+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

christa1

Jun 25, 2018
for me it was abt 40 mins to speak to an agent. I called during the evening hours and it worked fine. But I guess these days the number of calls are too high for them!
Could you please precise what you mean by evening hours (e.g. 5pm to 7pm?) and time zone (Ottawa time?)

tanzee

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Hi,
I have similar timeline. Did you call up CIC recently to know your current status?
Yes, a couple times: "Our agents are busy. Try some other time."
I was actually mentally prepared for the 6 month wait until I visited this forum and looked at everyone else's timelines. Haha!

Reactions: CoolSandy

macaly7

Jan 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
Could you please precise what you mean by evening hours (e.g. 5pm to 7pm?) and time zone (Ottawa time?)
Call between 11am and 1pm Ottawa time. I've alled twice and never waited on the line more than 20 minutes. If it says it's too busy call back about in 5 minutes.

lvoldemort1127

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
Category........
App. Filed.......
24-04-2018
AOR Received.
01-06-2018
There are definitely more like you including me. I think the anxiety is fueled further because of the fact that processing is not FIFO. If you go to August thread now there were a few PPRs in August already. It is tough not to feel anxious when you see PPRs from AORs which are 2 months after yours.
Also, all this surely impacts work life as well. And everyone knows that PPR is just a beginning and the fight doesn't end at getting PPR. Another chapter will begin at PPR with whole lot of other challenges and we need a headstart to start thinking about them.

A friend of mine who applied near my AOR got PPR in less than a month. Also was able to find a job in 2 months and he will be moving to Canada soon. I'm still awaiting the PPR!! I had also started looking for jobs in the meantime and was lucky enough to get a call from one. But had to lose out on the opportunity. And yeah "Every application is unique" doesn't really help. It still hurts!

But it is what it is. And still the fact is Canada immigration is still faster than say Australia and little bit more transparent may be. But again this fact helps for a few days and then you start to feel anxious and worried again!

Wish you all speedy PPRs. Happy Weekend!
WOW, you reply is so inspiring! Totally feeling the same thing.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
%age statuses by month as per Immitracker. Based on past experience will start with following disclaimer :D
  • Yes this data may not be accurate as not all people enter or update their data. Inn no field you can have absolute population data. In most fields you work with sample data and make decisions. If you disagree with the data just ignore and move on.
  • However, I believe this data does show a trend. The actual %ages may not be correct but the trend is definitely pretty indicative of progress.
  • Immitracker ignores the inactive cases. And yes it does impact the %ages. However, I think immitracker is correct in ignoring inactive cases.

Based on the data

1. March has slowed down and it is probably visible in the thread itself. Prima facie it appears that CIC failed to meet their deadline of 80% cases but remember their clock starts from R10 check. Hence I think they have approximately two more weeks in October to meet the deadline.
  2. Look at the progress in May!! It is blazing. And based on my observation 4th Month post AOR is most active in terms of PPRs and after that it tapers off. I expect 1-2 more weeks of activity in May AORs where it will touch 50%-60% PPR and after that it will trickle to 80% number in next two months. So expect May activity to slow down.
  3. Yes the June number looks like an Anomaly in first glance. But the number is down because I think either many people added their case or reactivated their case. In any case, June has not seen a lot of PPR activity.
  4. But refer to point 2 above. If CIC maintains their previous trend expect a rain of PPRs by 2nd week of October to end of October. The PPR %age for June should go from 20% to about 40-45% so basically good 25% people will get their PPRs in next month and then June should taper down. We will see if the trend holds.
Over and out!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Time for my weekly post for Montreal visa office :D:D

Are you a FSW-O candidate based in the USA? or an inland Candidate?

Still stuck in IP1? if Yes, then your application may be at Montreal visa office.

Do order GCMS notes or call IRCC agents and find out ...

Why? Because if you're at Montreal your wait likely is going to be long one! Based on the data we have till now Montreal takes 5-6 months to give PPR. Hence knowing this may prevent you to log-in to CIC account daily.

For more information please join us at Montreal thread here!

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/montreal-visa-office-lets-connect-here.575300/page-28#post-7263637

Reactions: Param90

macaly7

Jan 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
%age statuses by month as per Immitracker. Based on past experience will start with following disclaimer :D
  • Yes this data may not be accurate as not all people enter or update their data. Inn no field you can have absolute population data. In most fields you work with sample data and make decisions. If you disagree with the data just ignore and move on.
  • However, I believe this data does show a trend. The actual %ages may not be correct but the trend is definitely pretty indicative of progress.
  • Immitracker ignores the inactive cases. And yes it does impact the %ages. However, I think immitracker is correct in ignoring inactive cases.

Based on the data

1. March has slowed down and it is probably visible in the thread itself. Prima facie it appears that CIC failed to meet their deadline of 80% cases but remember their clock starts from R10 check. Hence I think they have approximately two more weeks in October to meet the deadline.
  2. Look at the progress in May!! It is blazing. And based on my observation 4th Month post AOR is most active in terms of PPRs and after that it tapers off. I expect 1-2 more weeks of activity in May AORs where it will touch 50%-60% PPR and after that it will trickle to 80% number in next two months. So expect May activity to slow down.
  3. Yes the June number looks like an Anomaly in first glance. But the number is down because I think either many people added their case or reactivated their case. In any case, June has not seen a lot of PPR activity.
  4. But refer to point 2 above. If CIC maintains their previous trend expect a rain of PPRs by 2nd week of October to end of October. The PPR %age for June should go from 20% to about 40-45% so basically good 25% people will get their PPRs in next month and then June should taper down. We will see if the trend holds.
Over and out!

Oooooh...you've gotten all fancy with a proper table.:p Looks great! Thank you.

My only suggestion would perhaps be to include how many active cases for June on each date going forward. e.g. Sept 17th had 19% but only 420 active cases. Today shows 18% but it's 472 cases.:)

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Oooooh...you've gotten all fancy with a proper table.:p Looks great! Thank you.

My only suggestion would perhaps be to include how many active cases for June on each date going forward. e.g. Sept 17th had 19% but only 420 active cases. Today shows 18% but it's 472 cases.:)
Thanks man! Yeah I thought about including the data you suggested but I decided not to worry about inactive / active cases. Because if we consider inactive cases Jan %age drops to 50% which doesn't make sense. And then data trends don't seem to have any meaning. So, I agree with the way immitracker is no considering the inactive cases.

In any case it just shows the trending ... actual %ages don't matter much in terms of accuracy.

But let's see if October proves the trending to be correct.

CoolSandy

Feb 14, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-06-2018
Med's Done....
15-06-2018
Yes, a couple times: "Our agents are busy. Try some other time."
I was actually mentally prepared for the 6 month wait until I visited this forum and looked at everyone else's timelines. Haha!
I called in the first week of this month and decided not to disturb them till next month... Just wanted to know if people around my timeline have any progress.. Thanks for sharing!

John_Play

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
I live in Canada and my spouse is in India. I received PPR request on Aug 30th for my spouse to submit the passport. Passport was submitted and received back with COPR. I received an email from IRCC Winnipeg on Aug 31st that I would be scheduled for landing appointment soon. However myself being the primary applicant still waiting for landing appointment 4 weeks gone!! I sent a follow up email back to Winnipeg, however they said that I would be hearing on that from Etobicoke soon. When I called the agent, he said he would share me an email for Request for Information where I need to submit the form to get this details since he is not sure on that.

Can someone please guide me on which option to go from here to get details about landing appointment. Your response is appreciated.
Here is the email for "Request for information" from the agent

Good day,
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. As discussed, you will find below complementary information to our conversation:
How to submit your feedback
Your feedback is important to us. You may submit a comment, compliment or complaint about IRCC services, performance or processes, such as:
Application processing times,
Fees or refunds,
Online tools or the IRCC website,
Policy and legislation,
Etc.
In order to do so, please fill out the feedback form available on our website. (https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx?_ga=1.159223353.2062273042.1411484201)
Check your application status - You may either:
sign in to your online account to check your application status,
create an online account and link your application to it, or
use the online tool (Client Application Status (CAS)). - https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en
Change of address
Find application forms and guides
Help Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question

Rohan123

Sep 13, 2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2019
Passport Req..
22-02-2019

Based on the data

Over and out!
Thank you so much for the analysis again. What does R10 mean? Is it after medicals or after ip1? Thank you @cansha

jenhru23

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
120th day today. PNP-O June 1st AOR. My eligibility is review required since July 3rd based on gcms notes ordered last July 30th. No news after that. Losing hope already.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thank you so much for the analysis again. What does R10 mean? Is it after medicals or after ip1? Thank you @cansha
R10 is document completeness check. It is where a case analyst verifies all documents are in place. Officially it happens within first month of AOR. I think you can take medical update date as an approximation of R10 date. So about two weeks from AOR date.

Reactions: Rohan123