+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2017 Citizenship Applicants - (pre C6 rule)

qshahzad

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Feb 2010
AOR Received.
Feb 2010
IELTS Request
Already submitted with Doc request
File Transfer...
July 2010
Med's Request
25-April-2012
Med's Done....
06-May-2012 (delivered on May 17, 12)
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
03-October-2012 (Dec made on Nov 7, 12)
VISA ISSUED...
November 21, 2012
LANDED..........
March 05, 2013
Hi folks,
I had my test on Dec 07. During the interview the lady was quite thorough while checking the papers to the extent that she wanted to see translations for my wife's entry and exit before coming to Canada. We had to explain that she did not go anywhere after landing in Canada.

She did say that hopefully we will get our oath letters hopefully in January.

Just to let you know one of my friends got the oath letter right after the interview.

Thanks,

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Hi folks,
I had my test on Dec 07. During the interview the lady was quite thorough while checking the papers to the extent that she wanted to see translations for my wife's entry and exit before coming to Canada. We had to explain that she did not go anywhere after landing in Canada.

Just to let you know one of my friends got the oath letter right after the interview.

Thanks,
You are a May applicant right? When did you get your test invite?

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
Hi folks,

Thanks,
Congratulations!!!!

qshahzad

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Feb 2010
AOR Received.
Feb 2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
July 2010
Med's Request
25-April-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 21, 2012
LANDED..........
March 05, 2013

luz07

Jul 13, 2017
it's been 50 days since I got DM. Still no oath letter. Montreal :( Anyone knows what's up with mtl office?

Bigfoot3

Nov 23, 2016
Just got my test date a couple of days but its Jan 5th and I was planning to be out of country till mid Jan.

Should I ask to reschedule the test? Ticket prices in early Jan are insanely expensive with New Years and all, so a pretty bad time for the test. If it was even a week later it would have been perfect.

Anyone have experience with this sort of situation.

Bigfoot3

Nov 23, 2016
Just got my test date a couple of days but its early Jan and I was planning to be out of country till mid Jan.

Should I ask to reschedule the test? Ticket prices in early Jan are insanely expensive with New Years and all, so a pretty bad time for the test. If it was even a week later it would have been perfect.

Anyone have experience with this sort of situation.
Also, on the same topic. If need be, I can make it for that test, but I was thinking of heading out of country again mid January (I"ve been out of Canada for a month and a half).

Is very recent travel records something they look at for citizenship tests and the process afterwards. For example, if I take my test and I'm out of country for 1-2 more months afterwards, will that hurt my chances (assuming I can fly back in for the oath).

Just don't want to spend the winter freezing lol. On my initial application I had more than enough days inside Canada. But I don't want them to disqualify based on me spending a lot of time recently out of the country.

qshahzad

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Feb 2010
AOR Received.
Feb 2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
July 2010
Med's Request
25-April-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 21, 2012
LANDED..........
March 05, 2013
Also, on the same topic. If need be, I can make it for that test, but I was thinking of heading out of country again mid January (I"ve been out of Canada for a month and a half).

Is very recent travel records something they look at for citizenship tests and the process afterwards. For example, if I take my test and I'm out of country for 1-2 more months afterwards, will that hurt my chances (assuming I can fly back in for the oath).

Just don't want to spend the winter freezing lol. On my initial application I had more than enough days inside Canada. But I don't want them to disqualify based on me spending a lot of time recently out of the country.
Can't say much but I know a person who completed his tenure here applied for citizenship and went back home. Came back first for test then oath, urgent passport and back ......

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Regarding applying for citizenship, and then leaving the country, there is nothing really stopping anyone from doing that.

The only potential issue is if, somehow, your application gets dragged for whatever reason, then you may no longer satisfy the residency requirements while waiting for your oath.

The official rule is that, between application date and the date of oath, you need to always be able to satisfy the residency requirements (three years out of a rolling five year period).