+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****June 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Aleen

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Canada
I was planning for GCMS notes. But seems like that will be a waste of time.
This is really frustrating!!!!!
Some files are moving with lightning speed and some unlucky like us waiting n waiting with lots of frustration.
This is simply not acceptable but we are so helpless to do anything except waiting :-(
It takes 30 days to receive the notes, after that wait when I saw nothing happened since August this was frustrating. It's been 10 months!

Reactions: dorkismalorkis

Aleen

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Canada
Sydney AUS. was 1 of the fastest V.Office in the world before they equalized processing times for all countries. In your case more time is taken by Missi... Now it depends what they have to check and remarks went with the file. Eventually file had to be sent to Applicant's country. So it could be v good sign as well. :)
I still don't understand why the file went to Mississauga, I saw other people got approval from Mississauga and never went ro local vo!
I submitted to Mississauga in the beginning, the day I mailed my application they changed the address to Sydney Nova Scotia, so my file was transferred from Mississauga to Sydney NS, Sydney NS to Mississauga , then Mississauga to Sydney Australia, like literally all that happened is file transferred, from one agent to another, with no notes no updates,

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
I still don't understand why the file went to Mississauga, I saw other people got approval from Mississauga and never went ro local vo!
I submitted to Mississauga in the beginning, the day I mailed my application they changed the address to Sydney Nova Scotia, so my file was transferred from Mississauga to Sydney NS, Sydney NS to Mississauga , then Mississauga to Sydney Australia, like literally all that happened is file transferred, from one agent to another, with no notes no updates,
There is an operational Bulletin OBO tat if some file is very simple clear ; it will be dealt with rt here in Canada. Many got Visa from Mississauga within 6 total months. May do your own search

Aleen

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Canada
There is an operational Bulletin OBO tat if some file is very simple clear ; it will be dealt with rt here in Canada. Many got Visa from Mississauga within 6 total months. May do your own search
I heard that, and my file is simple, all fees paid, for my case when it went to Missi I got happy, but apparently the file was sitting there from Aug to Jan (as per gcms notes) and eventually went to local vo, they haven't started reviewing eligibility yet, so what was the point of Mississauga that's what I'm wondering, if simple files go to Missi, my applicationShould have been approved by now, the gcms frustrated me more

Reactions: dorkismalorkis

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
I heard that, and my file is simple, all fees paid, for my case when it went to Missi I got happy, but apparently the file was sitting there from Aug to Jan (as per gcms notes) and eventually went to local vo, they haven't started reviewing eligibility yet, so what was the point of Mississauga that's what I'm wondering, if simple files go to Missi, my applicationShould have been approved by now, the gcms frustrated me more
U R right however even after reaching MISSI>>> file is reviewed by a V/officer. And he may decide to finalize here or further send to VO for minor clarifications.. OK Take care

dorkismalorkis

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Canada and Costa Rica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
30-12-2019
AOR Received.
01-29-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
LANDED..........
02-02-2019
hello all,
I have sponsored my wife on June 13, 2018.

Here is the current status from online tool:
Application step Current status
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

The medical was received on December 24th, 2018. After that no email or communication. I am bit worried.
ANYONE IN THE SAME BOAT???
OR ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Thanks//
I am in the same boat. I called today. They all tell me, and my MP to keep waiting. It's a 12 month process minimum.
My online tool reads the exact same. It has been 1 month since medicals passed and no transfer to the visa office.
My app is still sitting in Sydney. Don't be worried about 0 communication. They might not communicate for another couple months even.

Where is your application being transferred to? Ours is going to Mexico City VO and the average time it takes to transfer there is something like 5 months. Then it's MORE waiting until they actually get around to it. I see MANY who applied after us getting PPR already so it can be really discouraging but you are not alone.

Last edited:

dorkismalorkis

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Canada and Costa Rica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
30-12-2019
AOR Received.
01-29-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
LANDED..........
02-02-2019
Hey Y'all.

Can anyone give me a list of documents required for spousal sponsorship application? Like not the forms, but the actual documents required from your spouse.

We are applying from India. I am PR in Canada currently and she is in India.
For proof of relationship, What do you need apart from marriage certificate?
So many things! Some are listed on the website. You should do some additional homework for sure.
Please read up on everything before you consider submitting. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-determining-spouse/assessing-relationship.html

We can only offer advice based on our own experiences.
IMO, and from our experience you should include at least:

-copies of shared banking info, rental agreements, co-ownerships or joint purchases, bills and invoices with both of your information or shared expenses etc,

-copies of financial support between you two. (Money transfers, bank transfers, joint accounts)

-Up to 10 pages of messages or emails between you two translated (certified)

-letters of recommendation/reference from professionals, friends, family, etc. I had 4 or 5 high ranking professionals write us letters attesting to the validity of our marriage. Including a letter from my own parents, a lawyer, an investment banker, and a former government official. Letters written must be in English or French. We included a letter from references who knew us both for SEVERAL years and who were comfortable corroborating our relationship story. In their letters they should say how they know you and why they support you as a couple. They should also give their address and contact information in the letter as your reference.

-up to 20 photos of you two from all different times in your relationship, including of the wedding, after the wedding, in different hairstyles and clothing to demonstrate the evolution of your relationship through time. The photos should encompass different dates/times, remember to label all photos on the back including who is in the photos with birthdate and approximate date and location each photo was taken.

-Screenshots of your Facebook accounts showing you are married if applicable
-Travel history between you two, including all pages of both your passports, + all relevant national identity documents for you both.

-Other things that prove your relationship is real. IE/ a small handful of actual time/date stamps on photos etc or undeniable proof of a timeline showing the history of your relationship. Phone calls between you showing time/date stamps of the call.

You may also wish to write a one page letter from yourself detailing the history of your relationship, where/how you met etc.

You do not need to go overboard with photos/messages/chat logs if you are providing a good timeline, and many different situations of you two together - different dates etc. Before, during, after wedding etc. Remember to label photos with who is in each photo with their birthdate, along with date photo was taken approximately and location it was taken. (Can be written on back of photos)

Last edited:

savemaria

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
29-06-2018
AOR Received.
30-08-2018
File Transfer...
09-11-2018
Med's Done....
21-02-2019
Passport Req..
15-04-2019
hello all,

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

The medical was received on December 24th, 2018. After that no email or communication. I am bit worried.

Thanks//
hi

is your App processed in CPC Mississauga ?

Preet_Singh

Star Member
May 16, 2018
hello all,

Thanks//
we are june 12th and medical passed on sept 11 2018
after that nothing , total silence , and even as per call yesterday to CIC file still in sydney, really frustrating really really , we cant even do anything as our life is in hand of some lazy officers

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
we are june 12th and medical passed on sept 11 2018
after that nothing , total silence , and even as per call yesterday to CIC file still in sydney, really frustrating really really , we cant even do anything as our life is in hand of some lazy officers
Preet expect something by the end of this month. We are also in the same boat We r late JULY app.File moved NDVO JAN

Last edited:

Wnasir9

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
I have received that email on 27th Nov 2018, that the file transferred to VO Singapore.
After that my wife's (applicant) medical done. medical result received status updated on 24th Dec 2018.
Thats all, after that no email communication.
Same with us, Singapore Medical done on Dec 17 - Nothing after that.

Preet_Singh

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Preet expect something by the end of this month. We are also in the same boat We r late JULY app.File moved NDVO JAN
its fine even if interview comes , but atleast we see some updates on our file , we dont scare of interview ,atleast we should see some light coming :-(