+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***JUNE 2017***OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
July 8th.
Oh. That's just yesterday. I thought you got it few days ago. There's absolutely nothing to be worried about. I'm pretty sure your spouse will get the AOR1 email on Monday, if not then definitely Tuesday. Then you can go ahead and link your application with the PA's info. You should also add your information in the June spreadsheet.

Reactions: Ventorro and AHC

Ventorro

Star Member
May 16, 2017
Oh. That's just yesterday. I thought you got it few days ago. There's absolutely nothing to be worried about. I'm pretty sure your spouse will get the AOR1 email on Monday, if not then definitely Tuesday. Then you can go ahead and link your application with the PA's info. You should also add your information in the June spreadsheet.
Thanks, I'm kinda worried as people who applied after me or around me have already got theirs AOR1

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Thanks, I'm kinda worried as people who applied after me or around me have already got theirs AOR1
Really? The normal timeline for getting AOR1 is 4-6 weeks after you application was received. Yours was 4 weeks and 2 days. Your are well within the normal timeline. You said that "people who applied after me or around me have already got theirs AOR1", but you too already got your AOR1. Your spouse will get it a weekday later. This is normal. According to the spreadsheet, only one person who applied after you has got their AOR1 (coincidentally, its me lol) and that too it was received 2 days ago - one day before you. One day is nothing in the larger scheme of things. PR application processing is gonna take many months. You have to keep perspective. You will always see what you choose to see. You see the one person who applied after you who got the AOR1 before you. What about all the June applicants who applied before you and have not gotten their AOR1 yet? There are many. Just look at the spreadsheet. Instead of worrying about the smallest of things like this, you have to think big picture and be grateful that you received your AOR1 in a month.

Sorry if I sound rude. I don't mean to be. Just asking you and others to keep perspective and be grateful.

Last edited:

Ventorro

Star Member
May 16, 2017
Really? For real? The normal timeline for getting AOR1 is 4-6 weeks after you application was received. Yours was 4 weeks and 2 days. Your are well within the normal timeline. You said that "people who applied after me or around me have already got theirs AOR1", but you too already got your AOR1. Your spouse will get it a weekday later. This is normal. According to the spreadsheet only one person after who applied after you has got their AOR1 (coincidentally, its me) and that too it was received 2 days ago - one day before you. One day is nothing in the larger scheme of things. PR application is gonna take many months. You have to keep perspective. You will always see what you choose to see. You see the one person who applied after you who got the AOR1 before you. What about all the June applicants who applied before you. There are many. Just look at the spreadsheet. Instead of worrying about the smallest of things like this, you have to think big picture and be grateful that you received your AOR1 in a month.
I am sorry, I didn't know about the spreadsheet, was talking about my friends/known people. and was referring to PAs getting their emails before sponsors.
I'm new to this forum, I'll update my info on the excel sheet.

Reactions: AHC

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
Hey guys,
we applied on June 8th.
I (sponsor) have received email from cic stating they have started processing.
But my wife (PA) haven't got any email to link our application. Usually how long it takes for the principal applicant to receive the email?
In my case PA got email 7 days after the first email to sponsor. But you can still try to link the application, using the application number given in sponsor AOR.

Reactions: Ventorro

Ventorro

Star Member
May 16, 2017
and I thought AOR1 refers to PA's getting emails from cic to link their application which we haven't got.
Sorry for miss-understanding

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
and I thought AOR1 refers to PA's getting emails from cic to link their application which we haven't got.
Sorry for miss-understanding
Yes. PA will also get an email. But seems like CIC doesn't follow any specific order for sending emails. For some cases PA gets email first and some cases are different. You don't have to worry since sponsor already got the email. That means they have accepted the application and it won't be returned. You can check the application status using ECAS also.

Payal Patel

Star Member
May 26, 2017
Oh no. Seems like whoever did the rearranging deleted some people's info by mistake. You guys should definitely add your info again. I don't like this new arrangement. I liked it better when it was separated by the "Application received" date and then further sub-divided by those who received SA/AOR1 and those who did not. That way you could immediately see who else whose applications were received the same day as yours got their AOR1 and who didn't.
Me too

renji

Star Member
Dec 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey,
use this way to link your application:
1. choose application # and Family name
2. Do not fill place of birth and county of birth leave both of them blank not even a space.
3. Fill passport information
4.fill the last part as in your application
5. # of applicants =2
try this, this worked for me.
Looks like the approach is trial and error :( for me I had to search based on PA's
Application #
Last name
Passport info
Now I am able to link it

*phew*

cookie1234

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-05-2017
Doc's Request.
xxxx
AOR Received.
xxxx
File Transfer...
xxxx
Med's Request
xxxx
Med's Done....
xxxx
Interview........
xxxx
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
Hi guys... I said it on the whatsapp group but saying it here too in case anyone could have an answer/share experience. Someone told me they had encountered a long timeline too before AOR1... Also I see some early May applicants who haven't got theirs yet.

My hubby called ircc twice last week and they told him they could not find our app in the system. They told him that most agents went on vacation and that we shoud wait until August 1st (means two months for AOR1, as it was received June 1st). They even said that people from June claiming they got AOR1, is not true :rolleyes::rolleyes: blah blah
I can't seem to believe them as I see so many people who applied way after us and getting theirs.

It's as if the agent who should work on our app went on vacation the very day he received our app lol!
Or he just haven't entered our info in the system yet he's working on it ? People seldom receive SA without AOR1...
I know those are only speculations but I guess I'm trying to reassure myself that it has not been sent back :(

queen8812

Star Member
Jul 1, 2017
Still did not receive aor.. My husband called this morning to ircc to check, They told him that they are still working on May 19 applicants. hmmmmmmm....

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Still did not receive aor.. My husband called this morning to ircc to check, They told him that they are still working on May 19 applicants. hmmmmmmm....
They've been saying that for a couple of weeks. Take what the agents say with a grain of salt. They do not always have the most accurate and up to date info. I expect a lot of people are on holidays which will cause a slow down.

Reactions: AHC and jptskt

Pragstar

Jun 19, 2017
My ECAS shows status as "Decision Made". But I have not received an email about my SA yet. Any idea on the timeline?