+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2019 citizenship applicants

hizzoscott

Jan 21, 2012
i have been posting in the Scarborough thread and haven't updated here. i will post my updated timeline below........... for all that is still waiting i urge you to email those agents using the test/interview email. notice on my timeline that i emailed and the results. if i didn't email or get notes i surely believe i wouldn't get the test. after the test i was willing to wait thinking it would roll on its own but i sent an email again and got an interview ,decided to wait again and sent an email after some time and now waiting for my oath on June 2. their last response to my last email was that my email is not what is triggering the events but i was already in que but every event ? and for my virtual oath ill be wearing a hard hat and construction vest i have lost all joy for the proves
  • Aug 30, 2019 Application filed
  • Oct 22, 2019 Background verification activity status updated
  • Sep 10, 2021 Citizenship test activity status updated (had to apply to the notes and send email to trigger imo)
  • Sep 24, 2021 Citizenship test activity status updated(i passed)
  • Mar 29, 2022 Interview required (had to apply to the notes and send email to trigger imo)
  • May 12, 2022 Everything updated to complete after interview.
  • Apr 5, 2022 DM in ecas
  • Jun 2, 2022 Scheduled for Citizenship oath (After my email which the claim don't trigger anything)

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i have been posting in the Scarborough thread and haven't updated here. i will post my updated timeline below........... for all that is still waiting i urge you to email those agents using the test/interview email. notice on my timeline that i emailed and the results. if i didn't email or get notes i surely believe i wouldn't get the test. after the test i was willing to wait thinking it would roll on its own but i sent an email again and got an interview ,decided to wait again and sent an email after some time and now waiting for my oath on June 2. their last response to my last email was that my email is not what is triggering the events but i was already in que but every event ? and for my virtual oath ill be wearing a hard hat and construction vest i have lost all joy for the proves
  • Aug 30, 2019 Application filed
  • Oct 22, 2019 Background verification activity status updated
  • Sep 10, 2021 Citizenship test activity status updated (had to apply to the notes and send email to trigger imo)
  • Sep 24, 2021 Citizenship test activity status updated(i passed)
  • Mar 29, 2022 Interview required (had to apply to the notes and send email to trigger imo)
  • May 12, 2022 Everything updated to complete after interview.
  • Apr 5, 2022 DM in ecas
  • Jun 2, 2022 Scheduled for Citizenship oath (After my email which the claim don't trigger anything)
Thank you your post and congrats on receiving the oath. Can you please share the email address you emailed?

vonsterfit

Aug 2, 2019
Finally getting some movement on my file. I have my interview scheduled in 2 weeks. I have everything printed out for my address, work experiences, and travel history during my eligibility years. I can't believe I'm still at this stage. I sent mine June 2019. Lol.

My timeline this year:
March 2022 - Exam completed
May 2022 - Was requested to send passport photocopies.
Aug 2022 - received an interview invite via Microsoft teams in 2 weeks.

Crossing my fingers I get the oath invite shortly after.

Reactions: rishisingh86

Tgvk

Oct 21, 2021
Finally getting some movement on my file. I have my interview scheduled in 2 weeks. I have everything printed out for my address, work experiences, and travel history during my eligibility years. I can't believe I'm still at this stage. I sent mine June 2019. Lol.

My timeline this year:
March 2022 - Exam completed
May 2022 - Was requested to send passport photocopies.
Aug 2022 - received an interview invite via Microsoft teams in 2 weeks.

Crossing my fingers I get the oath invite shortly after.
Good luck

vonsterfit

Aug 2, 2019
Just finished my online interview. Basically it was very casual. Just verification of things that i already submitted. The whole interview lasted about 15 minutes. As for when the citizenship oath invitation is coming, the officer didn't give any time line. i was just told that they will review all the docs and if nothing further is needed, i will be sent the oath invitation. Before ending the call i asked the officer if everything is good, the officer just responded, it appears to be that way. so basically a waiting game now. Goodluck everyone to those still waiting. lol

Reactions: Dreamlad

Tgvk

Oct 21, 2021
Good luck. I just completed my journey and waiting to get my canadian passport tomorrow. I applied On May 2019 for canadian citizenship. It was a frustrating journey.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Just finished my online interview. Basically it was very casual. Just verification of things that i already submitted. The whole interview lasted about 15 minutes. As for when the citizenship oath invitation is coming, the officer didn't give any time line. i was just told that they will review all the docs and if nothing further is needed, i will be sent the oath invitation. Before ending the call i asked the officer if everything is good, the officer just responded, it appears to be that way. so basically a waiting game now. Goodluck everyone to those still waiting. lol
5 months after the interview...

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Good luck. I just completed my journey and waiting to get my canadian passport tomorrow. I applied On May 2019 for canadian citizenship. It was a frustrating journey.
It's been 3 years and you only finished interview?

Star Member
Jul 4, 2021
I’m a June 2019 applicant just like all of you on here. I just became a Canadian yesterday. I’m still waiting for the certificate to come in the mail to apply for the passport but I took my oath and everything is completed on the tracker. Vonsterfit if you’re in Canada, then you should get your oath within a month time frame after the interview. They tend to delay oath invites to those outside of Canada because it is a requirement to be in Canada for your oath. You’re almost at the finish line as well. The journey was frustrating but I’m finally a Canadian!

vonsterfit

Aug 2, 2019
I’m a June 2019 applicant just like all of you on here. I just became a Canadian yesterday. I’m still waiting for the certificate to come in the mail to apply for the passport but I took my oath and everything is completed on the tracker. Vonsterfit if you’re in Canada, then you should get your oath within a month time frame after the interview. They tend to delay oath invites to those outside of Canada because it is a requirement to be in Canada for your oath. You’re almost at the finish line as well. The journey was frustrating but I’m finally a Canadian!
Congratulations to you!!!! How's the passport application looking? Hope it's not a long wait for that! I am very happy for you!
Finally I got my Oath invitation for September 15. Holy cow the long journey is about to end! Woot woot!

tazbed

May 4, 2021
Seeing some progress on my file now finally.
Local Office: London ON
Jun 28, 2019 Application filed
Nov 05, 2019 AOR
Nov 07, 2019 Background completed
May 31, 2021 Citizenship test activity status updated
Jun 04, 2021 Test scheduled
Jun 07, 2021 Passed test
Nov 22, 2022 Interview required
Dec 06, 2022 Interview completed
Dec 08, 2022 Everything completed on tracker, oath not started

The interview was very straightforward, nothing out of the ordinary, verification of a few things in the application. Agent asked if I prefer online or in-person oath. Waiting for the ceremony now.

tazbed

May 4, 2021
Not sure if anyone is still active on here but my final update in case it helps anyone

Local Office: London ON
Jun 28, 2019 Application filed
Nov 05, 2019 AOR
Nov 07, 2019 Background completed
May 31, 2021 Citizenship test activity status updated
Jun 04, 2021 Test scheduled
Jun 07, 2021 Passed test
Nov 22, 2022 Interview required
Dec 06, 2022 Interview completed
Dec 08, 2022 Everything completed on tracker, oath not started
Dec 15, 2022 Oath scheduled
Jan 24, 2023 Oath ceremony (Online)
Jan 31, 2023 Tracker completed
Feb 2, 2023 Certificate received

London office email (which they answer within minutes) IRCC.DNCitLONScheduling-ConvocationLONCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Niagara scheduling office email (also prompt replies) IRCC.DNCitNGFScheduling04-ConvocationNGFCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Montreal Boy 2020

Feb 13, 2020
Hello, how was your interview? is it hard? do they need also new pictures, also applied in 2019 and will have my interview this week. please let me know a bit about interview experience. thank you

tazbed

May 4, 2021
Hello, how was your interview? is it hard? do they need also new pictures, also applied in 2019 and will have my interview this week. please let me know a bit about interview experience. thank you
My interview was online. It took about 10 minutes. The agent asked to verify my identity with a few IDs then asked me a question about a date in my passport as I had made a mistake on my calculator. Once she was clear as to the mistake (and made small talk to make sure I speak English or French), she let me know that my oath was going to be scheduled soon and to look out for the tracker and email. The interview has nothing to do with with pictures and it’s not difficult. It is just to verify parts/all of your application.