+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2017 Citizenship Applicants - (pre C6 rule)

melody.sha

Jul 10, 2017
It will take some time before sending you the oath invite, between 1 to 2 months after last documents u send.
But I have here a question, they waited for more than a month after the test (from oct 19 to end of Nov) to send you request for translation?
yes It took a month or longer for them to send me the instruction.

Reactions: elie72

Shaikhzees

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
How long is the Test itself.
My test is at 8:15am and they have invited me to be there 1 hour early. Till what time should i be expecting to remain in the test centre then.

Lastly, after the test, what's the timeline right now for the Oath ceremony. And would that also require a full day off from work?

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
My test is at 8:15am and they have invited me to be there 1 hour early. Till what time should i be expecting to remain in the test centre then.

Lastly, after the test, what's the timeline right now for the Oath ceremony. And would that also require a full day off from work?
Depends on office but seems like they try to push everyone to close to 12 months now due to surge in apps after C6

Reactions: Shaikhzees

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Most people will be done with test in 10 minutes. And if you are among the first to hand your answers, you will be among the first to be called for interview. My test was at 8:15 and I was out by 9:25 am. Started test at 8:45, handed test at 9:00. Called for interview at 9:15. Done at 9:25. This is Ottawa office.

Shaikhzees

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Most people will be done with test in 10 minutes. And if you are among the first to hand your answers, you will be among the first to be called for interview. My test was at 8:15 and I was out by 9:25 am. Started test at 8:45, handed test at 9:00. Called for interview at 9:15. Done at 9:25. This is Ottawa office.
Thanks Katayoon.
- And when were you called for the Oath (after how many days/months)
- What questions were asked at the interview
- What copy and original docs did they asked from you on the test day

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Thanks Katayoon.
It's different for different test centers actually. I went to a Mississauga test center and was given my oath letter right after my interview while some people from the same office had to wait a few weeks..or months for their letter. That's something unpredictable.
Interview is simple, they just ask about where you work and the position you are at. It's mainly about checking all your original IDs, landing document, passport stamps. If you have travels which do not necessarily have your passport stamps, I would recommend you carry a copy of your flight tickets just to cover all your bases. Carry original documents of whatever you submitted as part of your citizenship application.

Good Luck :)

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
Today I have informed CIC via webform that we will be away for a month from mid Jan to last week of Feb... Seems like our test will be super delayed now...

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Katayoon.
-Exactly one month after the test I got oath invite. It was a two-week advance notice
-where do I work, explain my travels during eligibility period, if I live alone, explain how I got all my other citizenships (and I have many)
-test letter, 2 photo IDs, PR card, passports (basically everything from the old checklist which was in effect when we applied except COPR and language proof). I also had original boarding passes and tickets from all trips since I came to Canada but the officer did not look at them. I showed them my government employee ID too although was not required.

seth2015

Jun 3, 2015
Hey Folk,
I took my Oath on the 20th Dec.
They kept the PR card.
Applied for the passport in person on the 21st morning, and received it on 28th. (did an express request).

Cheers

Reactions: CanadianSoonToBe

qshahzad

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Feb 2010
AOR Received.
Feb 2010
IELTS Request
Already submitted with Doc request
File Transfer...
July 2010
Med's Request
25-April-2012
Med's Done....
06-May-2012 (delivered on May 17, 12)
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
03-October-2012 (Dec made on Nov 7, 12)
VISA ISSUED...
November 21, 2012
LANDED..........
March 05, 2013
Hi,

My status on web shows that I was sent a letter on Dec 28 for oath. No email or letters yet. But it's good to know that Mississauga office seems to be moving. Oath is on Jan 26.

aronnok

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Hi,
I send my application on Jun 29, 2017
Correspondent email received: Aug 1, 2017
Application Processing started: Aug 8, 2017
Test Appearance notice received: Oct 6, 2017
Appeared for test: Oct 24, 2017

The officer told me that I will get oath ceremony invitation by December and in January 2018 all the process should be completed.

Still didn't get the oath invitation. My center is Scarborough.
Any idea about how long it might take?

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Hi,
I send my application on Jun 29, 2017
Correspondent email received: Aug 1, 2017
Application Processing started: Aug 8, 2017
Test Appearance notice received: Oct 6, 2017
Appeared for test: Oct 24, 2017

The officer told me that I will get oath ceremony invitation by December and in January 2018 all the process should be completed.

Still didn't get the oath invitation. My center is Scarborough.
Any idea about how long it might take?
My wife is still waiting since early Oct! Scarborough seems now taking people from missisauga office to take oath, it is ridiculously long wait just for the last step at this office!

Felonious.Spunk

Jun 28, 2017
Hey all.. took the test in Scarborough yesterday; 20/20 but I spent *lots* of hours studying with the practice tests. One thing I noticed was that most of the online tests had the exact same wording for any given question, but in the actual test the wording was slightly different. If you fully understood the content and your English reading comprehension was strong, it was no problem -- but if you didn't already know the answers or if you had 'memorized' the wording of the questions on the practice test, it could be easy to get tripped up. None of the questions were "trick" questions, per se -- but it was a bit jarring after having done so many practice tests all with roughly the same questions.

My interview was fairly quick - we spent a little time talking about the reasons an American might want Canadian citizenship. I had received a request for more information on a couple of entries to Canada missing from my calculator and was supposed to bring that info to the interview, but I decided to send it ahead by Canada Post. The interviewer already had the info printed out and in my file and was impressed that I had turned it around so quickly. I laid my passport and IDs out on the desk for the interviewer, but he didn't ask for them at all. He didn't ask to see my COPR or my language proof, etc. either -- so my case might be a bit unusual. He did say straightaway that he didn't like applications that were close to the minimum number of days, but ultimately he was convinced I had met the requirement.

At the end of the interview, the officer had me sign a form (he also signed it), shook my hand, and told me that I would have my oath ceremony no later than 12 months from my original application date (late June). Based on the number of people who were at Scarborough yesterday, I'd be surprised if it was much earlier than that.

One note for others about to take the test: make sure to print out your invite letter and take it with you. I thought that was kind of silly since they sent it to me in the first place, but the Scarborough office had so many people there for the test that they used the letter for crowd control and making sure people were in the right place at the right time. You will also need the UCI and Application numbers on the letter for a separate declaration document they make you fill out. The officers said they would look at the letter on your phone if you didn't have a printed copy, but having a printed copy was definitely easier.

FWIW, and good luck all.