+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2019 citizenship applicants

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Do you think those who applied on June will all have our Oath Taking ceremony schedule by early January next year? The passport will only take 2 weeks processing right?
Hard to say. If you look at the 2018 spreadsheet of June applicants here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UVvKb4Sem00uOCyB2kTeM2_AofgT_8b4uTJyBh9pXdg/edit#gid=1870160571, looks like the average processing time is 314 days from submission to oath. There are a few who took the oath in Jan/Feb, but majority seem to have completed in March - May 2019.
Again, it isn't a big enough or reliable enough dataset to base assumptions on, given that every case differs significantly.

And yes, passport can be obtained urgently, or:
  • in person at a passport office: 10 business days
  • in person at a Service Canada receiving agent: 20 business days
  • by mail: 20 business days

VPCanada

Star Member
Aug 6, 2019
my application was returned yesterday

june 4 - sent to Sydney
june 7 - receieved
aug 6 - returned incomplete (birth certificate missing)

i will be sending the application again today, will that means i will be an August applicant?

In your returned application, did they write anything (like signature, code,...) on your main application form?

minsky

May 19, 2010
Edmonton
Visa Office......
From inside canada
App. Filed.......
August 8 , 2014
Doc's Request.
July 2, 2015 (T4 & NOA 2014)
AOR Received.
October 30, 2014
Med's Request
Feb. 4, 2016
Med's Done....
Feb. 9, 2016
Interview........
RPRF : March 3, 2016
LANDED..........
April 20, 2016
In your returned application, did they write anything (like signature, code,...) on your main application form?
i saw a sign initial CJL, already couriered it back to Nova Scotia today.

Thanks,

VPCanada

Star Member
Aug 6, 2019
i saw a sign initial CJL, already couriered it back to Nova Scotia today.

Thanks,
I think they open arrived application packages just after delivery date and put them on a queue until the date (two months later) they start checking them for completeness and other things. In your case it is possible when they open your new application's envelope, they can see it is already checked for completeness by CJL before (with that sign) so they can forward it to CJL to continue his/her process and it means you can get your AOR few days after delivery date.
Please let us know if it is happened.

SUE Q

May 30, 2019
I am a June 2 applicant whose package was returned that my calculations were wrong. I knew my dates was correct so I contacted my MP who got on to IRCC and got back to me that my calculations were correct and I am to resend package with a letter explaining my situation . I wrote to explain what happened. I am wondering if I will be placed at the back of the line or fall back in place as the error was not mine . These people are so inept and we pay the price..

VPCanada

Star Member
Aug 6, 2019
I am a June 2 applicant whose package was returned that my calculations were wrong. I knew my dates was correct so I contacted my MP who got on to IRCC and got back to me that my calculations were correct and I am to resend package with a letter explaining my situation . I wrote to explain what happened. I am wondering if I will be placed at the back of the line or fall back in place as the error was not mine . These people are so inept and we pay the price..
Did you use online presence calculator tool?

lexxy

Jan 14, 2016
Visa Office......
cpc-mississauga
App. Filed.......
28 nov 2014
AOR Received.
6 feb 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront..20 jan 2016
LANDED..........
8 july 2016
sorry to hear that...

lexxy

Jan 14, 2016
Visa Office......
cpc-mississauga
App. Filed.......
28 nov 2014
AOR Received.
6 feb 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront..20 jan 2016
LANDED..........
8 july 2016
my application was returned based on wrong calculation of physical presence days.

Aby444

Oct 10, 2014
Abuja
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16 - 05- 2016
LANDED..........
JUNE 26, 2016
my application was returned based on wrong calculation of physical presence days.
Hi Lexxy,

Did you already get your app back? what date is the letter dated? If that is the case, it seems like the return periods for applications have shortened.
How many days were you off? did you have a lot of outside Canada trips?

I am asking so many questions as I only gave a buffer of 4 days and I traveled outside the country 3 times.

Thanks

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Sorry to hear that

immshunli

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh my goodness, what happened? Did they specify what kinda miscalculation? This scares the crap out of me, I hope you can figure out the problem and resend ASAP.

lexxy

Jan 14, 2016
Visa Office......
cpc-mississauga
App. Filed.......
28 nov 2014
AOR Received.
6 feb 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront..20 jan 2016
LANDED..........
8 july 2016
Oh my goodness, what happened? Did they specify what kinda miscalculation? This scares the crap out of me, I hope you can figure out the problem and resend ASAP.
I actually just resent it now with a letter explaining my physical presence and a backup document with a new calculation.

Last edited:

erwinjohn997

Nov 4, 2014
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
11-07-2019
AOR Received.
waiting..
I actually just resend it now with a letter explaining my physical presence and a backup document with a new calculation.

whoaa! what happen to yoir physical presence calculations? anything wrong with it? I'm sorry to hear that!