+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2017 Citizenship Applicants - (pre C6 rule)

peterrod

Aug 1, 2017
Vancouver
Hi,

I got an update in ECAS with decision made after providing fingerprints. I'm now waiting for Oath invite and date hopefully soon. Could the spreadsheet be updated please?

Application Sent: June 16, 2017 (Friday)
Application Delivered: June 21, 2017 (Wednesday)
AOR: August 1, 2017 (Tuesday)
In Process: August 8, 2017
Test Invite: November 21, 2017
FP Request: December 4, 2017 (Taken and sent December 8,2017)
Test Date: December 5, 2017
Decision Made: December 28, 2017

City: Vancouver
Type: Single
Physical presence days: 1473

Reactions: CanadianSoonToBe

catharines

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Hi everyone, Happy new year. I have a friend of mine who lives in Montreal, she wants to apply for citizenship but she has been to the states for 6 months. Does she need to apply for police clearance from the states before sending the application or she should wait for IRCC to ask for it. Any help is welcome. Thank you all.

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Hi everyone, Happy new year. I have a friend of mine who lives in Montreal, she wants to apply for citizenship but she has been to the states for 6 months. Does she need to apply for police clearance from the states before sending the application or she should wait for IRCC to ask for it. Any help is welcome. Thank you all.
I would recommend that she gets the police clearance and adds it to her application before applying since it's in the checklist of the application. For them to return the application might end up causing unnecessary delays.

Reactions: Bargeld

Shaikhzees

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Dear All,

Took the test in Scarborough recently. Passed with flying colors.

Test: Doing all the online tests and through the app will only help in preparing for how the test is prepared. But to actually pass the test, your "concepts" have to be very clear. They will play with the words and the sentences, and if your concept is not clear, you will surely have a hard time passing it. Thus do ALL the online tests, but do ALSO read the entire "Discover Book" inside out many many times. ROTE WILL NOT HELP.

Time: Be there ATLEAST 45 mins earlier,as you are suppose to fill a declaration form and get settled.

Docs to bring: 1). Landing paper 2). PR Card 3). Invitation letter (you will need the UCI & Application number on the letter. The officers said they would look at the letter on your phone if you didn't have a printed copy, but having a printed copy was definitely easier) 4). Your passports pertaining to your stay in Canada 4). Two Provisional ID's

Interview: Very short and straight forward in our case (but maybe that's because of the kind of score we got) Otherwise i have seen people sitting there for more then 10 mins. You are called in as a couple/family, or Individual if you came alone. Just lay down everything in front of them to keep the process clean and simple (have noting to hide). Questions asked: what do you do and about your trips to outside Canada after landing.

If test failed: You will (hopefully) get another at it after 6-8 weeks

If interview failed (even though test was passed): You will be called infront of a judge (at a later date) for a more thorough interview.

Parking: Not sufficient at the very building, thus arrive early to secure one. Cheap though.

Oath invitation: Within one year (from the date of your very application submission). Although heard that it's not taking that long after the test is cleared.

Hope the process and test is easy for everyone and wishing you All the Best !!

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
Dear All,

Took the test in Scarborough recently. Passed with flying colors.

Test: Doing all the online tests and through the app will only help in preparing for how the test is prepared. But to actually pass the test, your "concepts" have to be very clear. They will play with the words and the sentences, and if your concept is not clear, you will surely have a hard time passing it. Thus do ALL the online tests, but do ALSO read the entire "Discover Book" inside out many many times. ROTE WILL NOT HELP.

Time: Be there ATLEAST 45 mins earlier,as you are suppose to fill a declaration form and get settled.

Docs to bring: 1). Landing paper 2). PR Card 3). Invitation letter (you will need the UCI & Application number on the letter. The officers said they would look at the letter on your phone if you didn't have a printed copy, but having a printed copy was definitely easier) 4). Your passports pertaining to your stay in Canada 4). Two Provisional ID's

Interview: Very short and straight forward in our case (but maybe that's because of the kind of score we got) Otherwise i have seen people sitting there for more then 10 mins. You are called in as a couple/family, or Individual if you came alone. Just lay down everything in front of them to keep the process clean and simple (have noting to hide). Questions asked: what do you do and about your trips to outside Canada after landing.

If test failed: You will (hopefully) get another at it after 6-8 weeks

If interview failed (even though test was passed): You will be called infront of a judge (at a later date) for a more thorough interview.

Parking: Not sufficient at the very building, thus arrive early to secure one. Cheap though.

Oath invitation: Within one year (from the date of your very application submission). Although heard that it's not taking that long after the test is cleared.

Hope the process and test is easy for everyone and wishing you All the Best !!
Congrats and thanks for sharing your experience...

catharines

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
I would recommend that she gets the police clearance and adds it to her application before applying since it's in the checklist of the application. For them to return the application might end up causing unnecessary delays.
Thank you CanadianSoonToBe for your quick reply. Do you know the processus to get it done please? What she should do or go. Thank you.

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Thank you CanadianSoonToBe for your quick reply. Do you know the processus to get it done please? What she should do or go. Thank you.
I'm not so sure about the process for US Police Clearance..but check the US consulate website- I'm sure there must be something there. Sometimes there are express services for that too for an extra fee..if your friend would like to get the PCC faster. :)

Reactions: Bargeld

catharines

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
I'm not so sure about the process for US Police Clearance..but check the US consulate website- I'm sure there must be something there. Sometimes there are express services for that too for an extra fee..if your friend would like to get the PCC faster. :)
Thank you for your response.

unaseem

Nov 26, 2008
Calgary,AB
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
11 April 2011
Doc's Request.
RPRF and updated history on FEb 20, 2013
Nomination.....
PNP -Alberta
AOR Received.
Sept 2,2011
File Transfer...
16 MAY 2012 to Ottawa and In process on 26 July 2012
Med's Request
Sept 29,2011
Med's Done....
OCT 06,2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
March 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 27, 2013
LANDED..........
APRIL 06, 2013
Test done on JAN 03 in Scarborough, ON. It was easy test. Officer interviewed for 2-3 minutes. Didn't look into any documents. Even she didn't open my passport. She said u r good to go and oath should be before 12 months time from ur date of application.

Please update sheet for me, appreciate

ECAS shows "Decision Made" since JAN 05, 2018.

best of luck to everyone and thanks to everyone for sharing ur experience and very useful informations here. Thanks

Reactions: Got sick of waiting

Got sick of waiting

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Test done on JAN 03 in Scarborough, ON. It was easy test. Officer interviewed for 2-3 minutes. Didn't look into any documents. Even she didn't open my passport. She said u r good to go and oath should be before 12 months time from ur date of application.

Please update sheet for me, appreciate

ECAS shows "Decision Made" since JAN 05, 2018.

best of luck to everyone and thanks to everyone for sharing ur experience and very useful informations here. Thanks
Congrats and thanks for sharing