+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

Vivu

Feb 20, 2018
AOR 12 June
MEP 27 & IP1 28 June.

Just now talked with a male agent. He said R10 ok, eligibility in progress and background check not started.

But most importantly he said my visa office is Ottawa! Is it a good thing? I heard Ottawa is the fastest visa office, right?
Any words will be appreciated!
Mine is also 12 june. What about your stream ?

serene17

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
Hi all,

Thanks for starting this thread! I got my aor on June 12th. Today, I have received a request to submit a "new passport biographical page". The letter is as follows:

Dear XXX
Thank you for your interest in Canada.
We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents:

XXX:
Passport/Travel Document: Please provide a copy of the biographical page of a new passport. The biographical page contains your name, photo, passport/travel document no., issue date and expiration date. The passport must be valid for at least 6 months.

Please note that the requested information/documents must be received within 30 days from the date of this correspondence. Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account. If we do not receive the information/documents within 30 days, your application will be assessed based on the information we have on file, meaning your application could be refused as incomplete.

---------

I have few questions about this request and I would really appreciate it if someone can help me :)

1- I already submitted the biographical page from my passport ( and every single page was scanned and attached as well), why do I need to submit it again. My passport is valid until January, 2019 .. Which is more than 6 months since the day I submitted my application. Could it be that they are asking for a "new" one because from today it is less than 6 months? |sigh|

2- Assuming I re-new it, that means they only need copies of my passport and not my depends, right?

Thank you in advance! and goooood luck with the waiting process :)

p.s. can I be added to the whatsapp group: 17204616556

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hi all,

Thanks for starting this thread! I got my aor on June 12th. Today, I have received a request to submit a "new passport biographical page". The letter is as follows:

Dear XXX
We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents:

XXX:
Passport/Travel Document: Please provide a copy of the biographical page of a new passport. The biographical page contains your name, photo, passport/travel document no., issue date and expiration date. The passport must be valid for at least 6 months.

Please note that the requested information/documents must be received within 30 days from the date of this correspondence. Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account. If we do not receive the information/documents within 30 days, your application will be assessed based on the information we have on file, meaning your application could be refused as incomplete.

---------

I have few questions about this request and I would really appreciate it if someone can help me :)

1- I already submitted the biographical page from my passport ( and every single page was scanned and attached as well), why do I need to submit it again. My passport is valid until January, 2019 .. Which is more than 6 months since the day I submitted my application. Could it be that they are asking for a "new" one because from today it is less than 6 months? |sigh|

2- Assuming I re-new it, that means they only need copies of my passport and not my depends, right?

Nothing unusual. You need to renew your passport before ppr anyways because it needs to be valid for at least 6 months.

mikebat07943

Mar 10, 2018
Hi all,

Dear XXX

XXX:

---------

Congratulations...it means you are getting PPR as soon as you submit the ADR.

FSW outland? What country?

farzinaam

Star Member
Oct 15, 2015
Hi all,

Dear XXX

XXX:

---------

This is because your passport needs to be valid for more than 6 months at the time of stamping..
Now if you'll renew your passport, which would take a few days, you'll get a new passport number.. which would be different than the one mentioned in your application.. so pls call cic once, confirm this scenario and then reapply for a new passport (which you'll have to do in any case)..

manuchackofrancis1990

May 21, 2018
Hey Guys,
my status:
AOR: 19th June 2018
MEP & IP1: 5th July 2018

Actually, my concern is that 5th of August is my last working day at my company. Just decided to take a break of work. But is it necessary to inform cic regarding this (I am worried if the background check happens after that and if they understand I am not working there will that be a problem?)?

Kindly revert back.

Ronja5200

Feb 21, 2018
Denmark
NOC Code......
Hey Guys,
my status:

Actually, my concern is that 5th of August is my last working day at my company. Just decided to take a break of work. But is it necessary to inform cic regarding this (I am worried if the background check happens after that and if they understand I am not working there will that be a problem?)?

Kindly revert back.
No, that shouldn't be a problem. CIC will call to verify the information you provided, which is that you actually worked for company for X amount of time.

farzinaam

Star Member
Oct 15, 2015
Hey Guys,
my status:

Kindly revert back.
Not a problem it seems as you were working at time of submission of application.. 'working till date'.. what you do after submission of application can not be included before hand..

Param90

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Can anyone tell me, how are you contacting IRCC agent?
I am trying to call from US - +1 613-944-4000, mentioned some where in this thread, After along IVRS options, there is an option to talk to a agent, but it always says the call cannot be forwarded to the agent, as they are busy right now.