+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***JUNE 2017***OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
June 3rd: mail sent by courier.
June 6th: mail received in mail room by Dave
July 11: request to link the app...once linked request to send schedule A...
July 20: SA letter in email

Eventhough I uploaded Schedule A using cic account; now its asking me to load a replacement...it says replacement needed...what does it mean? Your advices please.
Hmmmm. May be you missed something in your Schedule A form. Or you could have skipped a few dates in the Personal History and Address History sections. CIC is very anal about including every month of every year for the past 10 years or since you turned 18.

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hello all. The applicant received an email asking for Schedule A. Form is filled, validated and uploaded to online account :)
That's great! Don't forget to update this info in the spreadsheet and also as you keep hearing more and more from CIC.

AHC

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
Nomination.....
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
28-06-2017
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
17-07-2017
Thank you @AHC
Ya same here. I got the SA email and the same day medical request. Still waiting for PA to receive the SCH A & PCC request email. @AHC how many day after SA did PA receive the schedule A request email?
check out my timeline posted in the spreadsheet in my signature. I am in MAY.

raphmih

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
use this method to link application. It worked for me.

1. choose application # and Family name
2. Do not fill place of birth and county of birth leave both of them blank not even a space.
3. Fill passport information
4.fill the last part as in your application
5. # of applicants =2
PS: make sure that number of applicants is correct. If it's just the PA, then number will be 2 including sponsor. If there is any dependant increase the count accordingly.
thanks a lot. but I just tried it. No, it didn't go through. Weird. How this page works?

Meanwhile a question: so our application is in the system. When do we get SA in general? How long is this process? What if I will not be able to link my application?

Thanks,!!

niushad

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Interesting! I received a message to do the Medical exam half an hour after uploading Schedule A to my account. Does it mean this is an automated message? (Well, whatever it is it seems they've sped up the process and I'm happy about it!)

Reactions: AHC

Belgiandank

Apr 4, 2017
Manila
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
05/23/2017
Doc's Request.
6/27/2017
AOR Received.
06/19/2017
File Transfer...
7/13/2017
Med's Request
6/28/2017
Med's Done....
7/3/2017
Passport Req..
01/08/2018
VISA ISSUED...
01/10/2018
Guys,
Does it really matter who LINKS the application? Sponsor or PA?
Hi,

It does not but you can only link one account.
Thanks!

Reactions: Pragstar

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
thanks a lot. but I just tried it. No, it didn't go through. Weird. How this page works?

Meanwhile a question: so our application is in the system. When do we get SA in general? How long is this process? What if I will not be able to link my application?

Thanks,!!
Please refer the spreadsheet to get an approximate idea of application timelines..

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1n8CRf5RwHVizY8yMFgXDcdY1_z5hDCjzDje5ih3gSj0/edit

Have you tried to check the status in ECAS? https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=

If you can find your application in ECAS, you should be able to link it in GCKey account.

BTW, there are different tricks for linking account. Please refer the methods listed in spreadsheet.

Reactions: raphmih

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Interesting! I received a message to do the Medical exam half an hour after uploading Schedule A to my account. Does it mean this is an automated message? (Well, whatever it is it seems they've sped up the process and I'm happy about it!)
No it's not an automated message. Just a really awesome coincidence. Lucky you! :)

Reactions: AHC

raphmih

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
Please refer the spreadsheet to get an approximate idea of application timelines..

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1n8CRf5RwHVizY8yMFgXDcdY1_z5hDCjzDje5ih3gSj0/edit

Have you tried to check the status in ECAS? https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=

If you can find your application in ECAS, you should be able to link it in GCKey account.

BTW, there are different tricks for linking account. Please refer the methods listed in spreadsheet.

Yes my application is in ECAS, I just double checked. But also tried all given combinations in the spreadsheet. Well it is already more than 12 days. No words, speechless.

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
Yes my application is in ECAS, I just double checked. But also tried all given combinations in the spreadsheet. Well it is already more than 12 days. No words, speechless.
oh its more than 12 days? You should have done it within 7 days of getting AOR. I dont think its possible anymore. But dont worry. Linking of application is not mandatory. Only disadvantage is that you will have to send the documents to CPC by mail or through web form, which will take more time compared to online upload through GC Key account.

Reactions: raphmih and jptskt

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
oh its more than 12 days? You should have done it within 7 days of getting AOR. I dont think its possible anymore. But dont worry. Linking of application is not mandatory. Only disadvantage is that you will have to send the documents to CPC by mail or through web form, which will take more time compared to online upload through GC Key account.
You can link your application at any time throughout the process.

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
You can link your application at any time throughout the process.
oh is it? The AOR says as follows:

If you have not linked your application to an online account within 7 calendar days, we will send you an email to which you will be asked to respond via regular mail. This will introduce delays into the processing of your application.

So I thought we wont be able to link application after 7 calendar days...

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
oh is it? The AOR says as follows:

If you have not linked your application to an online account within 7 calendar days, we will send you an email to which you will be asked to respond via regular mail. This will introduce delays into the processing of your application.

So I thought we wont be able to link application after 7 calendar days...
Nah. I never linked my application because we have a rep, we're March 1 applicants and I have been tempted a couple times to do it and 5 months later I can still do it if I wanted to, everything comes up when I search and I can go ahead and do it (if I cancel my use of a rep). I don't know what's up with the whole "7 day" threat thing lol...I think it might be because there was a time where they would send requests within 7 days of linking. Alot of people go past the deadline and still do it. I don't know what's stopping the poster up there but it's not that it's past deadline. That said, because it's seven days past requests may come through email like they did for us but it definitely doesn't stop you from linking it

Reactions: SAJ_ee2015