+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****June 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Whytie

Jun 14, 2018
Today we received a request for a police clearance, don't even have Sponsor Approval yet.

PA moved to Australia when she was 18, and has been there for 10 years. We sent an Australian police check based on the instructions which state;

The principal applicant and each family member 18 or older (who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents), must submit police certificates from the following country or countries with the application:

• Current country of residence if you (or they) have lived there for six months or more.
    and
  • The country where you (or they) resided for most of your (or their) life since the age of 18.

The email says to send

"Police Certificates (Multiple): Police Certificates (Multiple) This must be received at this office by: 2018/12/10
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/new-zealand.html"​

Why would they be asking for this now when it's not called for in the instructions? Is it possibly a mistake and we should call them and chase it up. It's going to take a month to get an NZ police certificate and I'm not to thrilled at waiting an extra month for something they didn't even ask for.

Hana Diabas

Aug 26, 2016
Today we received a request for a police clearance, don't even have Sponsor Approval yet.

PA moved to Australia when she was 18, and has been there for 10 years. We sent an Australian police check based on the instructions which state;

The principal applicant and each family member 18 or older (who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents), must submit police certificates from the following country or countries with the application:

• Current country of residence if you (or they) have lived there for six months or more.
    and
  • The country where you (or they) resided for most of your (or their) life since the age of 18.

The email says to send

"Police Certificates (Multiple): Police Certificates (Multiple) This must be received at this office by: 2018/12/10
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/new-zealand.html"​

Why would they be asking for this now when it's not called for in the instructions? Is it possibly a mistake and we should call them and chase it up. It's going to take a month to get an NZ police certificate and I'm not to thrilled at waiting an extra month for something they didn't even ask for.
Oh that’s annoying of course but honestly if I was in your situation I won’t argue about it at all and I would just get it done right away ! The time factor is very imperative as you know and u don’t wanna end up running late ! It’s your right to get your concerns clarified but in the meantime get the police check done as well !

Reactions: Whytie

HalfMoon12

Sep 6, 2018
good day friends..

app received - june 29
AOR - aug 30
no update since then.. called twice via hangout IRCC number 1-613-944-4000 & agent told me to wait .. agent said maybe VO is loaded with huge files. I am having sleepless nights but always praying that VO would have a heart to update apps like mine. i have read somewhere that there are some people with apps dated jun 29 & jul 6 who received AORs too but didnt get SA - MR up to this time. its very hard to contact IRCC & stressful to wait 40 days for SA to arrive. am always praying for everyone here. may the force be with us. God bless.
Hii ! We're in the same boat , 25 june
Aor 13 september
No update until now .. it's stressful and going so slow .. hope it's coming soon

attitudeguyz

May 7, 2014
Category........
FAM
Application Sent - June 18
AOR1 - August 22
Medical Request- August 29
Medical Sent - Spetember 17
Medical Passed - September 25
BGC Started - October 3
PPR - October 4
Passport Sent: Ocotber 8

Current Status: Passport sent via VFS to New Delhi Canada Visa Office. Currently being processed.

If someone knows how long it takes to get the passport back please let me know.
Thanks!
Thanks

Lobato

Mar 12, 2015
Hii ! We're in the same boat , 25 june
Aor 13 september
No update until now .. it's stressful and going so slow .. hope it's coming soon
Almost the same here too. June 27, no communication from IRCC; even though my GCKey shows BGC and eligibility for almost a month now, no AOR, SA, MR...

Synoptic

Jan 20, 2018
Almost the same here too. June 27, no communication from IRCC; even though my GCKey shows BGC and eligibility for almost a month now, no AOR, SA, MR...
Can you please post what your GCKey looks like right now? That's weird that you already have BGC started but you don't have AOR, SA, and MR yet.

MuhibPeerzada

May 15, 2018
Golden email is here
App received 13 June 2018
AOR 17 July
Sponsor Eligibility 17 Aug
Medical request 21 Aug
Transfer email to Mississauga 11 Sept
Today 2 Oct Received Passport request for my Husband
Never received the AOR 2 or BCG check email.
New beginning of life :)
Did you get your passport back yet? My wife sent it on October 8 and we are just waiting and wondering how long it takes to get the passport back. Anxiety is killing me.

Reactions: Seeker1988

MuhibPeerzada

May 15, 2018
Hey,
Ours took 8 days. Gckey will update to background check completed. Final decision approved. Document status will show the document visa #issued. Date of expiry along with your passport no. Good luck. Forgot to mention our vfs office was Chandigarh.
Thanks!
Hopefully by next week we will get it. But since the VO is New Delhi i am stressed.

Lobato

Mar 12, 2015
Can you please post what your GCKey looks like right now? That's weird that you already have BGC started but you don't have AOR, SA, and MR yet.
That is my GCKey right now:
Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

ECAS of my wife:
  1. We received your application to sponsor XXXXXXXXXXXXX on June 27, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on September 13, 2018.
  3. We sent you correspondence on September 24, 2018 about the decision on your application.
EDIT: I called IRCC and the automated message states the same thing that my GCKey shows o_O

Last edited: