+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***JUNE 2017***OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

sharmani

Jun 22, 2017
Hello everyone
I have received an email from CIC saying that they received my application for my wife whom i am sponsoring on june 13,2017. my question is can i link my application now? and does it matter if i can link the application over here or it has to be my wife who should link it? thnaks

Reactions: Payal Patel

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
Hello everyone
I have received an email from CIC saying that they received my application for my wife whom i am sponsoring on june 13,2017. my question is can i link my application now? and does it matter if i can link the application over here or it has to be my wife who should link it? thnaks
You can try to link the application now. Create a GCKey account for PA and link the account there.

Payal Patel

Star Member
May 26, 2017
Quick question, I see on cic website that for ppl in India police clearance can be done at passport office or police station..
But do the PA go theor n tell them they need PCC or will CIC provide with request letter for them??

sharmani

Jun 22, 2017
i cannot link my application based on entering application number and uci number. it says based on based on the information entered you have no application. does some one got the same response?

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Quick question, I see on cic website that for ppl in India police clearance can be done at passport office or police station..
But do the PA go theor n tell them they need PCC or will CIC provide with request letter for them??
I know there are quite a few Indian applicants in June 2017, but I think folks at the NDVO thread may be able to help you better with this question. :)

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
Just submit an online application in passport seva Kendra website and book an appointment. You will get PCC on same day itself. No request letter from cic is required.

Ventorro

Star Member
May 16, 2017
Ur thinkin ahead of the process .. its a long way before u even hv to worry abt this ..

Keep sch a (june 2017 version) filled out and validated and electronically signed .. as in they want the name typed out on the last page .. then when they ask u to upload the documents online, do so .. along with pcc .. pcc needs to be colored .. and keep original with u incase they ask u to mail it to them .. it needs to be translated in english if its not produced in english ready ..

Anything i missed? Lol .. ask away ..
Hey thanks a lot AHc, I didnt know there was June 2017 version. We had already filled the older version. I'll ask my spouse or myself fill it.

offline136

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
AB
Hi, if we have sent PCC along with application do we need to submit again? we sent PCC along the application already.

Schedule A - Do we have to write name in Native language compulsory? mine in Gujarati language and i don't know how i will be able to type in that form in Laptop. Is it ok we print the form to fill it up and then submit scanned copy online?

Also i've question about Medicals - Do we have to upload it online or just receipt of medical completion?

thanks in advance.
Schedule A doesn't need Native Name. It doesn't say anywhere.

However, we need to write our name in mother tongue in Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406. And we submit it with our main application.

I have long Gujju name which was impossible to fit on that form. So what I did was, I attached extra sheet of paper stating everybody's name in English as well as in Gujarati... Typed in Word... Put PA's Full name and DOB on top of page... Worked just fine...!!!

For medical, we don't have to do anything. Hospital sends the report to CIC and once CIC receives result, they will post it on our CIC account.

But, as an additional step, people are uploading receipt of Medical Checkup on CIC Account. It's not mandatory but no harm to do that either.

offline136

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
AB
First you have to create an account on passport seva kendra site, then download, fill out, and print the PCC Application form. You have to declare the country for which you need PCC in that form. In our case, it's Canada. After that, pay the fees and then book the appointment for the closest location of passport seva kendra on the same website. Go with Form, Address Proof, Original Passport as well as photocopies, Appointment letter. After verification, they will call you back after couple of days to pick up PCC.
For more info please visit "http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/faqServicesAvailable"

For India, we don't need CIC Request Letter.

offline136

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
AB
Just FYI, that is incorrect.

I have never linked our account and we are March applicants who received AOR 2 in May. Linking the account is not mandatory for the application. We have only ever used ecas, mailed in all our docs, and got all timely email correspondence from CIC.

ecas will say things such as medical results received, or went sent you correspondence, please check your email, etc etc. It will also indicate when the file has been sent to VO and when you get AOR2.

Well CIC website, "http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp?s=2" has mentioned that,
"There are two ways to check your application status online.
If you are the person being sponsored, you can:
If you create CIC account and link your paper application, then you get real time status. They always update time of request in Eastern Standard Time as well. And I think it is very important when you have 30 days of time limit for most of the stuff. On the other hand, Ecas updates daily but not in real time.

Most importantly, CIC website, "http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5525ETOC.asp" states that,"To receive the acknowledgement of receipt letter quickly, we strongly encourage you to provide an email address for the principal applicant or their representative. Creating an online account and linking your application reduces communication time, which will reduce the time it takes to process your application. If you don’t link your paper application to an online account, it may increase your processing time." They don't lie.. trust me..!! :)

Now you are March Applicant, so of course you must have more idea, and you must have all updates in ecas by now but as you said you don't have linked CIC account then you might not know about real time updates of cic account. Also, I personally only follow June Forum and June Timesheet, and as per June applicants review, ecas doesn't update regularly. Because I have AOR, SA Approval, Medical request and that's even done, but ecas only says file received. Then, how on earth is it perfect..??

Wow this became an essay.. LoL But, At the end in Nutshell, I still check both options, no matter what. :p :)

Last edited:

offline136

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
AB
Ur thinkin ahead of the process .. its a long way before u even hv to worry abt this ..

Keep sch a (june 2017 version) filled out and validated and electronically signed .. as in they want the name typed out on the last page .. then when they ask u to upload the documents online, do so .. along with pcc .. pcc needs to be colored .. and keep original with u incase they ask u to mail it to them .. it needs to be translated in english if its not produced in english ready ..

Anything i missed? Lol .. ask away ..

Just curious... Why do we need PCC in Color..?? I mean is that requirement from CIC..?? I didn't read it anywhere on CIC website. The issue is, Indian Passport Office gives Black & White PCC.. :|

Cherry10

Jul 13, 2017
Hello sharmani,
I want to ask you that your application is outland application?? And you got application number from cic? Because my husband sponsor me on 9th June,2017 from Canada but still cic not send us application number.

Payal Patel

Star Member
May 26, 2017
First you have to create an account on passport seva kendra site, then download, fill out, and print the PCC Application form. You have to declare the country for which you need PCC in that form. In our case, it's Canada. After that, pay the fees and then book the appointment for the closest location of passport seva kendra on the same website. Go with Form, Address Proof, Original Passport as well as photocopies, Appointment letter. After verification, they will call you back after couple of days to pick up PCC.
For more info please visit "http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/faqServicesAvailable"

For India, we don't need CIC Request Letter.
Thanks a lot.
So his passport has Gujarat address, but he currently resides in Mumbai .... Does he have go to Gujarat to get his PCC done or he can have it done in Mumbai passport Kendra??