+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2019 citizenship applicants

baba1234

Aug 4, 2011
Be as a PR for ever, are you interested to join politics or vote for the politicians then you need otherwise being a PR is enough.

Babyboy_legolas

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Hi,

Here is my situation:

Myself and wife both are June 2019 applicants, we received our citizenship test on 20 January 2020 and we both cleared the test with 20/20 marks. We both were interviewed on the same day -Jan 20,2020 and thought that we might get oath soon but then Covid happened and things started getting delayed. We didn't get oath invite till October 2020 and then I started sending them case specific inquiry but in vain. They were just replying with standard reply that delayed due to covid .In the meantime I was offered a job in USA so I sent webform for urgent processing and the reason I gave them was fake (federal job).I got oath request but again twist in the story-Only myself got an oath invite but not for my wife.
Now the scenario is I have become Canadian citizen in November 2020 and moved to USA and still waiting for oath for my wife and she is in Canada.

Our Visa office is Edmonton. We have sent them a number of case specific inquiry but they are just sending std. reply that process is delayed due to covid.

Experts please advise -what can be done. Last time my wife sent a case specific inquiry stating that husband moved to USA for job so requested to approve oath but again same std.reply.

Thanks,
You should delete this post. You can lose you citizenship.

Reactions: BOYX and carl321

goodvibe

Jun 26, 2019
Hello
I just got an email for interview and request to submit copies of pages my international passport. I had my test a month ago. I didnt not leave the country within the five years eligibility period. Has anyone had this experience? What was the interview for and what was your experience if you have?. Im just wandering why. To think i was scheduled for test and oat last year. Now this extra delay

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello
I just got an email for interview and request to submit copies of pages my international passport. I had my test a month ago. I didnt not leave the country within the five years eligibility period. Has anyone had this experience? What was the interview for and what was your experience if you have?. Im just wandering why. To think i was scheduled for test and oat last year. Now this extra delay
nothing to worry it sounds like your app was picked for an audit.. they do this randomly. Don’t worry about it

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Hello
Yeah, it is quite common to check your passport pages. Where are you located?

matlal

Apr 28, 2010
Ontario,Canada
Visa Office......
New Dehli
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 1,2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR - New Delhi - April 27,2010
File Transfer...
March 24,2010
Med's Request
27-04-2011
Med's Done....
06-05-2011
Passport Req..
27-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
Feb 26 2012
Go withdraw application apply later when everything get normal so withdraw and take back your money.
Not sure, how that approach is going to help. There might be delays. However, going the rigmarole or withdrawing and chasing for refund and going thru the entire application process, is rather cumbersome.

Hypatia

Star Member
Feb 22, 2014
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Scarborough, ON
App. Filed.......
15-06-2020
You could also ask for a copy to be mailed to you, just in case.
Hi @engray and @matlal. I wanted to ask something for clarification please. With regards to fingerprints, I'm getting confused between the flow of information between the accredited agency, RCMP and IRCC. Would it be correct to say that after the accredited agency sends the FPs to RCMP, the RCMP gets directly in touch with IRCC?

Also, do us, applicants, get notified as to when the FPs were received? I wanted some visibility into this, as I want to minimize the risk of any information getting lost along the way, in light of the IRCC's 90 day time limit. Thanks very much!

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi @engray and @matlal. I wanted to ask something for clarification please. With regards to fingerprints, I'm getting confused between the flow of information between the accredited agency, RCMP and IRCC. Would it be correct to say that after the accredited agency sends the FPs to RCMP, the RCMP gets directly in touch with IRCC?

Also, do us, applicants, get notified as to when the FPs were received? I wanted some visibility into this, as I want to minimize the risk of any information getting lost along the way, in light of the IRCC's 90 day time limit. Thanks very much!
Hi Hypatia, I don't believe IRCC will inform you that they received anything from the RCMP, but you can always check with them over the phone or webform.
I think the process goes like Agency->RCMP->IRCC. You can ask the agency to put in a request to send a copy to you as well once RCMP has finalized the request (I'm not 100% sure if this is possible).
Just make sure to take the letter that you received from IRCC. Call the agency that is going to take your FP for more clarification on the process. I have done a couple FPs for security clearances in the past and it takes about 10 minutes from start to finish :)

Reactions: Hypatia and BOYX