+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****June 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Tave

Aug 28, 2018
It is all due to transfer of files for out-landers from Mississauga to Sydney. We have no way out but to sit and wait. However if you see more than 2 months have passed; as I read above, something has happened to package, it is being processed but not updated on web or AOR1 will be coming eventually. I think it is about time to phone them:-
IRCC Call Centre (1-888-242-2100), from within Canada only, Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm local time, except for statutory holidays). May have to go thru all options 2,3,4.
I am in the exact same situation as above. Can they really have lost all our applications? We tried calling several times and we couldn't get to talk to someone. I guess we will try again.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
But I wonder if an MP can intervene at this stage!

Lobato

Mar 12, 2015
June 27th and still waiting. I guess I will try to phone them today and see if they have some good news hehehehe... This CPC transferring really messed things up :rolleyes:

Tave

Aug 28, 2018
I was finally able to talk to someone at the IRCC Call Centre. Here is our situation:
We sent our document to Mississauga for the first time on June 20.

On August 25, we realized that they are now handling them in Sydney. On the same day, we sent the documents to Sydney thinking they might have lost our documents.

I just called the IRCC Call Centre. The good news is that they found our information and gave us a temporary file number. At first they didn't find anything about us but then he asked for our receipt number and this is how he found us. The bad news is that the information was entered in their system on August 30. So I am not sure, but I am thinking they entered the information from second time we sent time we sent them the documents. I am thinking they may have lost our June 20 documents, but I am not sure about that.

So if you are still waiting for news from them for your ~June 20 application, I would highly suggest you call them and ask for a temporary file number using your receipt number. If they do not find it, you should have a discussion with them and ask them what to do about it.

Reactions: Lobato

Lobato

Mar 12, 2015
I was finally able to talk to someone at the IRCC Call Centre. Here is our situation:
We sent our document to Mississauga for the first time on June 20.

On August 25, we realized that they are now handling them in Sydney. On the same day, we sent the documents to Sydney thinking they might have lost our documents.

I just called the IRCC Call Centre. The good news is that they found our information and gave us a temporary file number. At first they didn't find anything about us but then he asked for our receipt number and this is how he found us. The bad news is that the information was entered in their system on August 30. So I am not sure, but I am thinking they entered the information from second time we sent time we sent them the documents. I am thinking they may have lost our June 20 documents, but I am not sure about that.

So if you are still waiting for news from them for your ~June 20 application, I would highly suggest you call them and ask for a temporary file number using your receipt number. If they do not find it, you should have a discussion with them and ask them what to do about it.
I am trying to reach them but the phone number to be used from outside Canada is aaaalways busy :rolleyes:

Lobato

Mar 12, 2015
I am in the exact same situation as above. Can they really have lost all our applications? We tried calling several times and we couldn't get to talk to someone. I guess we will try again.
Did they lose some of the applications? Where did you see this info?

Tave

Aug 28, 2018
Did they lose some of the applications? Where did you see this info?
No, I am not sure they lost the applications. It just happen that everyone having issues seem to have sent their application around June 20. I think you should try hard to call them and ask for a temporary file number.

Reactions: Lobato

Lobato

Mar 12, 2015
No, I am not sure they lost the applications. It just happen that everyone having issues seem to have sent their application around June 20. I think you should try hard to call them and ask for a temporary file number.
oooooh... thanks!
I will keep calling them and see if they have any news :)

Thanks!

acharyaa16

Sep 5, 2018
My application was received at Sydney, NS on June 27th. No communication since and no AOR. Wondering how long it will take to receive a file number.

Tave

Aug 28, 2018
My application was received at Sydney, NS on June 27th. No communication since and no AOR. Wondering how long it will take to receive a file number.
What do you mean by they received it? Are you talking about the postal tracking or did you called them and they told you that date?