+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***JUNE 2017***OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

the_illest

Mar 8, 2017
https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/compact-council/channeler-faqs
In the above link, question 8, it says:
8. Can a company outside the United States submit fingerprints to the FBI through an FBI-approved Channeler?

Only a United States company that has the statutory authority to submit fingerprints to the FBI and receive the FBI CHRI may use an FBI-approved Channeler.

This makes me doubt that the local service you are taking about may not be an FBI approved channeler since both you and your spouse are living in Canada. Remember, only an FBI approved channeler can expedite the process. May be some of these companies also operate in Canada. You could look into that.
Here's a link that may or may not be of help.
https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/compact-council/list-of-approved-channelers
Right, I just realized this. And I found on another thread a conversation about the same local service I was considering in Toronto and they do not seem legit. We will likely submit through myfbireport.com that is a US-based channeler. He will get his fingerprints done while he is visiting Toronto and he can mail it all in and that should still be faster than the 10-12 week wait that the FBI is experiencing now. His residence is still in the US so we will have the report mailed to him there since he will be back in the US by then :)

Fingers crossed that this plan works! And thanks for the follow up!

the_illest

Mar 8, 2017
https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/compact-council/channeler-faqs
In the above link, question 8, it says:
8. Can a company outside the United States submit fingerprints to the FBI through an FBI-approved Channeler?

Only a United States company that has the statutory authority to submit fingerprints to the FBI and receive the FBI CHRI may use an FBI-approved Channeler.

This makes me doubt that the local service you are taking about may not be an FBI approved channeler since both you and your spouse are living in Canada. Remember, only an FBI approved channeler can expedite the process. May be some of these companies also operate in Canada. You could look into that.
Here's a link that may or may not be of help.
https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/compact-council/list-of-approved-channelers
But wait, to confirm: we can use a channeler (he is a US citizen) in place of the straight FBI way? And that suffices for CIC? Thanks!

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
But wait, to confirm: we can use a channeler (he is a US citizen) in place of the straight FBI way? And that suffices for CIC? Thanks!
Yes, as a US citizen your husband can use the service of an FBI approved channeler. Yes, CIC is fine with it. In fact, you will see at the end of this page that CIC has linked a page of FBI approved channels list from the FBI website.

blackuhuru

Jul 4, 2017
HELLO EVERYBODY,

Today is July 18 and I have now received my AOR1 in the email today telling us to link the package to the online portal! Please update my name on the spreadsheet. Will tell u guys what happens after I link!

Also, I just want to write this message to anyone who is loosing hope or is going crazy waiting for the AOR1... HANG IN THERE! YOU WILL GET IT TOO... my package was sent back and I reapplied again and was waiting waiting almost a month and boom when I least expected it came. Have patience and I wish you all luck!! Thank you everybody who has replied to my questions and messages and all of you for putting out your knowledge and help out here. Thanks and Allah Bless.

malikkhayyam

Sep 9, 2013
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
IELTS Request
Provided with app
LANDED..........
20-08-2015
HELLO EVERYBODY,

Today is July 18 and I have now received my AOR1 in the email today telling us to link the package to the online portal! Please update my name on the spreadsheet. Will tell u guys what happens after I link!

Also, I just want to write this message to anyone who is loosing hope or is going crazy waiting for the AOR1... HANG IN THERE! YOU WILL GET IT TOO... my package was sent back and I reapplied again and was waiting waiting almost a month and boom when I least expected it came. Have patience and I wish you all luck!! Thank you everybody who has replied to my questions and messages and all of you for putting out your knowledge and help out here. Thanks and Allah Bless.
Congrats for AOR1.

Could you please tell us why your package returned before

samandp

May 20, 2015
Visa Office......
Ndvo/ Wvo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-11-2014
Nomination.....
13-02-2015
AOR Received.
30-03-2015
IELTS Request
sent with app
File Transfer...
27-04-2015
Med's Request
16-05-2016
Med's Done....
19-05-2016
Interview........
RPRF - 21-07-2016
Passport Req..
08-09-2016

Chirag0389

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
HELLO EVERYBODY,

Congrats :)
Your timeline please. Both New and Old

sebishh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
15-06-2017
@sebishh Try this on your next attempt:

App # and family name
DO NOT put in anything on City and conutry of birth. NOT even a space
Fill out Passport info
Fill out intended place to live when you get to Canada (this should be the same info you have on your app)
# of applicants = sponsor + PA + dependents (kids; accompanying or non-accompanying) example: I put 3 = me, hubby + 1 kid
Thanks, I will try it today

Reactions: Belgiandank

blackuhuru

Jul 4, 2017
hey guys when i try to link the application with UCI and Application number it says they cant find the application! please advise!