line added Nov 13, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-11-2012, PP returned back 20-11-2012
LANDED..........
Jun 2013 got PR card August 20 2013
Hi, Guys
Hopefully every one is doing good.
I would like to ask that, once you get your AOR than, Can IRRC officer ask more documents or not?
If yes than what type of documents?
What about finger prints in what situations?

Thankyou in advance for helping me
Yes still they can ask for more documents (if they need more info about your employment, transcripts, birth certificate, etc)
If you applied previously for a police certificate in Canada, and you were required for the fingerprints, then most likely they will ask you again for fingerprints. They only ask for fingerprints if your name, last name, date of birth or any other information match with someone in their database. For me, need fingerprints every time I apply for a volunteer position or apply for any police check and is waiting for the same now (lolz). So if they ask, it is just an administrative procedure.