+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***JUNE 2017***OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

the_illest

Mar 8, 2017
Hi everyone, I have not kept up with this thread for the last week or so. So, apologies if this question is a repeat.

We submitted Schedule A and PCC a couple of weeks ago and received a message about the Schedule A: it needed to be re-uploaded because my partner (the PA) forgot to include his high school education. We re-uploaded and re-submitted the form on the same day we got the message through GCKey. The status still says "Action Required" but we have double checked we uploaded AND submitted. There isn't even another option on the page now to submit again. It has been like that for a week or so.

This may be normal/business as usual in terms of a delay in updating the status but I am not sure and wanted to get your thoughts. We try to avoid calling in only because we have had no success getting through and this forum has been an excellent help in the past so I thought I would ask :)

Zuky

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
File Transfer...
19-07-2017
Med's Request
12-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
21-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2018
LANDED..........
??
Hi everyone, I have not kept up with this thread for the last week or so. So, apologies if this question is a repeat.

We submitted Schedule A and PCC a couple of weeks ago and received a message about the Schedule A: it needed to be re-uploaded because my partner (the PA) forgot to include his high school education. We re-uploaded and re-submitted the form on the same day we got the message through GCKey. The status still says "Action Required" but we have double checked we uploaded AND submitted. There isn't even another option on the page now to submit again. It has been like that for a week or so.

This may be normal/business as usual in terms of a delay in updating the status but I am not sure and wanted to get your thoughts. We try to avoid calling in only because we have had no success getting through and this forum has been an excellent help in the past so I thought I would ask :)
I was told it can take up to 10 business days for something to be added to your file. If after 10-15 business days you haven't heard anything/seen any changes in status, I would probably try to contact them. Before that, don't worry :D It took us 9 business days after sending our Schedule A along through our MLA, so they really do take up to 10 haha.

Reactions: the_illest

the_illest

Mar 8, 2017
I was told it can take up to 10 business days for something to be added to your file. If after 10-15 business days you haven't heard anything/seen any changes in status, I would probably try to contact them. Before that, don't worry :D It took us 9 business days after sending our Schedule A along through our MLA, so they really do take up to 10 haha.
Oh, good to know! It can (in some cases) be tough to know what is a normal timeline vs. cause for alarm. Thank you for your response! :D We will wait.

Zuky

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
File Transfer...
19-07-2017
Med's Request
12-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
21-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2018
LANDED..........
??
Oh, good to know! It can (in some cases) be tough to know what is a normal timeline vs. cause for alarm. Thank you for your response! :D We will wait.
You're absolutely right! Even waiting the 10 days when you know it's normal is hard. This whole process sucks but there's not much we can do.

I've seen a lot of people (including myself) have issues with Schedule A forms not being added and delaying their application, so you're definitely doing the right thing by staying on top of it!

Reactions: the_illest

Moe Hijj

Jul 28, 2017
I got interview in July 18 they said after 2-3 weeks we will respond to you if my application has accept or reject ,,, its has been 4 months . I didn't get any thing anyone can help me to know what's going on
Thank u all

the_illest

Mar 8, 2017
You're absolutely right! Even waiting the 10 days when you know it's normal is hard. This whole process sucks but there's not much we can do.

I've seen a lot of people (including myself) have issues with Schedule A forms not being added and delaying their application, so you're definitely doing the right thing by staying on top of it!
I know! We have to be patient but it's so hard when you don't know what is going on. Especially with what is on the line, it's tough to stand by and wait. But, just have to assume they are working as fast as they can as long as we've done our part :) Thank you again for your insight!

Zuky

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
File Transfer...
19-07-2017
Med's Request
12-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
21-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2018
LANDED..........
??
I know! We have to be patient but it's so hard when you don't know what is going on. Especially with what is on the line, it's tough to stand by and wait. But, just have to assume they are working as fast as they can as long as we've done our part :) Thank you again for your insight!
Yup! I have no idea why they can't do something as simple as an automated monthly update (for which there seems to be a checkbox in GCKey but it doesn't actually do anything). It's awful having everything on hold while your life is in someone else's control.

On the bright side, I try to use this to remind myself that, as a Canadian citizen, I'm glad they're doing thorough checks on people coming into Canada. Plus as recently as a year or two ago, processing times were much worse.

It could be worse, and it could be better. It's nice to read about other peoples' experiences with the process, though!

You're welcome :D

the_illest

Mar 8, 2017
Yup! I have no idea why they can't do something as simple as an automated monthly update (for which there seems to be a checkbox in GCKey but it doesn't actually do anything). It's awful having everything on hold while your life is in someone else's control.

On the bright side, I try to use this to remind myself that, as a Canadian citizen, I'm glad they're doing thorough checks on people coming into Canada. Plus as recently as a year or two ago, processing times were much worse.

It could be worse, and it could be better. It's nice to read about other peoples' experiences with the process, though!

You're welcome :D
I couldn't agree more! I have a friend who sponsored her common law partner a couple of years ago and their process took about 2 years. At the very least, our timeline should be cut in half which is something to be thankful for. And you are right, it is good to know that the process isn't all willy-nilly :p

It really is nice to hear about other people and their experiences. It gives you a sense of what "normal" is like and it makes me feel better that many of us are wandering through this process for the first time and sometimes, just as confused as I am. But, the checklists are getting better from what I can see and that probably helps application prep time and processing times too.

Wishing you luck on your application!

Zuky

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
File Transfer...
19-07-2017
Med's Request
12-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
21-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2018
LANDED..........
??
I couldn't agree more! I have a friend who sponsored her common law partner a couple of years ago and their process took about 2 years. At the very least, our timeline should be cut in half which is something to be thankful for. And you are right, it is good to know that the process isn't all willy-nilly :p

It really is nice to hear about other people and their experiences. It gives you a sense of what "normal" is like and it makes me feel better that many of us are wandering through this process for the first time and sometimes, just as confused as I am. But, the checklists are getting better from what I can see and that probably helps application prep time and processing times too.

Wishing you luck on your application!
Wow! 2 years would be horrible. Yeah, exactly. That's already an enormous plus.

Yes, exactly haha. It's a nice sense of community. Good luck with yours too! :D

knnn

Jul 23, 2014
While checking in ECAS - Sponsorship Application it shows "Decision Made" and it's been this way since last Thursday. Neither I or my spouse haven't got any emails so far on SA. Is this normal?

Aliengine

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
While checking in ECAS - Sponsorship Application it shows "Decision Made" and it's been this way since last Thursday. Neither I or my spouse haven't got any emails so far on SA. Is this normal?
Decision made mean sponser get approved or reject. normal 99.99999 will be approved unless there is something wrong.

Mine got decision made from 23 July . I never got message from them. I called and agent confirmed that I got passed ( approved ). Don't worry , It will come to you soon.

Reactions: knnn

dhvanixox

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
I got interview in July 18 they said after 2-3 weeks we will respond to you if my application has accept or reject ,,, its has been 4 months . I didn't get any thing anyone can help me to know what's going on
Thank u all
Oh that's too bad. Have you tried calling the customer service agents to see what's going on? They will be your best bet since they can go into the system and see if there's any update. The number is 1 (888) 242-2100

I hope you find an answer soon. Good luck!

Reactions: Moe Hijj