+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2017 Citizenship Applicants - (pre C6 rule)

unaseem

Nov 26, 2008
Calgary,AB
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
11 April 2011
Doc's Request.
RPRF and updated history on FEb 20, 2013
Nomination.....
PNP -Alberta
AOR Received.
Sept 2,2011
File Transfer...
16 MAY 2012 to Ottawa and In process on 26 July 2012
Med's Request
Sept 29,2011
Med's Done....
OCT 06,2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
March 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 27, 2013
LANDED..........
APRIL 06, 2013
Also wants to ask from others who got Test invite by Email, the Email first line reads as:
"Reply to this email. You will receive a response"

Do we suppose to reply that email or if there's any change like rescheduling then only replying?
Thanks

yes, my email was saying "Reply to this email. You will receive a response".

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
yes, my email was saying "Reply to this email. You will receive a response".
Then I guess you should reply you never know maybe you will get lucky and get oath invite same day seeing that you is a June applicant.goodluck.

meeemeee

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Hi everybody,

"We sent you a notice on December 20, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 17, 2018 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us,"

I didn't receive letter by mail, only email and the status changed, Should I call them? and if I call what will they say? anybody is the same?

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Hi everybody,

We sent you a notice on December 20, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 17, 2018 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us,

I didn't receive letter by mail, only email and the status changed in, Should I call them? and if I call what will they say? anybody is the same?
they will provide you the info over the phone. Does your email have the location?

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Yes, the location and the time
I am not sure what else you need. You may call them and get it all confirmed. But all you need is a print of that email, show up at the location (prepared for the test - ofcourse!) at/before the specified time along with all the documents requested in the letter.

Is there anything more you need from them?

meeemeee

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
I am not sure what else you need. You may call them and get it all confirmed. But all you need is a print of that email, show up at the location (prepared for the test - ofcourse!) at/before the specified time along with all the documents requested in the letter.

Is there anything more you need from them?
Thank you so much, I just wanted to know if the test appointment is confirmed even if I don't receive the letter by mail. It is difficult to get them by phone, always the waiting time is long.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Hi everybody,

"We sent you a notice on December 20, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 17, 2018 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us,"

I didn't receive letter by mail, only email and the status changed, Should I call them? and if I call what will they say? anybody is the same?
Did you get and attachment with your email? I did with mine and I had to print it and bring it on my date of test.

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
Hi,

Finally, OP got an email from IRCC this morning to appear for citizenship test at Scarborough office @ 10:15am even though my office is Mississauga.
Ecas still not updated (who cares about ecas) :)

Please updated the tracking sheet.

Any suggestions for the test preparation other than book?
Thanks,
Nadeem
Congratulations!!!! Finally...

meeemeee

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Yes
Did you get and attachment with your email? I did with mine and I had to print it and bring it on my date of test.
Yes, there is the pdf file (NOTICE TO APPEAR), but my concern is why they wrote " If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us"? I thought that is not the final announcement for appearing to write the test

So you didn't receive letter by mail and you didn't call them ? you just print the file the attached to the email and took it to the test?

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Yes

Yes, there is the pdf file (NOTICE TO APPEAR), but my concern is why they wrote " If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us"? I thought that is not the final announcement for appearing to write the test

So you didn't receive letter by mail and you didn't call them ? you just print the file the attached to the email and took it to the test?
No I didn’t receive any mail I just print the attachment which have the date time and place of appointment and show it to them there, was people there who should them they invitation on their phone.

robertonnj

Feb 9, 2015
Yes

Well you are quoting what you can see on ECAS!
They are basically saying: "hey, on ECAS we are confirming that we sent you a notice (the EMAIL) to appear for the test. If you DID NOT receive the EMAIL (which INCLUDES THE NOTICE in the attachment), then call us!"
You received the email with the notice. You are done! No need to call anyone. They sent you everything in an email so that they don't have to waste paper, and snail mail you the same thing you can print at home.

Last edited:

meeemeee

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Well you are quoting what you can see on ECAS!
They are basically saying: "hey, on ECAS we are confirming that we sent you a notice (the EMAIL) to appear for the test. If you DID NOT receive the EMAIL (which INCLUDES THE NOTICE in the attachment), then call us!"
You received the email with the notice. You are done! No need to call anyone. They sent you everything in an email so that they don't have to waste paper, and snail mail you the same thing you can print at home.
That means there is no different between email or mail ? as they are saying "The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us,"
You know because we have to be more accurate in the situation like this

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
That means there is no different between email or mail ? as they are saying "The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us,"
You know because we have to be more accurate in the situation like this
Just the email is enough- they use only one of the methods, so if you got the email then you are done. I guess to answer your question- No, there is no difference between 'mail' and 'email' for IRCC.

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
Good news! My Ecas update as of today:

We sent you a notice on January 11, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 1, 2018 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I live in Toronto but I know that my file was in Mississauga. I have not received an email so I am assuming the confirmation will come in snail mail, hence don't know as of yet the location of the test.

Pls update.
Congratulations!!!!!