Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
You got the email about the cancellation of the ceremony? I didn't
COVID-19: safety measures

To keep everyone safe, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada is cancelling all citizenship ceremonies, tests and retests, and itinerant service trips as of March 14, 2020, until further notice. Please check this page regularly for up-to-date information

The above is from the temporary oath location page

Reactions: carl321

hizzoscott

Jan 21, 2012
I think if CIC has to postpone the oath due to the Corona-virus, it means the majority of the government departments will be closed, and this action may cause huge impact on the economy. I don't think they gonna postpone the oath in the next few month unless the government has no chance to do so.
seems like you are about the economy more than them lol
great way to be hopeful but this situation will bring everything to AN halt

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
My oath is cancelled , received email on March 15th , it was supposed to happen on March 25th but now cancelled :p , Better to stay home and stay safe . Avoid the mass gathering

e1v2a0n6

Jun 24, 2014
My oath was supposed to be on March 13th in Montreal and it got cancelled on March 12th due to COVID-19.
No more further information.

Canadamylove2020

Feb 8, 2020
Question to everyone please :

Generally speaking when the processing time is said to be 12 months on CIC website this should start counting from which date on my timeline ?

From date of receiving application or from Acknolwlegment of Reciept or from date of start processing ?

My timeline is as follows :

19th of June 2019 : application recieved
28th of Aug 2019 : Acknowledgement of reciept sent
9th of October 2019 : start processing the application

Thank you all

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018

Generally speaking when the processing time is said to be 12 months on CIC website this should start counting from which date on my timeline ?

From date of receiving application or from Acknolwlegment of Reciept or from date of start processing ?

Thank you all
12 Months from the date of receipt i.e 19th June 2019.

batterypk1

Feb 4, 2016
LANDED..........
June 2016

Thank you all
To be quite exact - it is NOT a guarantee within 12 months. It is a target. Many go far beyond depending upon circumstances. I personally think we will have MANY who wait FAR BEYOND the 12 months given this Global emergency. ALL TEMPORARY LOCATIONS are on hold until this passes. MANY Oath ceremonies it not ALL might be delayed. Tests might be delayed unless they introduce electronic means.

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I’m on the same timeline.. I think I should extend my pr card since it’s 8/9 months away from expiring but due to given circumstances not sure what to do.. of course I don’t think they are processing anything

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Received a generic cancellation notice today, as I had an oath scheduled for April 20.
Email stated that IRCC will contact us at a “later date” to reschedule. Vague enough to give them room to extend processing times.
We are all in for the long haul, so hope everyone is staying safe.

vonsterfit

Aug 2, 2019
Hope everyone is staying safe. Its now mid april, my application has not moved since October. Last update on my ECAS was that they send me correspondent in regards to background check. Went outside the country for few months. Back in December i had to request a transfer of my docs from Vancouver to Toronto and they confirmed the transfer was successful and received in the Scarborough office. I came back end of February in Canada (Toronto). Called CIC around early March (luckily before they closed and got an update) and i was told that my background check cleared fine and that my application will move forward to the next stage which is writing the exam. But up to now, i have not heard anything! Is anyone in the same boat??? I guess mine will surely extend the 1 year time line.

Canadamylove2020

Feb 8, 2020
Hope everyone is staying safe. Its now mid april, my application has not moved since October. Last update on my ECAS was that they send me correspondent in regards to background check. Went outside the country for few months. Back in December i had to request a transfer of my docs from Vancouver to Toronto and they confirmed the transfer was successful and received in the Scarborough office. I came back end of February in Canada (Toronto). Called CIC around early March (luckily before they closed and got an update) and i was told that my background check cleared fine and that my application will move forward to the next stage which is writing the exam. But up to now, i have not heard anything! Is anyone in the same boat??? I guess mine will surely extend the 1 year time line.
Hi Vonsterfit

I think many of us here are in the same boat with myself included having no updates since last update/notification of processing start and then nothing

Mine is AOR 28th of Aug 2019 & start of processing on 9th of October 2019. My application is in Hamilton office and still waiting for the test invite through Email or Ecas

According to the feedback of our colleagues here the processing timeframe of 12 months counts from the date of reciept of the application. This implies that in normal conditions (excluding COVID-19 effect) for all of us here as June 2019 applicants this processing time frame should end by may/june 2020 and we should be getting test invites before this date . However with the current conditions for sure it will extend longer and i think we will have to lower our expectations unfortunately

The main question is : with the ongoing lockdown are they at least processing & screening the applications behind close doors to keep the older backlog moving without conducting tests/oath ceremonies or is everything simply put at halt ?

batterypk1

Feb 4, 2016
LANDED..........
June 2016
Hi Vonsterfit

I think many of us here are in the same boat with myself included having no updates since last update/notification of processing start and then nothing

Mine is AOR 28th of Aug 2019 & start of processing on 9th of October 2019. My application is in Hamilton office and still waiting for the test invite through Email or Ecas

According to the feedback of our colleagues here the processing timeframe of 12 months counts from the date of reciept of the application. This implies that in normal conditions (excluding COVID-19 effect) for all of us here as June 2019 applicants this processing time frame should end by may/june 2020 and we should be getting test invites before this date . However with the current conditions for sure it will extend longer and i think we will have to lower our expectations unfortunately

The main question is : with the ongoing lockdown are they at least processing & screening the applications behind close doors to keep the older backlog moving without conducting tests/oath ceremonies or is everything simply put at halt ?
I think we would all be prudent to add one year to our processing times. I know that sounds like a lot but there is a back log underway. I would hazard to guess that its September before they are back in business AND that's only if there is not a second breakout. The pandemic will change how all of this is done. IRCC Citizenship is NOT the highest priority. Nor should it be..

Reactions: Aby444

hssam

Star Member
Jan 30, 2014
Hello guys, i have an unfortunate case! i hv applied for my citizenship on 29th May 2018. Got the test date for Dec 2018 but i hv requested for another date.
the new date was 14th March 2019. i have passed the test but unfortunately the officer there while reviewing my details saw that i had done a mistake in one of the travel dates. instead of 5th May i hv put 12th may which has reduced my physical presence to 1093. They also saw another day where i hv missed my flight on 24th sep just at the gate so i flew again on 25th sep. The officer didnt put any date so technically i hv left Canada on 24th but the fact is i hv left on 25th. later on in june 2019 i was asked to giv explanation to these absences but so far no news. cn anyone help wht might happen to this file ? did anyone see similar case in the past where the physical presence was corrected after passing the citizenship test ?