+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

Ronja5200

Feb 21, 2018
Denmark
NOC Code......
May I ask why you were received the schedule A? Did you have any prior visa refusals?
Not visa refusal per se, but applied for canadian ETA twice by accident, which cancels the first one, so technically had a visa cancelled. Decided to mention it just in case :)

farzinaam

Star Member
Oct 15, 2015
Experts need advice pls

I am currently on work permit in Canada and had received the Invitation to apply for PR under Canadian experience class , had applied based on my 2 years Canada experience (Completed) etc and also Job offer from my same company

Got ITA on June 25 and got AOR on June 30th

Situation: I have been asked to move to US for working with same company in US location

Questions and clarification required as below, Please help to clarify:

1. Do I need to wait to I get the PR approvals OR can I move to US and process the case by just updating the change of address

2. Is there any impact if I moved to US in terms of job offer etc , a

3. Also please let me know the next steps after approvals , can I send the passport through Fedex etc from US after PR approvals directly to CIC ?

4. Also , after stamping PR , how to activate the same and apply for PR card

DO I need to enter Canada and activate the COPR ? Also Can I do it if still am working in USA , as I still hold Canada work permit valid till 2021 and also has Visa stamping

Pls advice and Thank you much in advance
... phew.. okay.. here you go.. as per my understanding:

1) You may inform CIC about change of your address.
2) You SHOULD NOT send your passport away from you while in the US.
3) You can request CIC to change your visa office to US-visa office by specifying your location so that you can submit your passport there itself and receive it back with stamping.
4) After CoPR, you will have few months to travel to Canada on your PR visa before your medicals expire.
5) Once you land and your application for PR card kicks off, you can go back to US but the PR card would be sent to the mailing address of Canada that you'll list in your post-landing application.
6) Since you would already have a Canada Work Visa, so you can come to Canada using your work-visa.. Or you can enter Canada via the US on a non-commercial vehicle and get your PR Card. Then you are free to travel anywhere with your PR Card..

Check This:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=064&top=10

This is a high-level picture and as per my knowledge.. I just informed you just to reassure you that your situation is not as complex as it sounds and that you should not worry too much about it.. But just confirm the same with CIC or someone credible..

Last edited:
Reactions: tobs

pathwaytofreedom

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
Just found some info hope this helps

am7 said:
EXPRESS ENTRY APPLICATION LIFE CYCLE:

A basic summary (P.S. Timelines and order may vary based on country and stream):

1. eAOR - electronic Acknowledgement of Receipt - a templated letter saying that your application is submitted with the application number mentioned (applicants may use this to apply for a BOW Permit, if applicable);

2. Meds Passed - Medicals Pass and file is initially opened to check for R10 satisfaction at the CIO (Central Intake Office);

3. BG IP(1) - Background Check in Progress for the first time - usually happens on the same day your Meds Pass. At this stage they check for all documents and that whether the applicant is not missing any documents. They are not scrutinized at this stage, except for Police Clearance certificate (dates, and period is covered based on your answers from the Personal and Travel History); Additional docs (like Schedule A, Travel History, Family Info, Proof of something, etc.) may be requested at this stage.

4. *Next Step is to conduct a Background Check - NBG (not all applicants see this) - This is usually only when an applicant submits an RCMP report and thus the security check is done later.

5. BG NA - Not Applicable - usually happens between 1-2 months from eAOR. This is where applicants' first phase of A11.1 Eligibility and documents are checked by the CIO. At this stage the agent checks if the points match, are above the round's ITA points, eligibility under the stream is met, points are claimed genuinely and if there are no irregularities in the docs or work exp, NOC, etc. After this the application is sent to the Local Visa Office (LVO) for finalization and second checks.

6. BG IP(2) - Background Check in Progress for the second time - This is the stage wherein the LVO opens the file to check your entire application and confirm the notes and insights from the CIO agent. Eg. proof of funds, letter of employment, if any; This usually happens after all the security, criminality and eligibility is all okay. and at around the 4 months mark from the eAOR.

7. PPR - Passport Request email - Ready for Visa/Demande Finalé - This is the email which every applicant stresses and waits for, it is on this forum also known as The Golden Email. This means the officer is satisfied and has approved your application also has requested your passport (if needed) or photocopy of passport (if from visa-exempt country) along with 2 photos and annex A form, to stamp the Immigrant Visa and issue the CoPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residency (a letter serving proof that you are a PR). It is this letter used for "landing" at the border and in officially becoming a Permanent Resident. This letter is later also used for citizenship application (if applicable).

Again, this is a small summary and an estimated timeline based on my personal experience and it may vary throughout. But the stages are more or less structured and happen in an Express Entry Application Life Cycle. Timings and order may differ.

Note: I was an FSW-Inland applicant and CEC has a similar timeline and structure, but it could be quicker too!

Good luck! :)
Thank you so much for the detailed post! :)

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Why doesnt it ask IELTS scan to be uploaded in the first place? I clearly see it only asked for education certificates stuff. system bug!
Not a bug-- an oversight. It's clear that they expect those things to be in the application, but they do not specifically ask for them. It would benefit everyone if they would change the text to specifically require your language exam and ECA where applicable, otherwise ADRs slow down the process for all parties involved. There are a number of parts of the application that could use clarification, and I hope they eventually catch on!

Ronja5200

Feb 21, 2018
Denmark
NOC Code......
Not a bug-- an oversight. It's clear that they expect those things to be in the application, but they do not specifically ask for them. It would benefit everyone if they would change the text to specifically require your language exam and ECA where applicable, otherwise ADRs slow down the process for all parties involved. There are a number of parts of the application that could use clarification, and I hope they eventually catch on!
I agree. There are so many things on that website that seem so lazy. It takes a million tries to log in, the description are often full of errors and oversight and the website is laggy. I wonder why they don't fix it. Seems like it's not a priority at all. Probably because the people using it are not in a position to complain, but wanna be on CIC's best site.

farzinaam

Star Member
Oct 15, 2015
I agree. There are so many things on that website that seem so lazy. It takes a million tries to log in, the description are often full of errors and oversight and the website is laggy. I wonder why they don't fix it. Seems like it's not a priority at all. Probably because the people using it are not in a position to complain, but wanna be on CIC's best site.
.. guys, the cic website is one of the examples of an excellent user interface experience.. agreed they have a multiple step login process but it's all legal information and checks.. it seems you haven't read the content @ each step.. agreed some textual instructions can be improved further, but hey, nobody's perfect..

Ronja5200

Feb 21, 2018
Denmark
NOC Code......
.. guys, the cic website is one of the examples of an excellent user interface experience.. agreed they have a multiple step login process but it's all legal information and checks.. it seems you haven't read the content @ each step.. agreed some textual instructions can be improved further, but hey, nobody's perfect..
Is it just me that keeps being thrown out everytime I log in? It takes at least 4 or 5 tries. That's not good user experience.

I've read it all. In the spots where you upload documents, they don't specify which are needed, and people get rejected because of that. For ages it said "you have 60 days to hand in your application" when we had 90. Just seems lazy and not worked through.

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
I do agree that the government of Canada has a generally pleasant user experience. What we're describing here are points in the application where the requirements are not clear, and also where the system doesn't function properly and fails to log the user in. Definitely not a criticism of the multi-step login system, which I totally understand.

I think one thing that would help would be to link to the pages outside of the application that provide more detail on what needs to be included (and how). For example, the link in my signature explains a lot of features of the PR application that are not clarified in the application itself. There are a number of cases of this happening. I think IRCC has done a really good job of laying out the process on their web pages, but have failed to point applicants to the information. This doesn't address things like not telling the user to include their ECA, but it does eliminate the source of a lot of confusion about document requirements.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Once again ielts and eca are not required. They are accessed electronically by cic by the reference number. Adr for these is only for certain cases, Not everyone gets them

Reactions: macaly7

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
Hi Guys, quick one, How much time does this app stays in ip1. and does it make diff for inland or outland FSW.

naten

Feb 20, 2018
Not visa refusal per se, but applied for canadian ETA twice by accident, which cancels the first one, so technically had a visa cancelled. Decided to mention it just in case :)
Wow and yet they still ask you to resubmit schedule A again. Thanks for your reply.

Reactions: Ronja5200

macaly7

Jan 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
Once again ielts and eca are not required. They are accessed electronically by cic by the reference number. Adr for these is only for certain cases, Not everyone gets them
I agree. We didn't include the IELTS certificate and they didn't ask for it in the ADR we got.

fleurspeaks19

Star Member
May 11, 2018
Category........
PNP
ADR was on June 20th and we submitted it on the 21st. They wanted detailed information for a 2 year time period, residency, occupation travel etc. There was a job letter for that time period but it wasn't very detailed and only listed the last country worked in.

On the 21st it changed to "reviewing the additional documents" and then to "NA" today-July 5th.
Thanks for that... I wasn't asked for any specific information just schedule A bearing an original signature.

I got the ADR on the same day that the medicals passed : June 22nd and submitted the document on June 24th. My status still reads "reviewing the documents that you provided"..... I can't help but check every hour in the hope that it will eventually change to "we do not need any additional documents"... :(